Goozex App for Android

smoger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey all,

Wasn't sure where else to post this, so I hope it's appropriate. If not, feel free to delete.

Over the past few weeks I've been working on an Android app for Goozex, and today I released the initial version to the Android market.

What the app allows you to do is have easy access to your offers/requests, and an easy way to search for individual games(by keyword or barcode scan)

For each game you can see detailed info including(but not limited to) the game's point value(and USD equivalent), user ratings, and comparison shopping(currently supports Amazon, other retailers in future updates). You can also add the game to your requests/offers, or email the game's info to yourself or someone else for later review.

I figured my fellow CAG's might find this useful in the hunt for flippable games and great deals. I actually developed this because I had a habit of spending 20 min or more in stores searching for games on the Goozex website whenever I found clearance stuff. If you've done the same you know that's a hassle with the built in browser.

Anyway, give it a shot and let me know what you think. Like I said, there's a lot more coming as the app evolves, and im very open to suggestions (and bug reports!)

Search the market for "Pocket Goozex" or scan:
chart

Thanks for reading!

pocketGoozex-2.png
pocketGoozex-6.png

Gave it a whirl on my Droid (2.0.1) and it looks good. When it shows the requests on a game, is that the number of people in line in total OR does it remove the people who have it on hold or that are 'not ready to trade'?

Also, how secure is it to put in your login and pw with this app?

[quote name='QiG']Gave it a whirl on my Droid (2.0.1) and it looks good. When it shows the requests on a game, is that the number of people in line in total OR does it remove the people who have it on hold or that are 'not ready to trade'?[/quote]

It *should* be the number of requests, including restricted but not including on hold. Unfortunately, the data that their API server returns is not 100% when compared to the data the website returns. I assume one of them is displaying cached data, but I don't know which is more accurate. It seems to always be within a few of each other.. so it's pretty safe to assume it's a decent estimate,..just not rock solid #'s. They indicated to me when I started this that the API may be changing soon so hopefully the numbers will sync better then.

Also, how secure is it to put in your login and pw with this app?

It's no less secure than visiting their site on your browser and entering your password. Also, it's your toolbox token that you're entering as opposed to the password itself... it only allows you to view your data, not alter it. So I suppose if someone at your cell carrier was actually sniffing internet traffic for Goozex toolbox logins, they would have easy access to see what you're trading, which could also be accomplished by visiting the site.

If you use the options within the app to add games to your queues, it has to accomplish that through a web session, for that exact reason.

bread's done
Back