Goomba's Freebie of the Week #1 - Mario 64 Plushie

goomba478

CAGiversary!
Feedback
599 (100%)
goombas_freebie_banner.png

Hey guys, along with a post on Goozex (where this contest originated) I am opening up a new (for now, weekly) giveaway section that I'll continue to do as long as it's popular enough of a feature. I've had a really great experience with Goozex my first month and I've already received a few fantastic games and I'm having a great time...this is just my way to give back a little something and hopefully make some new friends in the process.

As for my background, I've been an avid gamer ever since I've been able to hold a controller (seriously, I was playing the Intellivision with my father when I was only two years old!) and as a game collector/eBay Powerseller/etc. I've accumulated a lot of games and accessories over the years. Many of which I no longer need/use.

Without further ado comes my first ever give away. In honor of the masterpiece that is Super Mario Galaxy for the Nintendo Wii (which btw if you haven't played is every bit as great as the reviews say it is, if not more), I am giving away a limited edition Mario 64 Bean-bag toy that was released in 1997. The Mario toy features the wings on the hat (as in Mario 64) and is in great shape overall. Maybe not collector's quality (the kind that keep toys shrink wrapped) but it's sure to be a big hit with any gamer that would smile seeing Mario on their bookshelf, on top of their TV (where I like to put my toys) or car windshield (I don't really recommend this as the sun washed out a lot of my older stuffed animals in the past).

mario_beanbag_toy.jpg

Here's the awesome little Mario 64 plushie.
** Please note that Super Mario Galaxy is not included **
I wish I could afford to give away brand new games ^_^ but I digress....

The contest is easy...All you have to do is reply to this post with the following information: Tell me what your favorite Super Mario game is (any console or system is fine!) and what your favorite Mario enemy is (you can suck up and say the Goomba but I'd prefer you be honest as it has no effect on the choosing of the winner. I will then take scraps of paper and write down each member's name and select a winner Sunday (11/18/07) midnight. I will list the winner here as well as PM the winner to let them know they won and get their mailing address. Couldn't be simpler :)

*Please note that all graphics of games and characters belong to their respective owners and that I am using them simply to promote the games that they come from, rather than infringe upon copyrights. Please don't sue me ^_^

Great idea for a contest, and very generous of you OP. Congrats.

1) Super Mario Brothers III was my favorite game in the series.

2) I've always been a big fan of the Hammer Bros. myself, for some reason.

Glad to see that someone responded so quickly :) Like I said, if people are happy with my free giveaways then I am more than happy to do them. I have tons of stuff to give out and a lot of it doesn't sell well on places like eBay so it's either keep it all locked in my closet/storage or give it out to gamers that can appreciate it :) I think the choice is easy.

Mario 3 is an INCREDIBLE game and even Nintendo acknowledged it as being "perhaps the greatest game of all time" or however they worded it when it was released on the Virtual Console. I too love the Hammer Bros but obviously I'm most partial to Goombas :) Thanks for your entry! Consider your username written on a small piece of paper ^_^

=JJ=

Thanks for the giveaway, OP!

My favorite Mario game would be Super Mario Bros. 3, I remember playing that game so much as a kid, the different suits were great and I enjoyed the different worlds.

My favorite Mario enemy is Boo since I love how they look and cover their faces when you look at them.

Favorite Mario game: Super Mario Bros. 3. It was the first one I ever beat, and fun as heck! Also, I probably watched The Wizard a million times.

Favorite Mario Enemy: Drybones! Knock him down? Mofo will get right back up. Don't stop the magic, Drybones.

Thanks for the contest OP!

1. My favorite Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 3. The level design was amazing and I love all the cool power ups in the game.

2. Chargin Chuck is my favorite Mario enemy

1. Super Mario RPG The Legend of the Seven Stars for the SNES (May not be your standard Mario game, but I loved and still love that game, favorite platformer would be Super Mario World for the SNES though.)

2. The Axem Rangers! It was such a great parody back then.
Edit - 2 is actually a tie with Croco, he owned.

Thanks for entering so far guys, I think Mario 3 is ahead by a LONG shot so far but it's interesting to see the New Super Mario Bros. getting some love :) It's really hard to find a bad Mario Game (unless you count "Mario is Missing" which even in its own way was somewhat interesting...kind of).

Oh and heatdolphins45 consider yourself disqualified for dissing Goombas like that ^_^ Hehe just kidding. They are mushrooms after all so it's all good. Good luck everyone. If you don't win this week I'll have something unique to give away next week :)

=JJ=

1) My favorite Super Mario game would be Super Mario 64 for the N64 b/c it introduced me to 3d platforming games and I've been hooked ever since. The controls were spot on and the gameplay was innovative.

2) My favorite enemy from a Super mario game would be birdo b/c she/he/shim was easy to beat :lol:

1. i would have to say mario 64 is mt fave. that game broke down walls on so many levels. not just for mario games.

2. i would have to go with the pirahna plant. he cant get you as long as you stand next to his pipe!

Awesome contest OP...

1. Super Mario RPG Legend of the Seven Stars (SNES) is my favorite mario game

2. My favorite villain is that flying sun from SMB3 that does circles then darts at you... it had my number when I was a kid...

My favorite Mario Bros. game has been Super Mario World. It just came into my life at the right time to be my all-time favorite.

Favorite enemy...that's not so easy, but I'm going to go with Birdo. Just wierd.

My favorite Mario game is definitely Super Mario World for the SNES (a close second would be SMB 3, and third would be SMRPG).

Favorite enemy? Hmm... I guess I'll have to go with the Hammer Bros. That guy that throws down spiked creatures from his cloud is cool as well, but the Hammer Bros beat him, methinks.

This will be an unpoppular one, but i actaully have to say Super Mario Land was my favorite game. When it came out on gameboy, it had no save function, yet i beat that game over 20 times. Whcih for really young me was A LOT of patience.

My favorite mario enemy would be the Koopalings aka the koopa kids. Esepcially on the cartoon.

Super Mario 64 is my favorite Mario game ever. Playing Mario in 3D for the first time hooked me for the game for hours on when I was a kid.

My favorite enemy is the Ice Bully from Super Mario 64. Beating him on the second ice world was too hard for me at the time and I stopped playing for a while because of it.

very nice contest

my fav mario game is Super Mario World (SNES) ive never played any mario game as much as that one

and my fav mario enemy would probably be the Giant Bullet! its just so absurd that a bullet 30 times bigger than mario shoots that slow and can be taken out with little ol mario jumping on it! lol

My favorite Mario game had to be Mario Kart 64 -- there is no Mario game I put more time into as a kid. My friends and I would play battle mode non stop.

My favorite Mario enemy is the Thwomp, because every level of every game the guys were in kept me on my toes.

My favorite Mario game is Super Mario World...
Favorite Mario enemy would be Mouser, I think that was his name, the mouse with the sunglasses who threw bombs...
-Goatman

Galaxy just may be the best Mario game I have played, and my favorite enemy are those little pumpkins (with or without those goombas inside).

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is my fave Mario game (though Super Mario 64 is a close second).

I've always loved the Bob-ombs (even though they killed me alot when I was a youngin').

Great contest OP.

Thanks for the contest, OP.

1) Super Mario RPG: LotSS. Played and beat it countless times, and can't wait for it to come on the VC. Paper Mario is a close second, followed by Super Paper Mario (I've yet to play Paper Mario 2).

2) That crazy sun that chased you through the desert in Super Mario 3.

I have to say that my favorite mario game is Super Marios Bros 2 because it's really a change of formula on the mario series.

Also, my favorite enemy has to be the shy guy because the face looks like the face of a little ghost.

This is awesome, thanks for doing it! :D

I think my favorite Mario Bros. game is probably New Super Mario Bros. I know a lot of people found it way too easy, but I'm not the best gamer, nor do I have the most patience, so I really enjoyed being able to beat it without pulling out too much of my hair...

My favorite enemy, I think would have to be Dry Bones. I just think he's cute in a pitiful sort of way ;)

My favorite Mario game of all time is definitely Super Mario RPG, as i can play that game all day and all night and i practically remembered where every hidden coin block is.
My favorite villian is definitely the Chain Chomp(Especially in SMB3 when you do the trick to release them)

1. Favorite Mario game would have to be Mario Paint. I loved swatting those flies and making music and coloring. Ahh, such memories.
2. Favorite bad guy? Shyguys! Who I hope makes Smash Bros. Brawl. (Hey, I can dream:D)

Super Mario RPG is my favorite, i put so much time in to that game.

My favorite enemy is Chargin' Chuck hands down. Stupid football player vs Mario. Matchup for the ages!

"Super Mario Bros. 2". Not sure why I like it so much. Seems like it usually gets a lot of hate for others.

"Lakitu". I loved stealing his cloud and taking it for a ride :) I also like him because he tosses out my other favorite bad guy called "Spiny".

1) Super Mario 64 - the ds re-release made me remember how much I loved it.
2) Bob-ombs are awesome.. I loved picking them up and tossing them back at enemies. :)

My favorite Super Mario game is definitely Super Mario World, because I consider it to be the epitome of the Mario Franchise.
My favorite villain is Mouser from SMB2. There's something wicked about a bomb hurling, shades wearin' anthropomorphic mouse.

Favorite super mario game : super mario 3!

My favorite enemy was the sun from the desert levels, if only because an entire sun is attacking Mario :)

1) Super Mario 64 ( Tough one because Super Mario World is a close 2nd)

2) Bullet Bill. Because guns dont kill people, bullets do.

Super Maro Brothers 3 for sure. It was the best when i was growing up and still has great appeal now.

I would have to say bowser, because this guy never gives up. After he has tried to get the princess countless times he never gives up :p

1. Ive always had a special feeling for super mario brothers 3.

2. My favorite enemy is boo! Those guys are some pretty badass guys. Messing with them is also very fun.

bread's done
Back