goozex question on shipping

decrot

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I have a question about the shipping process on goozex. I want to trade my scene it 2 bundle on the site. the shipping is quite costly just to do on my own. but on the site it says that you can print your shipping label off the site. do you just print the label and drop it off w/o the need to pay for it? does its label also work on big bundles instead of just the game?

shipping is not expensive. Every game i ship costs me $1.90 using first class in a bubble mailer. I think it's 80 cents extra for delivery confirmation...but I only use that on the more expensive games.

[quote name='Dingleberry']shipping is not expensive. Every game i ship costs me $1.90 using first class in a bubble mailer. I think it's 80 cents extra for delivery confirmation...but I only use that on the more expensive games.[/QUOTE]
if it were only true for the scene it bundle. its over 13 oz so id have to use priority mail, which is 5 bucks

You can track using Media Mail, it's just not free. Also, don't use the print label on goozex, it charges you more than it costs. Use paypal's shipping tool.

[quote name='Shady3011']Honestly, you're better off springing for Priority Mail. That way you can at least track your package.[/QUOTE]Print out the label from paypal, and tracking is only 19 cents. That's worth it IMHO.

Just started using GOOZEX last week and was using their (admittedly very convenient) shipping, but was tipped by one of my trade recipients that Paypal shipping is a cheaper way to go. I've got seven trades to send out today, so I could definitely use the savings!

What settings do you guys use for a standard DVD/game-size bubble mailer?

[quote name='decrot']I have a question about the shipping process on goozex. I want to trade my scene it 2 bundle on the site. the shipping is quite costly just to do on my own. but on the site it says that you can print your shipping label off the site. do you just print the label and drop it off w/o the need to pay for it? does its label also work on big bundles instead of just the game?[/QUOTE]
I've found shipping using the printout label from Goozex is more expensive but yes, of course you have to pay for it. When I ship straight from the post office using 1st Class (the cheapest) it's cheaper.

[quote name='Nobi-Wan']I've found shipping using the printout label from Goozex is more expensive but yes, of course you have to pay for it. When I ship straight from the post office using 1st Class (the cheapest) it's cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Actually, PayPal shipping is even cheaper than going to the P.O., because delivery confirmation is .19 versus .60 in person. Plus, saves you the gas and hassle of going there. Based on my calculations, you save around $1.00 shipping a size 0 (DVD) bubble mailer using PayPal shipping versus GOOZEX's built in label printer, with slightly smaller savings over shipping it in person.

[quote name='Tybee']Actually, PayPal shipping is even cheaper than going to the P.O., because delivery confirmation is .19 versus .60 in person. Plus, saves you the gas and hassle of going there. Based on my calculations, you save around $1.00 shipping a size 0 (DVD) bubble mailer using PayPal shipping versus GOOZEX's built in label printer, with slightly smaller savings over shipping it in person.[/QUOTE]
Tell me how to ship from PayPal! I can't find the section to just print out a shipping label with a new address on it.

People who keep saying SHIP IT MEDIA Instead of 2/3 day..... Remember for media you have to out and BUY A BOX ... so depending on the cost of the box it might be cheaper to go 2/3 day..

I know guitar hero was a major pain in the ass that cost 13 to ship

yes plus you can drop off the package in the blue box labeled USPS without having to wait in line (item has to be under 13 oz). Using shipping via pitney bowes with paypal is always a great way to save time

There is a lot of misinformation here.

Priority mail is great IF you need a box and don't already have one. $4.95 is the cheapest Priority Mail cost and delivery confirmation is an additional $.80.

First class is cheaper, however you need to provide the packaging. Delivery confirmation is still an additional 80 cents.

Media mail is cheapest yet (and slowest) and similar to first class in the fact that you need to provide the packaging and delivery confirmation costs.

Goozex shipping labels round up, always, and are more expensive than going to the post office. You pay for convenience and Goozex makes the extra in profit (if i recall). It does save you a trip to the post office though.

Something to remember, if your "buyer" on Goozex get's hit with an underpaid shipment, your going to get negative feedback right quick, no matter what online method you choose to ship with.

[quote name='lothodon']There is a lot of misinformation here.

Priority mail is great IF you need a box and don't already have one. $4.95 is the cheapest Priority Mail cost and delivery confirmation is an additional $.80.

First class is cheaper, however you need to provide the packaging. Delivery confirmation is still an additional 80 cents.

Media mail is cheapest yet (and slowest) and similar to first class in the fact that you need to provide the packaging and delivery confirmation costs.

Goozex shipping labels round up, always, and are more expensive than going to the post office. You pay for convenience and Goozex makes the extra in profit (if i recall). It does save you a trip to the post office though.

Something to remember, if your "buyer" on Goozex get's hit with an underpaid shipment, your going to get negative feedback right quick, no matter what online method you choose to ship with.[/QUOTE]

All correct, but I stand by my statement that PayPal shipping is your cheapest option and also extremely convenient.

As others have said, if you're planning on sending a lot of stuff (and if you're on GOOZEX, you probably are), it's worth your while to pick up a postal or kitchen scale (I recommend the latter, especially if you cook at all since it can do double duty). It'll give you peace of mind that you're not underestimating the shipping weight, and can save you a few cents on each shipment by being accurate to the oz.

Considering its size, he'd need a medium or large flat rate box for Priority, which cost about $11 and $15 respectively (can't remember the actual prices).

It would be cheaper to ship using media mail and using PayPal shipping, if you can provide your own box/packing (shouldn't cost more than a dollar or two) plus shipping would be about $3 with DC.

i always use paypal shipping, it is cheaper. if you cant use paypal go to the post office over goozex. and on the topic of media mail for a game, i remember seeing a thread where they were discussing usps's policy on media mail and games do not qualify anymore. though i dont know how you would get caught, just thought id point that out.

[quote name='lothodon']There is a lot of misinformation here.[/quote]
There's a lot of misinformation HERE, too.

[quote name='lothodon']Priority mail is great IF you need a box and don't already have one. $4.95 is the cheapest Priority Mail cost and delivery confirmation is an additional $.80.

First class is cheaper, however you need to provide the packaging. Delivery confirmation is still an additional 80 cents.[/quote]
Delivery Confirmation is free for Priority/Express Mail and 18-19 cents for all other services if you use Paypal/USPS online shipping.

[quote name='lothodon']Media mail is cheapest yet (and slowest) and similar to first class in the fact that you need to provide the packaging and delivery confirmation costs.[/quote]
Video games no longer qualify for Media Mail. USPS says they never did, but we have a solid statement now.

[quote name='lothodon'] Something to remember, if your "buyer" on Goozex get's hit with an underpaid shipment, your going to get negative feedback right quick, no matter what online method you choose to ship with.[/QUOTE]
Insufficient postage is neutral feedback. Your buyer is going to be hit with postage due if you send the game Media Mail and it's inspected.

[quote name='CaoPi']yes plus you can drop off the package in the blue box labeled USPS without having to wait in line (item has to be under 13 oz). Using shipping via pitney bowes with paypal is always a great way to save time[/QUOTE]

The 13oz rule is only for stamped mail. You can throw any weight item in the mailbox as long as it has some kind of non stamp postage printed postage on it or from a meter. I have mailed a Singstar Bundle before and dropped in a mailbox and it weight over 2 pounds.

I just got a scale from Amazon yesterday and was going to buy my first paypal label. The game I just weighed is 4.2oz and unfortunately the oz field on their site only allows 2 characters, so I can't do 4.2. I'm assuming I should round up so there isn't some sort of insufficient postage for the "buyer."

[quote name='Optical']I just got a scale from Amazon yesterday and was going to buy my first paypal label. The game I just weighed is 4.2oz and unfortunately the oz field on their site only allows 2 characters, so I can't do 4.2. I'm assuming I should round up so there isn't some sort of insufficient postage for the "buyer."[/QUOTE]

Yes you need to round up to the next round number.

1st class is prices per ounce so 4.2 oz is considered 5 oz.

bread's done
Back