Goomba's Freebie of the Week #4 - Various Prizes

1) Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I've never played any of the new Prince of Persia games. I just remember watching my dad play the first (2d) one on the computer years ago. It was an awesome game.

2) I'd have to say Super Mario 64. It's the platformer to which I compare all other platformers. This is when I first started getting into games, and it stands out in my mind as one of the only games I would describe as 'pure fun'. Up until Galaxy, no other game I've played has been able to emulate that feeling.

Awesome contest Goomba. You've definitely got the CAG spirit!

06) Puzzle Quest (PSP - Brand New)

Because the pig of destiny is in my corner, and I like puzzle games.

Most prized: I guess the whole Steam thing. Those games have given me hours upon hours of fun. And Orange Box is on its way! TF2!

10$ Goombucks GC

My most prized game is definitely Skies of Arcadia Legends for Gamecube. I've put like 130 hours into that game. I just love it. It's actually the only Gamecube game I currently own. I just couldn't bring myself to sell it. It's such a great game!

Sonice Plushie just like last week :D

Hmmm most prized game huh.... I suppose that would be my favorite game, Chrono Trigger for the SNES, for lack of having any other game with anything particularly special about it (autographed, etc)

Also, I'm a member of Goozex do you need a goozex screenname for the second thing as well? I'm CombatFrog there too.

$10 Goombucks

The game(s) I most value are my Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective Volume I, II, & III with paper newspapers (I don't know if they are all here or not) for DOS. I had Volume I on Sega CD (came with it) and loved it. End up finding all three with newspapers on eBay a few years ago and jumped. Haven't played them since I got them though... I don't think they are worth a lot of money, but I had tons of fun playing when I was younger so nostalgia is a huge factor. A close second would be Betrayal in Krondor, though I don't own a physical copy, I should but I passed on buying a CD copy at KMart years ago because it had just been released as freeware so I didn't see the point of buying a copy. The funny thing is I played BiK for hours and hours, but I only got past the second or third chapter... the riddle boxes were my favorite part of the game.

And I'm a goozex member, same username as here.

Puzzle Quest (PSP NEW)

My most prized game would have to be Duck Hunter for the NES because it was the first game on my first system when I was a little gamer. O the days 9_9

Pig of Destiny? Last time I checked he was just named "The Prize Pig"...I guess his agent hasn't updated me on what he's calling himself these days. Man oh man that pig is getting a big head ^_^

1) As with last week, I'll go with the Sonic plushie.

2) This is hard to answer, because I really don't have many games... For sentimental reasons I guess I'd have to go with one of my NES collection, maybe Super Mario Bros 3 or something. Thinking about playing the game during my childhood invokes a nice nostalgic feeling, which is worth more in some ways than the most rare and valuable game.

Also, I has a goozex account under the same name.

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response)

Puzzle Quest (PSP)

2) What is the one game in your collection that you prize the most and why?

FF7 -- i have it sealed. non-GH Funny thing is my brother bought it wayyy back then to give to me as a gift, i already had the game so i just kinda kept it. It still sits in my closet.

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response)

Sonic Plushie =D

Half-Life. When the game first came out, I fell in love with counter-strike. I played the game for hours for 5 years, but I recently have stopped playing =[

07) SSX Tricky (Nintendo Gamecube)

Tales of Symphonia. I love the Tales series and this is my favorite game that I own out the series.

1. Mr. Goomba, I'd probably choose the Resident Evil "REmake" for the GameCube. I have never played a Resident Evil game, and I would like to know what the fuss is all about. Will it be so scary that I might consider it to be a Biohazard?

2. I value my copy of "Final Fantasy VII Greatest Hits" the most because it is ridiculously expensive on eBay as of today. But the one I treasure the most is "Elite Beat Agents." Who could have thunk that a game about music and crazy government agents dancing to hits of the past could be SOOO much fun?!

detectiveconan,

You DEFINITELY need to experience the Resident Evil series then ^_^ Good luck! This is a great game to start with obviously as it's easily the best looking of the original games and the mansion is still freaky to this day. Nice Biohazard comment ;)

I agree with you on both FF7 and Elite Beat Agents (though I actually prefer Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan!, the import game that EBA was based on...have you played that?)

1) Sonic Plushie
2) My most prized game is Parappa the Rappa for the PSX. I guess it's a sentimental pick. I had a lot of fun with it and still play through it once in a while. I just love the music and wacky characters!

Puzzle Quest for the PSP is the game I'd want. I just got a PSP and need some games. I'm kinda a puzzle game fan, but also like platformers...

It HAS to be Mario Galaxy! I got it on launch, and it is A M A Z I N G! Probably the best game I will ever come across..

Sonic Plushie

My most prized game i guess would be Marvel Vs Capcom 2 for PS2, only because its so rare and i didnt realize it for a while.

Sonic Plushie

I would say Suikoden II, but a copy I thought was mine was actually a friend's. So in that case, I would have to say a mint sealed copy of Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.

Resident Evil Remake

My copy of Fatal Frame is what I prize most. Story behind why is because I used to rent it from Blockbuster every weekend and 2 years ago they sold their only copy. :( Flashforward to 2 months ago to Gamestop 2 towns over...they had one copy of Fatal Frame completer which I just had to have so I bought it and in the car I was checking out the booklet and on the cover was a blockbuster sticker for my blockbuster that sold it. So basically I got the copy that I rented 2 years ago! xD

1 - 03) Knuckles Plushie

2 - The PAL version of Shenmue II for the DC, since it was never released on the DC in the US. Pre-ordered it because I loved the first game and couldn't wait to play the sequel. Just wish they would bring out the third game or something to end the story.

Resident Evil

My copy of Legends of Wrestling for the Xbox. Just because Ricky Morton used to come into the grocery store I worked at all the time and I got him to sign it one day.

1. I would like the tony hawk game for the DS

2. I guess my SNES with mario all stars, and mega man games. Those games I can play over and over.

Just so you guys know, there's only a couple more days for the contest ^_^ if you haven't entered yet now's your chance! The rules are easy and it's free, so don't miss out :)

Knuckles Plushie

-->What is the one game in your collection that you prize the most and why?

Tales of Symphonia is the probably the best game I have in my collection and the one that enjoyed most. The game was the best RPG I have ever played and a classic hit.

Lucreazia, that's an awesome story ^_^ I guess I'm too much of a chicken to play Fatal Frame. Japanese ghost stories freak me out more than anything. I like them because they're generally really, really good stories and characters but I'm such a wuss haha. Even Resident Evil games scare me to this day, I know...I need help. Still I have heard the Fatal Frame series is fantastic.

I think it's neat you got the same copy though :) I bought "Eternal Darkness" which was labeled as used for $9.99 but it was still plastic wrapped at Blockbuster last year hehe. Still haven't opened it though yet, you know being a wuss and all ;)

Ichigo you're obviously a Bleach fan, so let me ask you... have you played any of the Bleach games yet? Also, That's good to know about Tales of Symphonia..I've been meaning to try that out but have been trying to catch up on Final Fantasies in the meantime. Thanks for the recommendation!

1) Which prize would you select

Sonic Plushie (to go with the rest of my Sonic memorabilia)

Hmmmm, I'd have to say my disc only ( :whistle2:( ) World of Outlaws: Sprint Cars 2002. The best part... I got it for free. A friend of the family's son decided he didn't want some of his games anymore... And threw them away. Luckly, his mother was like "What the fuck is in the garbage?!" then she gave me all 25 games he decided to throw away. Most ended up being coasters, or trade-in credit at Gamestop (because nowhere else would take them disc only) but that one was in great condition. Well, and it helps it's a bit on the rare side. Everytime I go over to their house now I sneak away to try to find the box... I know they have to have it somewhere.

Mario Clash

Vandal Hearts - Best Game Ever Made.

1) if i had to choose id choose the knucles plushie but il be willing to take whatever...

2) it would be the super mario RPG legendof the seven stars for the super nintendo b/c it was one of the first rpg games that i ever had and i wouldnt trade it in or sell it for the world games means everything to me

Sonic Plushie. :3

Well I prize all of my games, but the top ones would be Super Mario World (SNES), Zelda: OoT (N64), and Jet Set Radio Future (Xbox)...god I spent so much time with all of those games!

1) Which prize would you select (if you're chosen as the winner you will get the prize that you chose in your response) Number 13

Halo 2 because its the only game I feel like everytime I pick it up, I'm playing a new game.

Jons

Puzzle Quest (PSP - Brand New)

Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal is my most prized game because of how amazing its online community and gameplay were and how many awesome memories I have from playing it.

Cow_tipper, I love your logos and signature picture haha. That's cool about Ratchet and Clank...I've heard a lot of good things about the series in general but haven't played it yet. It's in my list on Goozex though so I'll get around to it soon enough. You said the online play was fun but I take it that it's no longer supported now? That's one thing I have to credit Xbox live with, it seems their games stay online a lot longer than most Sony titles. Shame too because Sony does have some nice online games from time to time. We need a third party to support the older games on PSN.

Mario Clash

Ogre Battle-Because Im have so many fond memories of this game,on top of that its a rare game

Only three hours left! If you haven't joined in our contest, don't miss your chance ^_^ Lots of fun prizes. Also, remember that if you're on Goozex you can also enter the contest on their forums as well for a chance for the Goozex exclusive prize pig drawing. This week, two winners...who will they be and what will they select for their prizes? We shall know very soon ^_^

I made it in! :)

Spiderman 2, because it's got NYC in VG form and I want to see how well they did on recreting it. :D

Mario 3 I would say, good times.

1) The Sonic plushie
2) Border Down LE mainly because of it's extreme rarity, not to mention I love everything about it probably more than I should.

Sonic Plushie

Tetris NES because my mom used to play that with me as a kid all the time. To this day when you go to my parents house they have a Tetris tv that never gets turned off. UNLESS one of them gets mad and resets the Nintendo to clear the others high scores. The Tetris tv is complete with a burnt in PAUSE on the screen because they don't understand that you need to turn the tv off and not just pause it..... lol

[quote name='goomba478']Also, remember that if you're on Goozex you can also enter the contest on their forums as well for a chance for the Goozex exclusive prize pig drawing.[/quote]
You should have been more clear in the OP that we'd have to make a post in the Goozex forums as well. I thought we'd just have to say "Yeah, I'm a goozex member" to be entered into the second contest.

Maybe I was just being the :dunce:

mguiddy,

You don't have to post on Goozex :) Just saying you're a Goozex member here on CAG is enough... so I think that's fair. Of course posting on Goozex instantly gets you into both anyhow (in case you forgot to mention you were a Goozex member here). I was just saying that if you are a Goozex member you can post there if you like ^_^ No need to double post. Sorry for any misunderstanding.

=JJ=

bread's done
Back