Google Express Nov 1 Gaming Deals (XB1X + RDR2 $368 + Tax, Switch $240 + Tax)

Katsumi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Google Express is running a 1-day promotion today on select electronics. They are giving 20% off with code WISH20 with a $500 max discount.

Currently, antonline has the Nintendo Switch listed for $300 which comes to $240+Tax after WISH20.

There is also a Xbox One X NBA2K19 Bundle + Red Dead Redemption 2 for $368+Tax after WISH20.

The sale homepage is here

YMMV - Some are being told that the code has reached its limit already

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever gets their X first.. Let us all know if it's a Digital or physical copy of RDR2 please  ;)

And for those that do have RDR2 for Xbox.. Can you buy the Special/Ultimate edition "upgrade" on the marketplace? Like DLC.

Since i'm going to be switching from PS4 RDR2.. to playing it on the X, I kinda would like to get the Special edition perks like I have on PS4. Going to keep the Special ed sleeve/map from the PS4 and trade in the disc when mine gets here Thursday.

This was a fantastic deal! Does anyone know if the included controller is the latest Bluetooth version? I already sold my OG Xbox locally for $200, and I plan to sell off the two games and controller as well.

This was a fantastic deal! Does anyone know if the included controller is the latest Bluetooth version? I already sold my OG Xbox locally for $200, and I plan to sell off the two games and controller as well.
Yeah. All new controllers (the ones without the reflective piece of plastic around the "X" circular button on the controller), have 3.5mm jack and Bluetooth.

Mine is saying delivery next week too. I'm very curious about RDR2 being physical or not. Also there is a 98% chance I will NOT keep NBA2K19, so if anyone wants the code let me know and I will get back to you.

I still do not know when I am getting my Switch. It says it shipped from GA but is now in PA. I live in FL. Why would they ship it up north just to ship it back south? You got to love our USPS. LOL

Sounds like it was Surepost (UPS) or other 3rd party that the usps delivers in the end. Or a tracking error. I get arrived and out for delivery updates that say Las Vegas. And I am not nowhere near sin city..

When I bought mine i didn't see any other option other than UPS, at least on mobile it didn't show me any other option.

Weekly ad says offers are valid 10/31 - 11/06. So who knows if it goes up on Wednesday or comes down, I'd like to see an advance ad scan tomorrow but I'm not sure if those come out ahead of time regularly.

Now another stupid question... lol. (I don't go to SD)

Does the physical RDR2 in the bundle come with the pre-order dlc code? 

Yeah I just said screw it and took it in today since i'm off work. Saving all that credit for BF deals. (crosses fingers lol)

My X gets here thursday.. 

Yeah I just said screw it and took it in today since i'm off work. Saving all that credit for BF deals. (crosses fingers lol)
My X gets here thursday..
Looks like I'll be receiving my Xbox tomorrow! It was originally slated for Wednesday. I need to tell my friend about that trade in offer.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I got my order yesterday; just to confirm, Red Dead Redemption II is a physical copy. Hoping to sell both games.
Same. I know Red Dead is eventually going to receive a GOTY/Complete Edition, and I refuse to play NBA 2K games or any future basketball series. They're not with my time and frustration.

Posted my NBA in the trading forum... This is a more reputable place to get rid of codes than ebay. But yeah, RDR2 is a physical copy. Not sure why anyone thought it wouldn't be, tbh, since it's clearly an NBA Xone SKU.

Posted my NBA in the trading forum... This is a more reputable place to get rid of codes than ebay. But yeah, RDR2 is a physical copy. Not sure why anyone thought it wouldn't be, tbh, since it's clearly an NBA Xone SKU.
I figured it would be physical, but there was zero mention of it in the ad... so was curious.

So was the pre-order code in the box? (another reason I wanted to know)

I figured it would be physical, but there was zero mention of it in the ad... so was curious.

Not sure, I'm selling mine. I already have it on PS4 and I'm too far in to restart. I would guess it does, I'm pretty sure all launch copies have them.

I'm not opening the game that was packaged in with this bundle as I intend to sell it, but I preordered RDR2 SE at Best Buy the day before it came out and the copy I got had the preorder code packed in with the other codes in the game case. There are no markings on the box that it is a preorder copy either so I'm guessing the preorder code is just packed in to all early printed copies like is often done with day one editions and some other preorder bonus games.

So what are the best offers for a first gen Xbox One? I figure I'll transfer my content (I have the CODAW edition which already had the 1TB in it) but selling and shipping the console seems tough

So what are the best offers for a first gen Xbox One? I figure I'll transfer my content (I have the CODAW edition which already had the 1TB in it) but selling and shipping the console seems tough
Sell it locally. GameStop is/was offering $125 for it. I listed my OG Xbox One w/Kinect and new Microsoft Controller for $250. I received a ton of responses, but I ultimately sold the Xbox without the Kinect for $200. I delivered it, but the buyer was ten minutes away or so. I still need to sell off the Kinect because I can't use it without the Microsoft Adapter. I sold my Xbox One via Facebook Marketplace, but you should list it on Offer Up and LetGo as well. Good luck! If you're adding anything to it, I would list it at $180-$200.

Sell it locally. GameStop is/was offering $125 for it. I listed my OG Xbox One w/Kinect and new Microsoft Controller for $250. I received a ton of responses, but I ultimately sold the Xbox without the Kinect for $200. I delivered it, but the buyer was ten minutes away or so. I still need to sell off the Kinect because I can't use it without the Microsoft Adapter. I sold my Xbox One via Facebook Marketplace, but you should list it on Offer Up and LetGo as well. Good luck! If you're adding anything to it, I would list it at $180-$200.
You did great. I posted my xbox one s (limited edition blue) for $250, with limited edition halo 5, gears of war 4, sealed copies of ryse, sunset overdrive, dark souls 3 and pes 2016. The most I was able to get was 220. I received a ton of offers, but they were all under 200.

Must be the region

You did great. I posted my xbox one s (limited edition blue) for $250, with limited edition halo 5, gears of war 4, sealed copies of ryse, sunset overdrive dark souls 3 and pes 2016. The most I was able to get was 220. I received a ton of offers, but they were all under 200.

Must be the region
Thanks! I'm surprised it went so fast. It was in like new condition as well. I knew the buyer was interested because he asked for videos of the unit turning on and working. I think the brand new controller helped as well because I paid $35 for it a long time ago. Just never opened it. I was going to post games with mine, but I wanted to see if I could sell them without. I also sold my copy of Red Dead for $55 last night so I'm still $105 in the hole. I'm more than happy to update to the Xbox One X for $105.

I just got mine (one x) right now.

A little off topic, but some input is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about getting a new pc or laptop (in need of one). Knowing that all of the xbox exclusives are now on pc, as well as their streaming service, is tempting me to sell the one x and just upgrade to a gaming set up.

How much money would I need to get an equivalent desktop or laptop?

By locally did you sell via Craigslist, eBay local, or FB Local? I don't sell much stuff so I'm not sure which sites/apps are best to sell stuff

By locally did you sell via Craigslist, eBay local, or FB Local? I don't sell much stuff so I'm not sure which sites/apps are best to sell stuff
No worries. I always post my listings on Craigslist, LetGo, and Facebook. My Xbox and Red Dead sold through Facebook marketplace. If they're free, I'll post my items. I haven't used OfferUp, but that's another option.

Edit: I decided to keep my controller. It'll be nice having a third Bluetooth controller that I can use for my emulators, PC, or the Switch. I just need to sell off NBA 2K19.

I just got mine (one x) right now.

A little off topic, but some input is greatly appreciated. I am thinking about getting a new pc or laptop (in need of one). Knowing that all of the xbox exclusives are now on pc, as well as their streaming service, is tempting me to sell the one x and just upgrade to a gaming set up.

How much money would I need to get an equivalent desktop or laptop?
Will 100% depend on what you want.
Consoles are much cheaper than the “equivalent” pc. I build my pc’s, so thats another thing to consider to save money, my current pc is a few years old and was built before 4k was as “cheap” as it is now. Still spent about $1k on it, id have to spend at least 2-300 more to be able to do VR or more for 4k. Not to mention my monitor is only 1080p anyway.
Cost is a big factor between console and pc, odds are you will spend a lot more to get same results as an X. Remember that MS generally loses money on the console, they make the money on the games. (At least thats how it used to be)

Figure $1k+ (have not looked at build prices recently but thats a start, could be less. But i highly doubt sub $500 for X performance) if you just want 1080p performance on a pc.. you could probably do it much cheaper.

So all depends, there is no set in stone answer. Prices fluctuate, deals pop up, depends if you have a good monitor etc already.

Also you could get into a cheap pc, or cheap build.. but how long before you need to upgrade? Best to spend more to future proof yourself as long as you can. Unless you like spending more money every year or so..

Will 100% depend on what you want.
Consoles are much cheaper than the “equivalent” pc. I build my pc’s, so thats another thing to consider to save money, my current pc is a few years old and was built before 4k was as “cheap” as it is now. Still spent about $1k on it, id have to spend at least 2-300 more to be able to do VR or more for 4k. Not to mention my monitor is only 1080p anyway.
Cost is a big factor between console and pc, odds are you will spend a lot more to get same results as an X. Remember that MS generally loses money on the console, they make the money on the games. (At least thats how it used to be)

Figure $1k+ (have not looked at build prices recently but thats a start, could be less. But i highly doubt sub $500 for X performance) if you just want 1080p performance on a pc.. you could probably do it much cheaper.

So all depends, there is no set in stone answer. Prices fluctuate, deals pop up, depends if you have a good monitor etc already.

Also you could get into a cheap pc, or cheap build.. but how long before you need to upgrade? Best to spend more to future proof yourself as long as you can. Unless you like spending more money every year or so..
I think I will just stick to console gaming. The max I would do for a pc in the foreseeable future is $800. I would also need to upgrade my monitor, which puts me way over my budget.

Thanks for the excellent response. 👍

No worries. I always post my listings on Craigslist, LetGo, and Facebook. My Xbox and Red Dead sold through Facebook marketplace. If they're free, I'll post my items. I haven't used OfferUp, but that's another option.

Edit: I decided to keep my controller. It'll be nice having a third Bluetooth controller that I can use for my emulators, PC, or the Switch. I just need to sell off NBA 2K19.

Thank you for the tips I will be sure to put them into action!

Also, does this XB1X deal still seem better (esp with no tax) than any of the known BF deals or has anyone spotted anything better?

Thank you for the tips I will be sure to put them into action!

Also, does this XB1X deal still seem better (esp with no tax) than any of the known BF deals or has anyone spotted anything better?
You got it! It's probably the best deal you'll see for a while for the Xbox One X. You could try winning the Xbox from Taco Bell, but I wouldn't put stock into it. I don't see how anu other deal would be able to top this unless there's some crazy glitch. Good luck selling those items!

Does the Xbox game pass code that comes with this bundle work?

What's the best way to stack with the free trial and $1 30 day game pass from MS store?

I still do not know when I am getting my Switch. It says it shipped from GA but is now in PA. I live in FL. Why would they ship it up north just to ship it back south? You got to love our USPS. LOL

Sounds like it was Surepost (UPS) or other 3rd party that the usps delivers in the end. Or a tracking error. I get arrived and out for delivery updates that say Las Vegas. And I am not nowhere near sin city..

When I bought mine i didn't see any other option other than UPS, at least on mobile it didn't show me any other option.
I finally got my Switch today, 11/9. The box it came in said it came Priority Mail 2-day but it took a week to get here. Based on the shipping history it shipped from GA, went to Chicago, then to PA then to Jacksonville, FL then to Orlando. My switch went on a nationwide tour. :rofl:

I finally got my Switch today, 11/9. The box it came in said it came Priority Mail 2-day but it took a week to get here. Based on the shipping history it shipped from GA, went to Chicago, then to PA then to Jacksonville, FL then to Orlando. My switch went on a nationwide tour. :rofl:
My X got here finally. open the huge box and there was zero padding... rdr2 had half the box to fly around, but unlike a ps4 disc neither disc came loose.
Just worried about the X with all that space to fly around in.

My X got here finally. open the huge box and there was zero padding... rdr2 had half the box to fly around, but unlike a ps4 disc neither disc came loose.
Just worried about the X with all that space to fly around in.
Yeah, my Switch had no padding either. The box was just big enough to fit the Switch box. A quick visual check shows everything is in order. Need to hook it up to make it sure it is in working condition.

LOL, I just had an order get to a city sixty miles away and then went to California. I'm on the east coast...

bread's done
Back