Goozex - I Got Sent the Wrong Game... But It's Worth More Than The One I Requested!

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Hello everyone. I recently decided to buy some games on Goozex since it's free trading month.

Late last week I requested Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Xbox) and received it in the mail today. The package (case and manual) was in great shape and the disc looked good with only a few scratched. Heck, the guy even taped the disc down to the central tab (I'm assuming) to make sure it didn't get loose and scratched during travel. So I popped it into my Xbox and the game worked fine. Next I decided to test the online play and see if anyone actually still played the game (highly unlikely) and it gave me a message stating that I was leaving the "Earned in Blood" game. That's when I realized that it was the wrong disc!

Now BIA is only 100 pts on Goozex and BIA2 is 250 pts so technically I just saved 150 pts. However, I really want both games complete (case, manual, & disc) so keeping it would make me have to buy BIA1 as disc only and then track down the BIA2 manual/case and probably pay out of my own pocket. I'd like to avoid that.

I just wanted to get some feedback on the situation and on what I should do. Now the seller was nice so here's the message I just sent him. (Let me know if you agree/disagree with what I said in the letter. If you disagree, then please suggest a better way of handling the situation.)

Hello. I received the package today and the game worked perfectly. However, once I went to sign into Xbox Live it said something about leaving the "Earned In Blood" game. It took a second to realize that I had requested Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 and not the disc that was currently running in my Xbox.

Basically, I requested BIA1 full package and you sent me the BIA2 game w/ the BIA1 case & manual.

I'm curious on how we should deal with this. Now honestly, the game you sent me is worth more than I paid, but I don't want to take advantage of you since everything was in good condition and you shipped quickly.

Firstly, I'm curious is you have the BIA1 disc and accidentally swapped the games. I'd be willing to buy both games from you (if at all possible) because I do want both. My main reason for only buying BIA1 now is because it was cheap and I could wait to get BIA2 once it dropped in price and after I beat BIA1. I figure if I buy both from you then I can avoid the hassle of buying BIA1 as a disc only and trying to track down a BIA2 manual and case.

Let me know if we can work something out. We have a few options. It all really depends on if you have the correct game (BIA1 disc) and/or the BIA2 manual/case. If you have neither, then I can just keep the game & give you a 50 point tip to compensate you then we can go our separate ways or we'll have to figure something out. Another possibility is I ship the entire package back, but then that'll be money out of my pocket too. I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

Thanks and hopefully we can work something out. I definitely don't want to take advantage of this error.

I'll keep you guys updated on the response I get since this situation can go in a few possible ways.

Can you specifically choose who to send a game to if they have a request? Not sure how that would work out, but I think its cool you messaged him.

i had this happened and got screwed over. sent the wrong game and i tried to work it out with the seller. in your case, youre trying to buy off the BIA 1 right? since youre dealing outside of goozex to buy the game off of the guy, its not advisable. if you get ripped off of the deal i dont think they could do anything.

[quote name='mike.m']I think its cool you messaged him.[/quote]
i think so too.

Well what I meant is maybe we could email the Goozex team and see if they'd allow us to do a trade specifically with each other due to the circumstances. Kind of like "let me buy both BIA1 & BIA2 from this seller" since we had a mix-up.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Well what I meant is maybe we could email the Goozex team and see if they'd allow us to do a trade specifically with each other due to the circumstances. Kind of like "let me buy both BIA1 & BIA2 from this seller" since we had a mix-up.[/quote]
i doubt that they'll allow it since goozex is based on the first-come, first-served basis.

[quote name='phear3d']i doubt that they'll allow it since goozex is based on the first-come, first-served basis.[/quote]

Yeah, I figure with the way things are set up, that prolly wouldn't be allowed, but you never know.

Can you gift someone points though? I know you can tip points with your feedback, but I believe thats only 50 pts.

150 points is $7.50 It's probably not worth it to him to send you money to ship it back and then for him to ship the other one. You could always give him a +50 tip to close the gap if you want. See if he's happy with that.

bread's done
Back