Goozex 50% off sale

[quote name='whitereflection']50% off starts at 2000 points for $52.50. Wish it was smaller.[/QUOTE]

Same here. Maybe next time.

Hm I would have been in for some tokens if they were 50% off like last time (in the winter I think). Thanks though, OP.

went in for the motherload... 5000 points + 20 tokens... I mean that's basically like getting a new game for $25 and since I tend to try and get very close to first place in line for new releases, it works out for me (sorry, had to rationalize that purchase lol).

Good deal, but unless you're after older games those points will sit in your account for the next year.

Too many points, not enough games = Goozex philosophy.

This deal doesn't help that.

If point values for purchase were smaller, I would jump on board. I got the 1000 points sale for $25 last time, but I'm not in for a $50ish purchase right now.

I cant remember the last time i got a good game off goozex i really enjoyed

Last okay pick ups

Rescue Adventures Collection: 5 Family Movies DVD 100 pts kept the kids buzzy all night

May 24 Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2 -100
May 24, 2010 Naruto: Path of the Ninja 100 pts

April 16 2010 pogo island 100 pts (sold on glyde for like 30 was nice)

FEB 24 2010 Phantasy Star 0 500 pts

so its been since feb since i got anything good off the site

i only pick up 100 to 200 pt games

last 2 major grabs

Feb 24 2010 Phantasy star 0 ds 500 pts
JULY 14 2009 Class of heroes PSP 600 pts

That is just insane that it takes almost 8 months to get a new game

I usually pick up new released games on Goozex within 2-3 months after release. Demon Souls, Uncharted 2, Mass EFfect 2, God of War III, Ratchet and Clank: ACIT, all of the new Call of Duty games, New Super Mario Bros Wii, Metroid Prime Trilogy, Wii Sports Resort (Plus Motion Plus accessory), Fallout 3 GOTY... and more I just can't think of them all.

As of now I am about to get matched for Red Dead Redemption and eventually Alan Wake. But I don't even need those games because my backlog is so damn huge!

If you learn to juggle new releases, you can pick up all of the latest and greatest for around $25 each. I never had a problem waiting because I always had a backlog of new games. See how it works?

If you are trying to get the rare games, you are going to have to wait a much longer time as there is little supply to high demand.

Thanks OP, in for 2000 points for now, may bite for even more points.

[quote name='jaybird']Good deal, but unless you're after older games those points will sit in your account for the next year.

Too many points, not enough games = Goozex philosophy.

This deal doesn't help that.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much, I joined Goozex in late 07 and I loved it. I still use the site once in awhile to unload a high points game I'm done with, then use the points to get a few olderish games. But there are way too many points in supply and no one wants to trade games to get games.

They said a few years ago that this is a closed system and that inflation doesn't apply. And it doesn't, in a traditional sense. But you're still printing money(putting points in the system created from nothing) and instead people would rather buy points instead of send games out.

If the guys at Goozex don't figure this out soon the site will just keep getting worse. Unfortunately they are probably too busy making bank to care at this point.

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Pretty much, I joined Goozex in late 07 and I loved it. I still use the site once in awhile to unload a high points game I'm done with, then use the points to get a few olderish games. But there are way too many points in supply and no one wants to trade games to get games.

They said a few years ago that this is a closed system and that inflation doesn't apply. And it doesn't, in a traditional sense. But you're still printing money(putting points in the system created from nothing) and instead people would rather buy points instead of send games out.

If the guys at Goozex don't figure this out soon the site will just keep getting worse. Unfortunately they are probably too busy making bank to care at this point.[/QUOTE]

What about people abandoning their accounts. Maybe a good number of people lose interest and abandon their accounts so the points float away to limbo. That's how mail-in rebates work.

[quote name='fxu']Worst possible name for an online store.

Every time I read goozex.com, I think of goat sex :\[/QUOTE]

I don't really see the connection. Maybe that's something for you to discuss with your therapist?

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Pretty much, I joined Goozex in late 07 and I loved it. I still use the site once in awhile to unload a high points game I'm done with, then use the points to get a few olderish games. But there are way too many points in supply and no one wants to trade games to get games.

If the guys at Goozex don't figure this out soon the site will just keep getting worse. Unfortunately they are probably too busy making bank to care at this point.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='emnmnme']What about people abandoning their accounts. Maybe a good number of people lose interest and abandon their accounts so the points float away to limbo. That's how mail-in rebates work.[/QUOTE]

Like the previous poster said a part of their strategy is abandoned accounts but that doesn't alleviate all the bonuses they give out and all of the cash2point transactions they do. The other part of their "recent" strategy is to take points out of the system completely by selling/trading in for NEW games at an inflated point cost. Also they at one point were trading points for magazine subscriptions but I don't think they do that anymore... If they stepped up their efforts of taking points OUT of the system I think it would help the Goozex economy...

People have suggested lots of stuff but who knows if any of the suggestions will ever get implemented. I still think they should bring back the Points2MagazineSubs and implement other things like trading towards MS/Sony/Wii Points, Goozex Apparel, Gaming Accessories, etc...

I love how every Goozex deal thread devolves into a discussion about the "Goozex economy".

Neat deals but I have plenty of points and tokens so I won't be jumping on board. I like sitting on my points for a while and picking up crap like Borderlands for cheap-o.

Well as much as I talk about it I still love Goozex. It still saves me money.

But introducing a crap load of points into the system for people to buy with money, not games isn't going to help.

LOL, Goozex printing themselves some money again and devaluing their "currency". I just got rid of my last few hundred points and won't be using that site anymore. I'd hate to have a ton of points in my account when the whole thing eventually collapses.

[quote name='fxu']Worst possible name for an online store.

Every time I read goozex.com, I think of goat sex :\[/QUOTE]

It's a shortened version of "Goods Exchange." But "goodsexchange.com" didn't really have that ring to it (depending on where you put your spaces :lol:).

On the "taking points out of the system" side of things, like someone already said, they do offer the Exchange, where people can buy new games at inflated price points, and they only offer that for short periods of time, because it seems no matter how inflated the values seem to get, folks keep buying them up like crazy.

On another note though ... those points have to come from SOMEWHERE, right? No one complains about new games coming into the system, but those games have to be paid for with points, and it's not like the site started with two guys each with a million points and those million points gradually spread throughout the bustling trading community that we see today.

[quote name='Aleman']LOL, Goozex printing themselves some money again and devaluing their "currency". I just got rid of my last few hundred points and won't be using that site anymore. I'd hate to have a ton of points in my account when the whole thing eventually collapses.[/QUOTE]

Goozex isn't devaluing themselves that much... I've been using the system for a few years now and have had no problems with it. They have accounts they use to remove points from the system. You know all those games you send to goozex if a trade goes bad? Well they send them back into the market using some of their Goozex admin accounts. I've done one trade like that with Blackcoyote. He's a goozex team member who has over 1000 sends and receives. They also allow you to buy stuff now which completely wipes out those points from the economy.

Don't think they are dumb and just try to cash in on some actual points. They are smart entrepreneurs and I commend them for making a continuously successful site using their own currency.

Goozex is fine as long as there are a good amount of games you want. In fact I just got matched and have a complete Super Mario Galaxy coming in the mail.

A few of my last matches

Atelier Annie: Alchemists of Sera Island
Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete (2-Disc Edition)
Fallout 3 -- Game Add-On Pack: The Pitt and Operation: Anchorage
Breath of Fire III (PSP)
Dragon Warrior VII
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Infamous

I'm tempted on the trade tokens. Just ran out and I have 4500 points in my account atm.

Hmmmmmmmm. Tempted to buy a 2000 point pack and grab 360 copies of Borderlands, Red Faction Guerrilla (Disc only unfortunately), Halo 3 ODST and Prototype. It'd be about $13 each which isn't bad, but I barely play most console games so dumping $50 for a bunch of them might not be a good idea. Especially since I'm not sure I could wrangle a local buddy for Borderlands and ODST co-op.

Still, good deal.

I have 2700 points and nothing I want is in. I managed to get a few 100 point DVDs...but meh, I could have got them for $3 on eBay. I'm not only trading high point HD DVDs and a few DVD only movies. Getting Blu-rays is next to impossible and new games are tough to. 1000 points for Bayonetta when its $30 new? WTF?

[quote name='guyver2077']i like goozex too.. but it feels like it will take forever to get new releases..[/QUOTE]

The trick is to add the game as quick as possible when they update the site. I received many of major release games within 1-3 months. I think I add too many new releases on my request list. I can easily drain about 5000 -7000 points within a week or two just on recent release titles. I think it's going out of control that I have to put some games on waiting list because I can't beat them fast enough.

I guess I'll pick up some points from this deal. I guess getting a popular high price game for $26(points+ trade token) is not a bad deal if someone actually send out the game.

I traded a few games and received a few but I don't see the overall appeal of the site.. You can find the same things on eBay with real money

[quote name='guyver2077']i like goozex too.. but it feels like it will take forever to get new releases..[/QUOTE]

You just need to add them to your on hold queue early. I've had no problem getting newer games, including RDR, Split/Second or any other game that I've had the forethought to add in. Goozex rewards the patient gamer, not someone who decides they want a game and then expect to get it immediately after they add it to their queue. The only time I've had long waits are for niche titles or if I added a new game to my queue after its been out for a week.

I'm not sure why it takes you guys forever to get games, I usually get the AAA titles I want within a month or so of release. You just have to get in line the first day and your all set. Here is a copy of my games received just this year so far:
June 20, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Red Dead Redemption
June 14, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Forza Motorsport
3 June 01, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Raiden IV
May 27, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Borderlands: Double Game Add-On Pack
May 22, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Tales of Vesperia
May 10, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Rock Band 2
May 09, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Disgaea 3: Absence of Justice
May 09, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Beautiful Katamari
April 29, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Heavy Rain
April 21, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
God of War III
April 20, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Final Fantasy XIII
March 25, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Valkyria Chronicles
March 15, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Borderlands
March 11, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Heavenly Sword
March 08, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection
March 01, 2010
icolistplatform42.gif
New Super Mario Bros.
February 19, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Mass Effect 2
February 11, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
January 31, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
January 29, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Bayonetta
January 28, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Resistance: Fall of Man
January 26, 2010
icolistplatform42.gif
Mystery P.I.: Portrait of a Thief
January 23, 2010
icolistplatform47.gif
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
January 20, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Left 4 Dead
January 19, 2010
icolistplatform31.gif
Okami
January 16, 2010
icolistplatform45.gif
Assassin's Creed

As you can see just this year I've gotten, Red Dead Redemption, Heavy Rain, God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Mass Effect 2, & Bayonetta all with in a month of release date, plus a ton of other great games. You just have to put some effort into getting in line early.

thanks but I'm sitting on 17,500 pts and 6 current trade tokens already, all I need is a sale on goozex tokens alone

[quote name='CaoPi']thanks but I'm sitting on 17,500 pts and 6 current trade tokens already, all I need is a sale on goozex tokens alone[/QUOTE]

One of the deals is 33% off 50 tokens. That's a bit much for me, but if you've got 17,500 points, it might not be a bad idea.

How much worse is the shipping out of decent games? The last time it had a sale i bought some and ended up using it on junk games cause it rarely shipped out decent stuff for like 6 months. It is so hard to pull the trigger cause it takes forever to fulfill the orders. Then you had the select few that actually never ship it or take weeks to ship it..

[quote name='hellhunde']You just need to add them to your on hold queue early. I've had no problem getting newer games, including RDR, Split/Second or any other game that I've had the forethought to add in. Goozex rewards the patient gamer, not someone who decides they want a game and then expect to get it immediately after they add it to their queue. The only time I've had long waits are for niche titles or if I added a new game to my queue after its been out for a week.[/QUOTE]

Well with how the games drop in price so fast retail in a month or more the value of the game can drop badly. Do they update a lower price in queue if that happens? The game prices are so cheap for awhile now even on month or 2 old games that rock.

I think i will pass just cause i find way better deals on cag for new versions of the games most times now. Thanks CAG!

Yeah, we have these discussions every time, but goozex still seems to be doing alright. I've gotten lots of games from Goozex. I haven't gotten many recently, but that's because there've been such ridiculous deals on pre-orders of new games from Gamestop and Amazon and such, that I've been getting a lot of games that way for cheap, and building a backlog.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Well with how the games drop in price so fast retail in a month or more the value of the game can drop badly. Do they update a lower price in queue if that happens? The game prices are so cheap for awhile now even on month or 2 old games that rock.

I think i will pass just cause i find way better deals on cag for new versions of the games most times now. Thanks CAG![/QUOTE]

I'm not sure about the 360 side, but PS3 games hold their value very well on Goozex. The only problem is that it seems that they trade slower than the 360 versions of the game.

I actually use the site as a rental service. I get a game in the mail. I beat it and then send it back out and get all of my points back 95% of the time. This mean I just need to pay for a token and the shipping back out. This makes it much cheaper than renting it from a video store, or Gamefly.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']How much worse is the shipping out of decent games? The last time it had a sale i bought some and ended up using it on junk games cause it rarely shipped out decent stuff for like 6 months. It is so hard to pull the trigger cause it takes forever to fulfill the orders. Then you had the select few that actually never ship it or take weeks to ship it..[/QUOTE]

You need to realize it's not goozex that fulfills your orders, but actual people. I wouldn't even call them orders.

Goozex the site just matches people to make a trade. How long it takes depends on supply of the game and how far behind you are in line.

goozex is a great match for people getting into a new system. I got an xbox 360 arcade at the Target sale and within 6 hours had the following hits on goozex:

1) NHL 09
2) Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
3) Fallout 3
4) Red Faction
5) Prince of Persia

All stuff most people probably have (I know this because there are several offers for most of these) but a pretty cheap way to start a library fast. I did stop using goozex for about 6 months after super mario kart sat on my request queue for a long time, but if you just pay attention to supply/demand it can be a great service.

So, my chances of getting two new games that are worth 1000 points if I buy this are slim to none? I would totally jump on this if I could, but I've never used Goozex... For example, getting RDR and ModNation Racers, each are 1000 points, for $52.50 is a steal, even if it's disk only.

[quote name='fldash']So, my chances of getting two new games that are worth 1000 points if I buy this are slim to none? I would totally jump on this if I could, but I've never used Goozex... For example, getting RDR and ModNation Racers, each are 1000 points, for $52.50 is a steal, even if it's disk only.[/QUOTE]

disc only, you have very high chances to get the trade accepted in 1-3 weeks. Especially this month as there is a larger churn than usual with ps3 titles due to the pointage bonus.

I use Goozex to find games I can't get locally.

I managed to get a copies of Demon's Souls Limited Edition, Klonoa 2, and so many other hard to find games so I'm happy as a clam with the site. Not every game I get is a gem but I'm paying next to nothing to use the service.

The key is patience. Ebay and CAG are there to get games right away for cash money. Goozex is the way to turn crap into gold if you don't mind a wait. There's no reason you can't use many different services to scratch your gaming itch.

[quote name='fldash']So, my chances of getting two new games that are worth 1000 points if I buy this are slim to none? I would totally jump on this if I could, but I've never used Goozex... For example, getting RDR and ModNation Racers, each are 1000 points, for $52.50 is a steal, even if it's disk only.[/QUOTE]

actually i just checked n it seems it be easier to get disc n manual-

mod nation racers has only been treded 11 times-n rdr 50 for the ps3-
so maybe to play it safe id say the wait would be a month n 1/2 or 2 months-sale may not be good for these games-

you need to request the game as soon as the game is released to get way ahead of line-so for future releases n 1 player games its a good deal as people pass the game n trade it right away-to get more points

[quote name='youenvy']actually i just checked n it seems it be easier to get disc n manual-
[/QUOTE]

If you request disc and manual, you'll still be behind all of the disc only people in the queue.

[quote name='tooshorty6432168']If you request disc and manual, you'll still be behind all of the disc only people in the queue.[/QUOTE]

Very true. Disc only is the fastest way to get a game.

bread's done
Back