Goozex and Other Region Games - a tale of two continents

oxidative

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
I'm kinda irked by Goozex right now and want your opinion.

I requested Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time for the DS. Upon receipt, I noticed it was the European release of this video game. That's not exactly what I wanted. I requested the North American release as far as I was concerned.

I left neutral feedback, received wrong game, with an explanation. Today, I get an e-mail from [email protected]:

Dear Goozex member,

Please be aware that DS games do not have regional restrictions on them
and UK versions of games work properly in the US DS console.

I sent back this e-mail:
To Whom It May Concern:

I am aware that UK DS games work with a USA DS console. Regardless, I did not request a UK game. The picture for the Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time DS game clearly shows the US version of the game. The description for the game on Goozex.com describes the North American version of this game (http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/itemdetail.asp?item=13692). Attached is a picture of the listing as it is currently.

While I may be able to play this game, I do not feel comfortable trading it back to the Goozex community. I would feel dishonest trading a game I know is different that what is requested. All games that I have received from Goozex and finished have been traded back to the Goozex community. Furthermore, as an alternative to sending the wrong game to a Goozex member, I cannot trade this to my local gaming store as it is not a North American release video game.

I would be happy to return this game to *user name withheld for anonymity* as his, or Goozex's, expense. I also ask that my feedback be changed back to Neutral. I did not leave positive feedback and I am appalled that Goozex would alter a user's feedback, especially before hearing both parties involved.

Additionally, if I cannot rely on the information contained within the Goozex listings for games then I am afraid I will be unable to continue using Goozex.com for my video game trading.

Thank you for your time and I hope that this situation is resolved promptly and fairly.

While the thought of playing Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time in Italian is appealing, I do not view this as a positive transaction. I have been using Goozex since early June, based on Cheapy talking it up on the CAGcast, and have been incredibly pleased. Now I'm sad :(

lame

I'm sure several of you are just dieing for an update.

I just received a canned e-mail from Goozex informing me that my trade has been refunded.

[quote name='Goozex.com']
Trade refunded: re-activate your request
Dear [Me],

This email confirms that Goozex has refunded your account for the following transaction:

* Game: "Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time" (platform: Nintendo DS)
* Points used: 450
* Trade credits used: 0
* Traded on: 07/30/2007 - Feedback reported on: 08/08/2007
* Mailed to you by: [identity withheld to CAGs]

You have reported this trade as "Positive - The game I have received plays perfectly, and the condition is as I requested or better". In accordance with our Goozex Guarantee Policy we have credited back 450 Goozex points and 0 trade credit, which we hope you will use for another request.

This game has been added back to your Request list in the same queue position it was before, in "on hold" state. If you activate it, you will receive the next available copy of the game. Otherwise, you can just cancel the request if you do not wish to receive the game any longer.

We want to ensure a fun, safe and fair trading environment for all our users and it is every user's responsibility to make this happen. For that purpose we have made a note of the outcome of this transaction, as we monitor all trading activities and feedback reported by users.

Thanks for your understanding and Happy Trading!

Sincerely,
- The Goozex Team -
[/quote]

I like how the transaction feedback is still positive.

Thank you to Goozex for refunding my points. It's the right thing to do in my opinion. Hopefully they'll provide some means for me to return this game if that is what is necessary. It's definitely not my goal to fuck with anyone.

We shall see what else happens.

same thing happen to me with battles of prince of persia. BUT it was only a 100 pt game so im not going to #$#$# about it.

maybe i show it off to people who come over

me: LOOK I GOT A UK GAME

Everyone : OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

lol

You two received it from the SAME user - in fact, I'm trading with him now! But it's a Japanese-only game so he can't possibly screw that up unless it's a bootleg, which the user has told me before it's an original. We'll see.

It's very interesting how his feedback looks - two positives with "As requested or better" and two comments noting receipt of UK/European versions.

slidecage - if I may quote you, I believe your comment illustrates wonderfully the descrepancy in his feedback.

POSITIVE - The game I received plays perfectly, and the condition is as I requested or better.
COMMENT - uk version of the game no use for so tossed it in trash

:lol: It's funny to see those side-by-side.

It would have been more appropriate to change the positive feedback to the second option - arrived but not in the condition I expected.

slidecage, your feedback is hilarious. sorry you got stuck with a Euro game as well. 450 pts was a little much for me too let slide.

Good luck Caliburn. Hopefully your game is what you are expecting!

It's nice that Goozex leaves the comments but I wish they wouldn't change the feedback to positive when it is clearly not deserved.

Im getting interviewed on the goozcast tonight. This is one question I am asking them, I am curious to see the official stance on this topic. Any other questions you guys want me to try asking?

[quote name='magiic']Im getting interviewed on the goozcast tonight. This is one question I am asking them, I am curious to see the official stance on this topic. Any other questions you guys want me to try asking?[/quote]
How about their stance on traders who agree to send a full packaged game, but send only the cart/disc? That's a significant descrepancy from what was agreed to send, and receiving only a neutral feedback is not enough to deter most 'sellers' from repeating it. While it's true that they don't receive feedback points and hence an increased queue, I think something that would send a clearer message to sellers who send incomplete copies the most will be a scaled down point system - a certain percentage deduction if the game is missing the box or instructions.

I know team Goozex has said in the past that it's the game that counts, but in many cases, the missing contents devalue the actual worth of the game and that 500 point game seems more deserving of a 250/300 point valuation. A system that prevents abuse would have to be set in place too, to stop everyone from marking all trades as disc only, but I think that's area best left to Goozex.

[quote name='Caliburn']How about their stance on traders who agree to send a full packaged game, but send only the cart/disc? That's a significant descrepancy from what was agreed to send, and receiving only a neutral feedback is not enough to deter most 'sellers' from repeating it. While it's true that they don't receive feedback points and hence an increased queue, I think something that would send a clearer message to sellers who send incomplete copies the most will be a scaled down point system - a certain percentage deduction if the game is missing the box or instructions.

I know team Goozex has said in the past that it's the game that counts, but in many cases, the missing contents devalue the actual worth of the game and that 500 point game seems more deserving of a 250/300 point valuation. A system that prevents abuse would have to be set in place too, to stop everyone from marking all trades as disc only, but I think that's area best left to Goozex.[/quote]

Haha conveniently enough that is already the first question on my list :)

[quote name='magiic']Haha conveniently enough that is already the first question on my list :)[/quote]

Great minds think alike - but honestly that's been on the top of many traders' thoughts for quite some time.

[quote name='rickonker']WTF they changed your feedback? I don't think even ebay does that.[/QUOTE]

Yup. They changed it from Neutral to Positive. eBay will not change feedback afaik.

[quote name='oxidative']Yup. They changed it from Neutral to Positive. eBay will not change feedback afaik.[/QUOTE]
Combined with the other thread this is just more of a reason to be wary of Goozex.

yeah i dont like how they deal with problems. they have a half-assed solution for them. and they get away with it because everybody likes them.

I only just recently signed up for Goozex, but I think I only registered for the PS3 contest, since all it said I had to do was complete and verify my registration.

As far as game trading goes, if I want a specific game, I'll stick to trading here on CAG, where usually no money or points has to change hands for me to get a game I want.

Thanks to Pookymeister and brianmoy for trading me for games I wanted but couldn't find anymore(Rygar and Treasures Of The Deep respectively).

bread's done
Back