Goozex game trading site - New coupon for free games and other news

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Follandboy']If you havent tried this site yet, here is my success from the past few weeks.

I traded:

Super Black Bass DS 300pts
Prince Of Persia DS 300pts
Dragon Ball Z DS 400pts
Mario Golf GC disc only 250pts
Guilty Gear DS 400pts
I already had 100pts for signing up saved

I received:
Resident Evil GC complete 100 pts
Shadow the Hedgehog GC complete 200pts
Star Wars Episode 3 DS complete 200pts
Ridge Racer DS complete 100pts
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue complete 550pts
Spiderman 2 DS complete 100pts
Pokemon Saphire GBA cart 200pts
Super Monkey Ball GBA cart 100pts

I'd say I did not make out too bad.[/QUOTE]

was sort of shocked to see someone list that pokemon blue already. I had it listed under mine but thought it take months for someone to list it so i removed it and just got it from BB

this is why i hope to be one of the first people in line for FF 12. I think so many people are going to buy it , it will be very heavy traded on the site (hopefullY)

o and there should be warnings before games go up in vaule ... I had a firefighter game i think was 100 or 200 pts. I check last night and it jumped to like 700 or 800. i would been pissed if it matched at 700 pts.

and to hear ric yea im up to 6300 pts now LOL

hopefully some rpg games will be listed soon

[quote name='icruise']Anybody want to buy mine? :)

I would put mine up, but (aside from the fact that it looks like there are at least 2 ahead of me) I wouldn't want anyone to request it thinking that it was the full game.[/QUOTE]

No, but you should put up more DS games, since you seem to be shipping them to me :D

Dave

[quote name='MightySlacker']No, but you should put up more DS games, since you seem to be shipping them to me :D

Dave[/QUOTE]
Heheh. I shipped one to you yesterday.

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give a heads up to the December issue of PCGamer. The interview I did for them about a month ago has been published!

What I really want to do is thank everyone here who joined us and believed in our service. You guys are awesome! You also helped get that article published by actively trading. A lot of credit goes to CAGers. The rest goes to the other members from around the web. We are going to get more articles published and everyone here deserves a shout out.

Thanks!
Jon, Mark & Val

[quote name='Goozex']Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to give a heads up to the December issue of PCGamer. The interview I did for them about a month ago has been published!

What I really want to do is thank everyone here who joined us and believed in our service. You guys are awesome! You also helped get that article published by actively trading. A lot of credit goes to CAGers. The rest goes to the other members from around the web. We are going to get more articles published and everyone here deserves a shout out.

Thanks!
Jon, Mark & Val[/quote]

why the hell r u in PCGamer? isn't that for PCs? which isn't even on the site? lol

I could use more points too, anyone interested in a non-gh mint full package blitz: the league for ps2? you get to take drugs and whatnot ;)

[quote name='RaPtOrsIII']why the hell r u in PCGamer? isn't that for PCs? which isn't even on the site? lol[/quote]

If there's one thing I've learned...things move real fast in Goozex...

Hopefully, we can offer PC games soon. PCGamer was interested in the idea of trading PC games...and we have seriously considered it since we launched. The milestone we wanted to hit before we take that step is create a PM service so users can really resolve disputes b/w themselves.

Lots of things are happening on Goozex and I had to keep quiet about PC games b/c of competition.

[quote name='Technique']I can imagine PC Game trading getting real sketchy, as in used cd keys, etc.[/quote]

Yes, that is always a concern for any trade. We hope users can use the PM to their advantage and as a last resort report negative feedback. The 100% guarantee will still stand.

That said, we trust our users and as the site becomes more member driven, I expect it to be self-regulated. Sort of like the Digg concept.

[quote name='Goozex']If there's one thing I've learned...things move real fast in Goozex...

Hopefully, we can offer PC games soon. PCGamer was interested in the idea of trading PC games...and we have seriously considered it since we launched. The milestone we wanted to hit before we take that step is create a PM service so users can really resolve disputes b/w themselves.

Lots of things are happening on Goozex and I had to keep quiet about PC games b/c of competition.[/quote]

The problem with PC games is that most of them these days have one-time use codes to play online or register the games. Then there's the issue of what makes a PC game complete. Just the plastic cd case and instructions or does the cardboard box need to be included? What about maps and other random paperwork many PC games come with?

If you really want to branch out the site some more, I'd love to see you add DVD movies to the site. Since most video game stores sell DVDs and they can be played on Xbox/PS2/etc. it seems to make sense...and I gaurantee you there's a lot more interest in trading DVDs there there is in trading PC games. I've got about 100 DVDs listed on Switchdiscs.com that I'd list on Goozex if the point values were accurate (i.e. I'm not giving up my season box sets for 100 points). Plus, offering DVDs would open the site up to a whole new customer base, the non-gamer.

I got two private messages today that make me think Goozex really needs a way for senders to cancel trades. Too many people agree to a trade before checking to make sure they still have the game or that they listed it correctly.

"subject: You don't know Jack
message: I have a big problem. I'm really sorry, But I went to get the game to package for shipment and the discs were not in the case. We recently moved and I don't know if my little girl got a hold of them or what. But I can't make the shipment right now until I figure out were the discs went. I really don't want a negative transaction if it can be avoided. Would you be willing to accept another game I have instead? If yes I will list what I have. If no than I guess you have to check off "GAME NOT RECEIVED". Again I'm really sorry for this. I'll understand if you don't want another game. Please reply ASAP. Thanks"

"subject: Planet of the Apes
message: Hi, I just accepted your request for Planet of the Apes. When I went to print the shipping label, I realized that listed the game as having the full package. Unfortunately, I only have the Planet of the Apes cartridge. If this is fine with you I'll just ship out the game tomorrow. If not, let me know and we can cancel the transaction. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

I'll probably have to report both of those games as "lost in mail" or "damaged" since there's no way to cancel trades. I asked the Planet of the Apes sender not to send the game. If the other guy can't find You Don't Know Jack, I probably won't have him send me anything either unless he has another game on my wantlist. Both of them already committed to send and are locked in with no way to cancel, which sucks for all of us.

My one other complain is that I can only have 100 games in my wantlist. There are so many games I want, I find myself deleting several games every day to add other games to my wantlist. When the Wii comes out, there will be about 30 games coming out in the first couple months and I pretty much want them all. I need a bigger wantlist. :(

[quote name='Rictor']I got two private messages today that make me think Goozex really needs a way for senders to cancel trades. Too many people agree to a trade before checking to make sure they still have the game or that they listed it correctly.

message: I have a big problem. I'm really sorry, But I went to get the game to package for shipment and the discs were not in the case. We recently moved and I don't know if my little girl got a hold of them or what. But I can't make the shipment right now until I figure out were the discs went. I really don't want a negative transaction if it can be avoided. Would you be willing to accept another game I have instead? If yes I will list what I have. If no than I guess you have to check off "GAME NOT RECEIVED". Again I'm really sorry for this. I'll understand if you don't want another game. Please reply ASAP. Thanks"

message: Hi, I just accepted your request for Planet of the Apes. When I went to print the shipping label, I realized that listed the game as having the full package. Unfortunately, I only have the Planet of the Apes cartridge. If this is fine with you I'll just ship out the game tomorrow. If not, let me know and we can cancel the transaction. Sorry for the inconvenience!"

I'll probably have to report both of those games as "lost in mail" or "damaged" since there's no way to cancel trades. I asked the Planet of the Apes sender not to send the game. If the other guy can't find You Don't Know Jack, I probably won't have him send me anything either unless he has another game on my wantlist. Both of them already committed to send and are locked in with no way to cancel, which sucks for all of us.

My one other complain is that I can only have 100 games in my wantlist. There are so many games I want, I find myself deleting several games every day to add other games to my wantlist. When the Wii comes out, there will be about 30 games coming out in the first couple months and I pretty much want them all. I need a bigger wantlist. :([/QUOTE]

very good point. The site does need a way to cancell the trades in case something comes up.

also what happens if this happen (never happen to me yet but asking now)

You request say a ps1 game (dont think ps2 games would have this problem ?) and you have the game wanted as complete.

you get the game. manual and case BUT The case is destoryed or broken all to hell.

i think the only feedback is broken game isnt it. so how would that work since they did send you all of it

[quote name='slidecage']very good point. The site does need a way to cancell the trades in case something comes up.

also what happens if this happen (never happen to me yet but asking now)

You request say a ps1 game (dont think ps2 games would have this problem ?) and you have the game wanted as complete.

you get the game. manual and case BUT The case is destoryed or broken all to hell.

i think the only feedback is broken game isnt it. so how would that work since they did send you all of it[/quote]

Empty cd cases cost around 5-10 cents each...as long as you got the art/manual just pop it out and put it in a new case...I don't think a cracked jewel case is a reason to leave negative feedback. They aren't actually worth anything and are easy to replace. I buy mine at Big Lots...but you can find them cheap online too. Also, if you grab those free AOL cds or other free cds when you see them, you can use those jewel cases for games. PSX games don't use a special case like PS2 games do...they use a standard CD jewel case.

eeek...
Rictor has too many good points. And this is why our site is going to only get better...thanks for your input too Slidecage
1. Why PC Games? This is something we wanted to do for a long time. Yes, there will be what is full package issue and really imho it should be Case, Disc(s), Manuals. Not the original box unless the shipper is really kind enough to do this.
2. Why PC Games and not DVDs or other? Easy. We're gamers and we got to get the game trading down right before we move on. We also have to be careful where we move onto...Though 100 point Box Sets does sound appealing...
3. Fix the Cancel Trade problem. Yes, good idea and we know about it. We recently have hit some project management stumbling blocks and our list of things to do have been pushed back.
4. Expand Feedback system to work better. Yes, and again that's coming soon.
5. Expand request/library list...I think that can be done fairly quickly...need to send that through as well.

[quote name='Rictor']Empty cd cases cost around 5-10 cents each...as long as you got the art/manual just pop it out and put it in a new case...I don't think a cracked jewel case is a reason to leave negative feedback. They aren't actually worth anything and are easy to replace. I buy mine at Big Lots...but you can find them cheap online too. Also, if you grab those free AOL cds or other free cds when you see them, you can use those jewel cases for games. PSX games don't use a special case like PS2 games do...they use a standard CD jewel case.[/QUOTE]

bad thing is i dont think AOL will be send out any more disc (though i probally have 100 of them lying in the basement LOL.

how about double cd cases (like for FF7 or grandia ) i just got grandia off ebay for 15 complete but the case is cracked all too hell

thanks ...

i dont really like the idea of DVD trading cause its just too easy to make dvd copies .. I mean best buy is selling a Little box that allows you to override the copyright for 99 bucks. So people could buy a box set copy the dvds and then sell them off .

this is the best trading site to date and probally will be the only trading site i use like this (the other site i been using looks like its about to fold up. They used to have 350 games but now down to 142

[quote name='slidecage']bad thing is i dont think AOL will be send out any more disc (though i probally have 100 of them lying in the basement LOL.

how about double cd cases (like for FF7 or grandia ) i just got grandia off ebay for 15 complete but the case is cracked all too hell

thanks ...

i dont really like the idea of DVD trading cause its just too easy to make dvd copies .. I mean best buy is selling a Little box that allows you to override the copyright for 99 bucks. So people could buy a box set copy the dvds and then sell them off .

this is the best trading site to date and probally will be the only trading site i use like this (the other site i been using looks like its about to fold up. They used to have 350 games but now down to 142[/quote]

Double cd cases...eh, buy some cheap double case sport games or cds from the local game/music shop if having a cracked case bugs you that much. I know the local EB/GS has some double case Dreamcast games on clearance for 50 cents or so. Still, if you get much more anal retentive about jewel case condition you might want to seek a good therapist. Last time I checked you can't actually play a jewel case. :p

I think we all know the difference between an original factory produced DVD and a bootleg. If you received a bootleg DVD, you leave negative feedback and get your points back, just like if you receive a bootleg game. There are a ton of bootleg games floating around Ebay but those aren't a problem for most collectors even though they're a lot harder to spot than a bootleg DVD. A good example is the bootleg Gameboy Advance game I pointed out a while back. Also, bootleg DVDs won't play on older DVD players...even if some one doesn't know it's a bootleg...if they try to play it in a DVD player that doesn't play dvd-r discs, it won't even read it. I know this from personal experience...I record all my tv shows on my DVR downstairs so I can watch them when it's more convenient for me. The burned discs work on my computers, my laptop, my new DVD player in the bedroom, and my DVR, but they don't work in my older DVD player in the guest room or my older portable DVD player that I take camping (didn't realize that until I couldn't play the Smallville disc I took with me last weekend. Had to watch Signs instead).

[quote name='Rictor']I think we all know the difference between an original factory produced DVD and a bootleg. If you received a bootleg DVD, you leave negative feedback and get your points back, just like if you receive a bootleg game.[/QUOTE]
Well, he's saying that he thinks people might copy them, keep the copies for themselves and sell the originals (I think). Still, I don't think that's a big issue. Lots of places sell used CDs and DVDs.

I am the person that agreed to send Rictor Planet of the Apes without realizing that I had listed the game as the "full package". Once I went to print out his address, I noticed my error and looked for a way to cancel out the trade. I couldn't find a way, couldn't find any help in the FAQ, and so I sent him a PM. He only wanted the game if it was the full package, and we would both like the trade to be cancelled. All of this just happened today, so I really don't want to be penalized with a negative feedback for the accidental click of a button. Is there any way for him to get the points back?

Rictor, I wouldn't be opposed to just request one of your 100 point games (and you don't send me it), just so you can get your points back.

I have a problem. One of the games that got requested in my have list I don't even have, I accidently put there. I wasn't able to get on Goozex for like two weeks, and I have recieved negative feedback from the guy. Anyway to get rid of this? It was an accident on my part. I would have notified him but my pc was not working.

Also you said trades are free right? Is that with the envelope you can print out, or do they usually send a bill to your house? How does that work? I am not going to use those ones on Goozex(would hate to recieve a damaged game, so I'm not going to do that to someone else), so I'll pay for the shipping. Can I get extra points or does it normally cost the person to ship it out?

Also do I get my bonus points for the first trade? Right now I got two games going towards people.

[quote name='Rictor']I got two private messages today that make me think Goozex really needs a way for senders to cancel trades. Too many people agree to a trade before checking to make sure they still have the game or that they listed it correctly.

My one other complain is that I can only have 100 games in my wantlist. There are so many games I want, I find myself deleting several games every day to add other games to my wantlist. When the Wii comes out, there will be about 30 games coming out in the first couple months and I pretty much want them all. I need a bigger wantlist. :([/QUOTE]

I'd like to see a popup when you add a game to your library asking what condition it's in. I've added games and had the default come up as complete package. I was able to catch it and change it manually, but could have easily missed that.

Whatch out for this user when he request a game from you,He doesn't give the game time to get to him and leaves negative feedback the user is junior496.

Just a heads up,He also dosen't always send.

Anyone else have a problem with this users?I think he should be banned.

[quote name='erock']I'd like to see a popup when you add a game to your library asking what condition it's in. I've added games and had the default come up as complete package. I was able to catch it and change it manually, but could have easily missed that.[/QUOTE]

condiction can very from person to person though. one scratch someone could still call good shape while another says its junk

By condition, I think he meant whether it is complete, just disc & instructions, or disc only. And I agree that it would be good, because by default it puts you down as having the complete game.

[quote name='slidecage']condiction can very from person to person though. one scratch someone could still call good shape while another says its junk[/QUOTE]

I just meant, disc only....complete package...

[quote name='videogamersportal']Whatch out for this user when he request a game from you,He doesn't give the game time to get to him and leaves negative feedback the user is junior496.

Just a heads up,He also dosen't always send.

Anyone else have a problem with this users?I think he should be banned.[/quote]

It's impossible to report a game as lost in the mail until 10 days have passed. If you haven't got a game to some one in 10 days, then you deserve negative feedback...the post office isn't that slow. I've shipped out about 30 games so far and I use delivery confirmation so I know when they arrive...the games take an average of 3 days to get where they're going...even to the other coast. I don't appreciate people taking 2 weeks to send a game and freezing up one of my trade slots and making me miss other games I want that are available.

[quote name='drfrielgood']I am the person that agreed to send Rictor Planet of the Apes without realizing that I had listed the game as the "full package". Once I went to print out his address, I noticed my error and looked for a way to cancel out the trade. I couldn't find a way, couldn't find any help in the FAQ, and so I sent him a PM. He only wanted the game if it was the full package, and we would both like the trade to be cancelled. All of this just happened today, so I really don't want to be penalized with a negative feedback for the accidental click of a button. Is there any way for him to get the points back?

Rictor, I wouldn't be opposed to just request one of your 100 point games (and you don't send me it), just so you can get your points back.[/quote]

I am first in line to ship out Crime Killer for PSX. Go ahead and request that and report it received and I'll do the same with your game, I guess. Send me a private message to let me know it was you requesting the game so I don't actually mail it out. I send out a lot of games every week and might forget otherwise.

Hi everyone...
It's been a crazy day. We launched today our Refer A Friend page and with it a new promotion that you should be getting an email about soon. Basically the promotion is the top three people to refer a friend win any video game they want off of Amazon. There are a few simple rules, but no catches. I'll post the rules in a separate post, but I wanted to address the posts I missed over the day.

1. icruise was correct in what I meant...We were originally concerned with people making copies of PC games and shipping out the original...and then playing on the pirated discs using the original key code. We hope people use the PM to resolve these types of situations and if that doesn't work then report negative feedback.

2. drfrielgood & rictor: no need to make that type of trade b/c Rictor was refunded the points

3. Blackout542: trades are free in that you don't pay for the $1 transaction fee through Oct. 20th. As a sender, you must pay for shipping regardless of how you send a game. Check our FAQ for more info on that.

As for the bad trade, we know there a lot of issues that can lead to game not being sent and are fair on a lot of trades. We make sure that both sides of the trade are treated fairly and the buyer was probably really excited to get the game that wasn't able to be sent...That's when our 100% guarantee policy kicks into play...

4. Rictor is right that games should ship within 10 business days anywhere in the U.S. There are always exceptions, but if you are the sender, please on behalf of the Goozex community ship as soon as you can...I know other users will return the favor when you get games.

Ok...gotta go put up the rules for the promo and will be back to post them here...and you guys and invite your friends!

Here are the rules of the contest:

Deadline: November 20, 2006
Winners will be the three users who have invited the highest number of friends. You must invite at least 5 active(*) friends to be eligible for participating in the contest. The invited friends must have completed at least one trade with positive feedback by November 20, 2006 in order to count toward your pool of friends. Transactions initiated but not completed at time of closing will not be considered for the purpose of this contest. Winners will be notified and made public after the deadline. If you are one of the winners, you can only request one game. The video game must be available on Amazon.com at the time of notification and not priced more than $65.00. The game will be purchased by Goozex and shipped to the winner at Goozex's expense. Any game not assigned for lack of winners will be forfeited. Each user that becomes active on Goozex can also enter the contest. Only one winner is allowed per household. Referred users will not be counted as friends if they have the same address as the referring user, or if they have the same name but a different address. Friends must be different physical persons than the referring users. Existing users cannot be referred as friends.

(*) Active friends are those that have completed their first trade successfully to the buyer's satisfaction with positive feedback.

[quote name='Goozex']
2. drfrielgood & rictor: no need to make that type of trade b/c Rictor was refunded the points[/quote]

I was? I still see 1800 points like I had yesterday and Planet of the Apes is still in my incoming game list, taking up one of my game spots. We were just trying to get that game off my incoming list without me leaving him negative feedback.

Maybe I'm wrong about my point total and you did give me 100 points. If so, what do you want me to do? Report that I have received Planet of the Apes? I don't have any open trade slots right now and there are 4 games available on the site that are pretty big wants for me, so I'd appreciate this cleared up soon so I have a chance at one of them.

[quote name='Rictor']I was? I still see 1800 points like I had yesterday and Planet of the Apes is still in my incoming game list, taking up one of my game spots. We were just trying to get that game off my incoming list without me leaving him negative feedback.

Maybe I'm wrong about my point total and you did give me 100 points. If so, what do you want me to do? Report that I have received Planet of the Apes? I don't have any open trade slots right now and there are 4 games available on the site that are pretty big wants for me, so I'd appreciate this cleared up soon so I have a chance at one of them.[/quote]

Let me go through the feedback records. I will get back to you later today via PM.

[quote name='Rictor']I am first in line to ship out Crime Killer for PSX. Go ahead and request that and report it received and I'll do the same with your game, I guess. Send me a private message to let me know it was you requesting the game so I don't actually mail it out. I send out a lot of games every week and might forget otherwise.[/quote]

The game was sent on time,This isn't the first time on goozex this has happened,Plus I have proof it was delivered.

[quote name='Goozex']Here are the rules of the contest:

Deadline: November 20, 2006
Winners will be the three users who have invited the highest number of friends. You must invite at least 5 active(*) friends to be eligible for participating in the contest. The invited friends must have completed at least one trade with positive feedback by November 20, 2006 in order to count toward your pool of friends. Transactions initiated but not completed at time of closing will not be considered for the purpose of this contest. Winners will be notified and made public after the deadline. If you are one of the winners, you can only request one game. The video game must be available on Amazon.com at the time of notification and not priced more than $65.00. The game will be purchased by Goozex and shipped to the winner at Goozex's expense. Any game not assigned for lack of winners will be forfeited. Each user that becomes active on Goozex can also enter the contest. Only one winner is allowed per household. Referred users will not be counted as friends if they have the same address as the referring user, or if they have the same name but a different address. Friends must be different physical persons than the referring users. Existing users cannot be referred as friends.

(*) Active friends are those that have completed their first trade successfully to the buyer's satisfaction with positive feedback.[/QUOTE]

rules hurt brain runs down street screaming

[quote name='videogamersportal']The game was sent on time,This isn't the first time on goozex this has happened,Plus I have proof it was delivered.[/quote]

Then send them the proof that you sent it out and it was delivered on time and that will be the end of it. I know you can't report a game missing for 10 days though, because if you try a pop-up window comes up telling you that you can't.

On a different note, I'm surprised no one has requested my complete Firefighter FD18 yet. I know a bunch of people have it on their wantlist...I guess they just don't have enough points or trade slots.

[quote name='Rictor']Then send them the proof that you sent it out and it was delivered on time and that will be the end of it. I know you can't report a game missing for 10 days though, because if you try a pop-up window comes up telling you that you can't.

On a different note, I'm surprised no one has requested my complete Firefighter FD18 yet. I know a bunch of people have it on their wantlist...I guess they just don't have enough points or trade slots.[/QUOTE]

also it jumped to like 800 pts

[quote name='slidecage']also it jumped to like 800 pts[/quote]

I listed it AFTER it jumped to 800 points. No one was going to list it for 100 points...it's an expensive game on Ebay. I added it to my wantlist to see how many people have it requested right now and it put me like 8th in line. My Digital Devil Saga 2 went fast at 800 points and my Fire Emblem went fast at 700 points...I think this one will go...it's only been listed a couple days...I'm just surprised with so many people having it requested right now that none of them have any points or trade slots open.

[quote name='Rictor']I listed it AFTER it jumped to 800 points. No one was going to list it for 100 points...it's an expensive game on Ebay. I added it to my wantlist to see how many people have it requested right now and it put my like 8th in line. My Digital Devil Saga 2 went fast at 800 points and my Fire Emblem went fast at 700 points...I think this one will go...it's only been listed a couple days...I'm just surprised with so many people having it requested right now that none of them have any points or trade slots open.[/QUOTE]

looked and it looks like high 20 range ?

sold 20
no sell at 45
sell at 47
sell at 32
sell at 29
sell at 17
sell at 31

and wasnt it just reprinted? i probally would of gave it a try but didnt care for it when i rented it off blockbuster. im shocked that those FIre are moving now that alot of places it fell in vaule

also saving my pts for rpgs : ) that is if anyone would ever list any of the newer ones

There needs to be a feature on the site where you can check your points history. Yesterday I had nearly 3000 points saved up, and now I'm somehow at 1950. I haven't had any of my request games matched, so I'm not sure where the points have gone. I may just not have noticed something, but it'd be nice to have a visual history of my spending and receiving of points.

[quote name='drfrielgood']There needs to be a feature on the site where you can check your points history. Yesterday I had nearly 3000 points saved up, and now I'm somehow at 1950. I haven't had any of my request games matched, so I'm not sure where the points have gone. I may just not have noticed something, but it'd be nice to have a visual history of my spending and receiving of points.[/quote]

That's odd, I wonder why that happened. But yeah, I agree.

Some forums would be nice as well and I hope they can finally put in the PC trader in. I know it's kind of wonky with CDkeys and such, but at least the single player games. Of course the MMO's couldn't be tradeable.

[quote name='drfrielgood']There needs to be a feature on the site where you can check your points history. Yesterday I had nearly 3000 points saved up, and now I'm somehow at 1950. I haven't had any of my request games matched, so I'm not sure where the points have gone. I may just not have noticed something, but it'd be nice to have a visual history of my spending and receiving of points.[/QUOTE]
Couldn't you pretty much figure it out by adding up the games you have requested with those that you sent out? (Of course, you'd have to take into account whether or not you got any free points when you joined and whether or not you bought any points.) But they don't just disappear (barring a system glitch, which is what you need to check on).

I tried it myself just now and I was able to exactly calculate my current point total.

Well, I just did the same thing some one else did to me. I added a Gameboy Advance game to my list and forgot to go in and put that it was cart only. A couple hours later I got a request for it, and since it doesn't show what method you promised to ship it on the e-mail, I went ahead and agreed to ship it out, thinking I had listed it as cart-only. Of course, I listed it as the full package, so I sent a private message to the user telling them to report the game as damaged, put in the comments that I didn't send them the game because I don't have the box and manual, and leave me negative feedback, as that's the quickest and easiest way to cancel right now. I don't really want negative feedback, so it would be nice if we got a cancel button soon to solve this problem that seems to pop up quite often.

I'm usually more careful than that, but it is 2 am here so I'm half asleep.

I have a question for Goozex about games that seem to get matched and unmatched repeatedly. For example, I had Mario Party Advance get matched, unmatched, matched, unmatched and then matched again, all within a few days (the last time it happened I didn't have enough points, so I just let it go). Similar things have happened with other games. What causes this? It's kind of annoying to have your points tied up in trades that don't seem to want to go through.

Also, I currently have 8 games in the mail to me and one matched. That should allow me to get one of the two available 100 point games that I'm first in line for, but it's been over a day with no matches. Can you tell me what the story is with that?

[quote name='icruise']I have a question for Goozex about games that seem to get matched and unmatched repeatedly. For example, I had Mario Party Advance get matched, unmatched, matched, unmatched and then matched again, all within a few days (the last time it happened I didn't have enough points, so I just let it go). Similar things have happened with other games. What causes this? It's kind of annoying to have your points tied up in trades that don't seem to want to go through.

Also, I currently have 8 games in the mail to me and one matched. That should allow me to get one of the two available 100 point games that I'm first in line for, but it's been over a day with no matches. Can you tell me what the story is with that?[/quote]

I would assume it's because there's only 1 copy of the game on the site. The system requests it and the sender doesn't respond to the e-mail within 24 hours so the game goes back onto your wantlist. Then it's requested again from the same sender, who doesn't reply again for 24 hours. It's happened to me a few times too...where for 3 or 4 days the sytem will request the same game over and over again until the sender finally logs in and agrees to send it (or removes it from the site).

That sounds reasonable. It's hard for me to fathom how someone could go for days without checking their email, but a lot of people do, I guess. Maybe games should automatically be put on hold if the person who listed them doesn't respond in one way or another to a trade invitation.

[quote name='icruise']That sounds reasonable. It's hard for me to fathom how someone could go for days without checking their email, but a lot of people do, I guess. Maybe games should automatically be put on hold if the person who listed them doesn't respond in one way or another to a trade invitation.[/quote]

I know I leave town for the weekend fairly often (camping mostly) and don't check my e-mail. Trading sites need vacation mode so you can click a button and remove your games for a couple days, a week, a month, or however long you will be gone.

just some info...
:roll:
as of 0953 EST 10-17-06

SYSTEM UPDATE

We are doing an important system update, and this may cause downtime for a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to try again in a short while.

If the problem persists, please contact the Goozex administrators at [email protected].

Thank you,
The Goozex Team.

[quote name='tsbardella']just some info...
as of 0953 EST 10-17-06

SYSTEM UPDATE

We are doing an important system update, and this may cause downtime for a few minutes. We apologize for any inconvenience, and invite you to try again in a short while.

If the problem persists, please contact the Goozex administrators at [email protected].

Thank you,
The Goozex Team.[/quote]

Heh, if by a few minutes you mean a few hours, I haven't been able to log onto the site all day...getting a DNS error.

[quote name='tsbardella']just some info...
as of 0953 EST 10-17-06

SYSTEM UPDATE

Thank you,
The Goozex Team.[/QUOTE]

So, thats what was up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back