goozex question ...

svt1029

CAGiversary!
i have a ton of games i dont play laying around so ive been contemplating becoming a member at goozex but am a little unsure of it for a couple reasons ... one, it seems like itll cost me alot to ship games all over, call me cheap but its what i am. Also, can anyone vouch for the quality of the usual games and wether they come complete or not ..... if anyone has any suggestions for better sites or ideas besides craigslist or ebay im open to pretty much anything

and ive been thinking about setting up a want/have list on here for the past few weeks and havent gotten around to it

[quote name='svt1029']i have a ton of games i dont play laying around so ive been contemplating becoming a member at goozex but am a little unsure of it for a couple reasons ... one, it seems like itll cost me alot to ship games all over, call me cheap but its what i am. Also, can anyone vouch for the quality of the usual games and wether they come complete or not ..... if anyone has any suggestions for better sites or ideas besides craigslist or ebay im open to pretty much anything

and ive been thinking about setting up a want/have list on here for the past few weeks and havent gotten around to it[/quote]
Well, for Goozex, yes, it can cost a lot to send out the games, about $2 each game.
All the stuff I've received looked pretty much new, and you can select if you want "Complete", "Disc & Manual", or "Disc Only" when you request a game from Goozex. You can also set a default request type. Change this first if you only want to request "Complete" games, as by default it is set to "Disc Only" and you can get matched in the time it takes you to request the game and change the request type.

As for alternatives to CL and eBay, there's GameGavel. It's an video game only auction site with no fees for basic listings... at least I don't believe there are fees... I signed up but never got around to listing anything.

ok awesome .... one more thing ... when you put a game up on goozex of your own ... how long does it usually take to get the credit for it

[quote name='svt1029']ok awesome .... one more thing ... when you put a game up on goozex of your own ... how long does it usually take to get the credit for it[/quote]

Someone needs to request the game before you'll get the credit.
When you first start out, you don't get the credit until you receive positive feedback.
After you get about 3-4 positive feedbacks, then you get the credit as soon as you agree to send a game.

ok awesome ... i know im being a pain but since you guys have experience ... how long would it take say a game liek halo 3 if i put it up to be requested from me ... i just dont wanna put games like gears ninja gaiden 2 and halo up and have them sit forever and one more thing thats off topic ... ive been here since may and ever since ive been wondering how i can put a picture next to my name on posts like you guys have so its not so plain

Halo 3 currently has 78 people waiting to send a complete package out, with no one requesting, but there are 44 people requesting it who don't have enough points at the moment.

I'd say it'll be quite a while before you get matched at Goozex to trade it away.

To see what I see, go to Goozex, search for halo 3, and on it's page near the left-hand side click on "trading info", it'll bring up all the raw number data that will let you know everything you'd want to about the game's trading status.

As for your CAG pic, it's called an avatar in your settings section of CAG.

Click on the little cog to the right of "games" at the top of any page.
Click on "edit avatar" on the left side of the page (under setting & options)
Upload or link to a pic you want to have there.

You can also edit your signature, works almost the same, but it'll show under your post.

BTW, if you haven't signed up to goozex yet, you can click on my Goozex sig to give me a treat when you sign up. I wouldn't mention it, but I'm the first person in this thread to have a Goozex sig, usually there'll already be a few showing in any given thread by this time.

I've pretty much given up on Goozex because all the hot games never have enough people trading compared to requesting and I don't like how the points don't scale with games that are clearance prices in store. It was great for getting rid of a ton of garbage games I could never sell though.

I'm still a fan of it. I recently got GTA4 and Battlefield: Bad Company for 360 from there. The newer games don't pop up as frequently, but they do pop up. Once I beat the games, I throw them up there in my queue. 1000 points for a newer title equates to about $50, which is generally a lot more than you'd get on Ebay or through a trade/sale.

[quote name='mike.m']I've pretty much given up on Goozex because all the hot games never have enough people trading compared to requesting and I don't like how the points don't scale with games that are clearance prices in store. It was great for getting rid of a ton of garbage games I could never sell though.[/QUOTE]

this is what will bring the site down, just cause your store has game xxxx for 9.99 people think Goozex should drop the game down to 200 pts even though its 30 the rest of the country.

i just traded

Bowling for the psp for 550 pts and return i got

Brain age 1
brain age 2
nintendogs lab

dont know of another site that i can trade off 1 game and get 3

bowling new 19.99 those 3 games new would run 70

also in the past 2 months i got

Suikoden II compete mint
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) with the doll figure -- good luck finding these

and just matched and confirm

Valkyrie Profile ps1

show me another site that i have any chance of getting any of these games not alone all 3

[quote name='slidecage']i just traded Bowling for the psp for 550 pts and return i got

Brain age 1
brain age 2
nintendogs lab

[/quote]

That's definitely the way to do it. If all someone does is dump their 100-point games, they're shelling out $2 cash to ship each $5 (point) game they sell, virtually cutting the point value in half.

As for clearance: I second the fact that Goozex has no reason to alter the price based on one store getting rid of their stock. This should be used to our advantage, not frowned upon.

My greatest Goozex score to date was on the selling side: I bought a mint-condition disc-only PC copy of Discworld for 50cents at the thrift store, matched it for 350 points the next day.

Don't know of another site where I can use an old $.50 PC game to pay for 1/2 of TWEWY. (#10 in line and waiting)

Avoid Goozex. There's no protection for you there. If someone says they have disc and manual, or disc, manual, and case, there's no guarantee their telling the truth. If they stiff you, boo hoo for you. Goozex doesn't care. You get a playable game, succesful trade. Who cares if the manual wasn't included as promised. And don't even think about trying to work a problem out with the other person. Goozex demands you post negative feedback immediately. Or else they'll post positive feedback on your behalf, without telling you. And their "fair" point system is based on popularity of title. So, if you don't have many popular games, you don't get many points to work with. and if you do have popular titles, you can only trade with those who have popular titles, as they have the points needed tog et your game. So, you're trade options are limited, and you're cciompeting with many other users with the same exact game, and a betetr rating than you, as a newbie.

Yes, it is a lot to ship, as you must ship individually. At least on ebay, you cna ship severla at once.

[quote name='Kerig']That's definitely the way to do it. If all someone does is dump their 100-point games, they're shelling out $2 cash to ship each $5 (point) game they sell, virtually cutting the point value in half.

As for clearance: I second the fact that Goozex has no reason to alter the price based on one store getting rid of their stock. This should be used to our advantage, not frowned upon.

My greatest Goozex score to date was on the selling side: I bought a mint-condition disc-only PC copy of Discworld for 50cents at the thrift store, matched it for 350 points the next day.

Don't know of another site where I can use an old $.50 PC game to pay for 1/2 of TWEWY. (#10 in line and waiting)[/quote]

i dump some of my 100point games just to get something out of them, since most of my games are gifts

[quote name='Ather']Avoid Goozex. There's no protection for you there. If someone says they have disc and manual, or disc, manual, and case, there's no guarantee their telling the truth. If they stiff you, boo hoo for you. Goozex doesn't care. You get a playable game, succesful trade. Who cares if the manual wasn't included as promised. And don't even think about trying to work a problem out with the other person. Goozex demands you post negative feedback immediately. Or else they'll post positive feedback on your behalf, without telling you. And their "fair" point system is based on popularity of title. So, if you don't have many popular games, you don't get many points to work with. and if you do have popular titles, you can only trade with those who have popular titles, as they have the points needed tog et your game. So, you're trade options are limited, and you're cciompeting with many other users with the same exact game, and a betetr rating than you, as a newbie.

Yes, it is a lot to ship, as you must ship individually. At least on ebay, you cna ship severla at once.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you're blowing things a little out of proportion. For the most part, most of the traders are honest. I have yet to be stiffed (knock on wood) on a trade where it said it was complete and I got something else. Popularity does affect the point system, but it's generally only +/- 50 pts which equates to $2.50. Hardly a show stopper. The point values are generally pretty close to what you'd actually have to pay if you bought used barring the sudden clearance prices that pop up at places like TRU and CC. Sometimes it works in your favor, sometimes not. It'd be the same if you went to resell the game anyway. Feedback doesn't need to be immediate. They give you two weeks I believe.

One thing I would say is if you're looking for only one particular title, be prepared to wait a while. You have to be flexible and not want the latest & greatest. Once in a while the new games pop up, but it can be a few months before they start being traded. Working with a game backlog like most of us, this is hardly an issue.

[quote name='Ather']Avoid Goozex. There's no protection for you there. If someone says they have disc and manual, or disc, manual, and case, there's no guarantee their telling the truth. If they stiff you, boo hoo for you. Goozex doesn't care. You get a playable game, succesful trade. Who cares if the manual wasn't included as promised. And don't even think about trying to work a problem out with the other person. Goozex demands you post negative feedback immediately. Or else they'll post positive feedback on your behalf, without telling you. And their "fair" point system is based on popularity of title. So, if you don't have many popular games, you don't get many points to work with. and if you do have popular titles, you can only trade with those who have popular titles, as they have the points needed tog et your game. So, you're trade options are limited, and you're cciompeting with many other users with the same exact game, and a betetr rating than you, as a newbie.

Yes, it is a lot to ship, as you must ship individually. At least on ebay, you cna ship severla at once.[/QUOTE]

ummmm when is 21 days IMMEDIATELY? you have 21 days to post feedback.

Yes, it is a lot to ship, as you must ship individually. At least on ebay, you cna ship severla at once.[/quote]

They give you two notices before automatically leaving positive feedback.

[quote name='slidecage']this is what will bring the site down, just cause your store has game xxxx for 9.99 people think Goozex should drop the game down to 200 pts even though its 30 the rest of the country.

i just traded

Bowling for the psp for 550 pts and return i got

Brain age 1
brain age 2
nintendogs lab

bowling new 19.99 those 3 games new would run 70

also in the past 2 months i got

Suikoden II compete mint
.hack//G.U. Vol. 1: Rebirth (Premium Edition) with the doll figure -- good luck finding these

and just matched and confirm

Valkyrie Profile ps1

show me another site that i have any chance of getting any of these games not alone all 3[/quote]

That's nice. But I'm not looking for old PS2 games. I'm looking for recent Xbox 360 games and the fact that games that are regular priced at $30 or $20 and are still 800 to 1000 points on Goozex is dumb. Games drop in price extremely fast nowadays but Goozex doesn't reflect that.

I like goozex because even if I don't find a game I want, I can still find a few gems on there for real low point values that'll fetch a lot more on amazon than any of the games I have lying around the house. Basically turn my trash into $$$ =).

[quote name='antlp89']I like goozex because even if I don't find a game I want, I can still find a few gems on there for real low point values that'll fetch a lot more on amazon than any of the games I have lying around the house. Basically turn my trash into $$$ =).[/quote]

Which is what I did, but I gave up on the endless queues for newer releases that didn't have enough traders.

bread's done
Back