Goozex help, am I right?

saadman

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Tell if I'm right here. I'm on Goozex and I have Persona 3 requested as a "Full Game". I get Persona 3 in the mail, but only the game, case and instructions. I do not receive the sleeve or the art book.

The description of a "Full Game" on Goozex is "Disc, Game, Instructions and any other accessories included with the game." I am to assume that the sleeve and artbook are "other accessories included with the game."

Anyhow, after a series of emails between me and Goozes customer support, I was simply told to just leave feedback of "incomplete game received". Is there any way I can get my points back? I messaged the sender of the game and told him I would mail the game back and I told the same thing to Goozex support.

Goozex will recommend you leave a "Neutral" since the game disc is what's important on Goozex, not the extraneous stuff. Yes, it sucks, but if you're a collector, you take a gamble on Goozex. If you want mint and complete items, you'd better confirm with the seller so you can cancel ahead of time if it isn't up to your standards, or stick to CAG/GameTZ/eBay/Amazon.

The only way to get your points back would be to leave a negative, but that will surely result in the seller contacting Goozex in the interim and the points might be held in escrow until the situation is resolved. As far as I know, seller's can't manually return points to buyers.

You can mail the game back to the seller but keep in mind, if you leave a neutral or no feedback, the seller gets your points and the game returned to him. I would hold on to the game until Goozex support returns your inquiry.

From the seller's perspective, he sent you the complete game and that will be his argument, despite that it does have the outer cardboard box and artbook, and he'll probably argue that with Goozex support.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, just the neutral feedback in that situation.

Goozex is not a place for collectors as there's just no guarantee what condition games we'll be in. It's place for people like me who never keep games after beating them as its arguably the easiest way to swap games.

That said, every game I've sent out (18 or 19 I think) have been complete and the 4 I've requested so far have also been complete and in very good condition. But I've never requested anything that comes with extra stuff like an art book. So don't get overly discouraged and quit using the site--but if you're a collector I would at least not request games you're getting for collecting purposes and just use of for lower wants (games you'll likely trade back when done).

I'm discouraged and quitting the site.

Of four games I ordered there as complete copies, I recieved two that were nowhere /near/ complete. One came in a crushed Blockbuster case, no manual, and with an unbalancing Blockbuster sticker on only one edge of the disk. The other arrived as /only/ the disc.

I'm /not/ a collector. But I do want the instruction manuals, and a decent disc. There is no guarantee that you'll get even that.

I'm indending to just burn through my remaining points and never use Goozex again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have received over 100 games that were labeled as complete from Goozex. Off the top of my head I can only think of 1 time where I did not really receive a complete game. I think you guys are the exception.

[quote name='saadman']The description of a "Full Game" on Goozex is "Disc, Game, Instructions and any other accessories included with the game." I am to assume that the sleeve and artbook are "other accessories included with the game."[/quote]

I don't really consider things like an Artbook/sleeve/CD to be an accessory.

I wouldn't really expect the extra stuff unless there is a listing for a regular edition and a limited edition. Goozex is far from perfect and the people operating it fully acknowledge that some of the kinks just can't be worked out to make everyone happy and that there is emphasis on keeping it simple for people who just like to play the games.

That said, I've received a number of games and only had 2 incidents. 1 was that someone confirmed to send GTA IV a week after it was released and it never showed up. 2 was someone sent me a complete copy that was game, manual and artwork in a blockbuster dvd case. I wasn't happy but it was too nit-picky to get upset over. Goozex is one of (if not THE) best game trading site IMO.

bread's done
Back