Goozex - Free 200pts & 2 Trade Tokens GiftCard w/Gamefly Trial (after 72 hours)

hypertails02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
I got an e-mail shortly after I joined Goozex during the 50% off Gift Card promotion.

Sign-up for a Gamefly trial by clicking the link below, USE THE SAME E-MAIL YOU USE FOR GOOZEX, and within 72 hours, you'll receieve an e-mail with a gift card code for 200 points and 2 trade tokens!

http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/gogamefly.asp

I just got the gift card e-mail, so I'd figure I'd share it with the CAG world.

Notes:

• YOU DO NOT NEED TO ADD ANY GAMES TO THE "Q" for this promotion to work!
  • As long as you follow the above link, you will get an e-mail from Goozex after 72 hours. However, there will be NO MENTION OF GOOZEX anywhere during the Gamefly trial sign-up.
  • Worst case scenario, if you sign up and don't receive an e-mail within a week at maximum, cancel your trial.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trying out some games and then getting some creds to actually get some games I don't see how this possibly could get even better, they aren't still giving away a console of your choice are they? Thanks a bundle OP!

So can you sign up for the Gamefly trial and cancel it before it's up, which means this costs you nothing? If so, then this deal rules.

Just signed up, but it didn't mention goozex anywhere else during the sign up.

How long does it take for the email to be sent out OP?

[quote name='bigcheese']So can you sign up for the Gamefly trial and cancel it before it's up, which means this costs you nothing? If so, then this deal rules.[/QUOTE]
Yes! You get an e-mail for a gift card within 72 hours. Worked like a charm for me. I didn't even add anything in my Gamefly Queue, never touched the account and yet I still got that e-mail.

[quote name='D Skylark']Just signed up, but it didn't mention goozex anywhere else during the sign up.

How long does it take for the email to be sent out OP?[/QUOTE]
No, there's no mention of Goozex during sign-up. As long as you sign up to Gamefly via the link in the OP above (it's an Affiliate link), you will get an e-mail for a gift card after a few days. As soon as you get that Goozex e-mail, you can cancel Gamefly. I did this without any issue, which is why I'm sharing it with CAG.

Might have to give this a try, but I had a gamefly trial years ago and have never been able to get another free trial since...any advice on this? I just ran out of trade tokens and I can't afford $50 to get the 100 token gift card (and I don't know if I would be able to use them, getting increasingly dissappointed with goozex).

Might try a friend's address (they will never play games)

Edit: Looks like I'll have to change my goozex mailing address to my friend's house first, to have a chance of it working...

[quote name='hypertails02']

No, there's no mention of Goozex during sign-up. As long as you sign up to Gamefly via the link in the OP above (it's an Affiliate link), you will get an e-mail for a gift card after a few days. As soon as you get that Goozex e-mail, you can cancel Gamefly. I did this without any issue, which is why I'm sharing it with CAG.[/QUOTE]

Okay. I thought I'd at least try out White Knight Chronicles for the next week since I had the option lol. Thanks OP for posting this!

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']signed up, maybe i can get one or two of the games i added to my q, if not atleast i get 200 goozex points and 2 trade tokens.[/QUOTE]
I did absolutly nothing to my Gamefly account and I still got the e-mail in a few days. If you signed up today, maybe expect an e-mail from Goozex Wed. or Thurs.

I clicked the link and it says its a 15 day free trial but when you click on start now the only options are 40% off my first month or a ten day free trial with magazine bonus.

so is goozex pretty reliable?
all you do is make a list of the games you want...bid on them...then a seller with the game sends you it?

[quote name='josh62488']so is goozex pretty reliable?
all you do is make a list of the games you want...bid on them...then a seller with the game sends you it?[/QUOTE]

goozex is very reliable. you trade your games for points (or in this case get free points) then you request a game you want, if it is available from someone right away you will be matched, if it has a high demand you will get in line for it.

Primary Shipping Center: Pittsburgh.

fuck... that's why I really didn't like Gamefly.

They need a Chicago area. :(

Well it's going to take probably 5 days to get maybe 1 game, and another 7 days to get the other. :(

[quote name='DAWG26']Signed up for gamefly on Sunday and still no points. Am I being impatient?[/QUOTE]
You may get something Wed. or Thurs., or even Fri. for that matter if the company was closed on "President's Day" yesterday.

Basically if you don't get any e-mails from Goozex by the end of the week, then it might have not worked and you can cancel gamefly.

i havnt gotten any email yet either. my games shipped monday. signed up sunday i believe. oh well i get to play new super mario bros. wii

Hmm...sorry you guys aren't getting the e-mails.
I know I signed up on a weekend and got my Goozex e-mail within the middle of the week.

I wonder, to those of you that are new to Goozex...have you even registered a username and password? I don't know if that affects your chances of getting the gift certificate. I can tell you that I signed up for Goozex during the 50% off points promotion (already ended), so I had a username and password BEFORE signing on to the Gamefly trial. Also, have you listed the identical e-mail for both Goozex and Gamefly? At least for those of you who want to try Gamefly, you guys are renting games. Just make sure to cancel before those 15 days so you're not charged!

If I see that you guys aren't getting any e-mails by next week, I'll have to lock this thread, since this doesn't seem to be helping you guys very much. Sorry. :(

No email either. Yeah I used the same email address as my goozex email.

And the worst part is I'm enjoying White Knight Chronicles. haha I might have to keep the game a little longer off the trial and pay for a month because I don't want to wait for goozex (currently 224). haha

[quote name='hypertails02']Hmm...sorry you guys aren't getting the e-mails.
I know I signed up on a weekend and got my Goozex e-mail within the middle of the week.

I wonder, to those of you that are new to Goozex...have you even registered a username and password? I don't know if that affects your chances of getting the gift certificate. I can tell you that I signed up for Goozex during the 50% off points promotion (already ended), so I had a username and password BEFORE signing on to the Gamefly trial. Also, have you listed the identical e-mail for both Goozex and Gamefly? At least for those of you who want to try Gamefly, you guys are renting games. Just make sure to cancel before those 15 days so you're not charged!

If I see that you guys aren't getting any e-mails by next week, I'll have to lock this thread, since this doesn't seem to be helping you guys very much. Sorry. :([/QUOTE]

I was log-in at goozex when I clicked on the link for the promo and I still have not received the points. Signed up on 2-13-10.

i emailed gamefly about this, and they got me my giftcard, so if you didnt recieve yours you should contact gamefly's customer support. took them 2-3 days to get my giftcard

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i emailed gamefly about this, and they got me my giftcard, so if you didnt recieve yours you should contact gamefly's customer support. took them 2-3 days to get my giftcard[/QUOTE]
Sounds like a plan. Go guys!

I signed up two Thursdays ago, and rec'd my Goozex GC on the Friday after. So it only took a day for me to get an email. I wonder what's taking so long now?

I already had a free trial before so I don't think I can get in on this offer. I told my brother about it and he tried to sign up, but it refused his card. Then he tried again thinking he misspelled something and it locked his account. So I guess he's out too.

I got my email with the goozex code about 12 hours after I signed up for Gamefly.

Anybody else still having a problem with this or has it been fixed?

I have a couple of questions. First of all, I signed up already and got the email for the points so that's all good. What I wanna know is if I cancel my trial before the 15 days are up do I have to send in the games they sent me before I finish up my trial or can I send them after? If the games get to them after my free trial is up, will they charge me? Also I don't know if you guys noticed this when you guys signed up but when I signed up for gamefly, my online bank account had a $20 transaction pending for gamefly, this was a few days ago and now I got my first game from them and the transaction is gone. I thought this was pretty weird. One last Q: is it normal for two games to ship the same day from gamefly but I have only recieved one.

[quote name='urmomlikesme']I have a couple of questions. First of all, I signed up already and got the email for the points so that's all good. What I wanna know is if I cancel my trial before the 15 days are up do I have to send in the games they sent me before I finish up my trial or can I send them after? If the games get to them after my free trial is up, will they charge me? Also I don't know if you guys noticed this when you guys signed up but when I signed up for gamefly, my online bank account had a $20 transaction pending for gamefly, this was a few days ago and now I got my first game from them and the transaction is gone. I thought this was pretty weird. One last Q: is it normal for two games to ship the same day from gamefly but I have only recieved one.[/QUOTE]

i had my games back to them before i canceled. but it told me when i canceled that if they did not receive the games in 7 days i would be charged the full retail price of the games.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']i had my games back to them before i canceled. but it told me when i canceled that if they did not receive the games in 7 days i would be charged the full retail price of the games.[/QUOTE]

Okay thanks for the help. I'm just gonna keep the two games til the last day of the trial. It should get to them within the 7 days. I was about to buy bioshock 2 and darksiders but a free rental for both of them + 200 goozex points sounds alot better. it's like they're paying me to play video games.

[quote name='DeadAsWarhol']do you have to call to cancel the gamefly trial or can you do it all online?[/QUOTE]
Can do this all online. There should be a link in your Account Settings.
Just a warning, gamefly will try to entice you with several pages of offers and discounts. Just keep hitting the "No, Thanks" buttons and you should be fine.

swank. i picked the 10-day trial with that magazine offer. i assume that still applies? the only other options weren't trials

[quote name='DeadAsWarhol']swank. i picked the 10-day trial with that magazine offer. i assume that still applies? the only other options weren't trials[/QUOTE]

when you use the link you are already set up for the 2 at a time trial. if you change it to a different trial you may not get your points. im not sure but you may want to ask gamefly

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']when you use the link you are already set up for the 2 at a time trial. if you change it to a different trial you may not get your points. im not sure but you may want to ask gamefly[/QUOTE]
I requested to change it to 1 disc but said it wouldn't allow me until the 15 days were up

bread's done
Back