Goozex starts selling new games. Small selection, 5% to 10% off MSRP

LouieT

CAGiversary!
Goozex Market (Beta)
We are pleased to announce the launch of the Goozex Market (beta), your place to find the best deals on all things related to video games. While we roll-out the final pieces of the platform, we are opening up the Market for a special promotion: The Goozex Summer Sale!

The Goozex Summer Sale will take place between July 31 and August 7, 2011. It is a limited-time event, so hurry up and take advantage of it!

You will find in the Market the best video games (new releases and future releases) of the moment, brought to you by Goozex at an unbeatable price. We even offer free shipping on all titles... now that's really unbeatable!

Why we do this? First of all because we love you, our members, and we want you to enjoy the great discounts and special offers that Goozex can leverage in the marketplace. We are launching the service to respond to the many requests we have received regarding purchasing of new items and instant gratification.

We hope you will find the service useful. Prepare for launch!
What is the Goozex Market?
The Goozex Market is your one-stop shop to find and buy all newest games and movies. We scout the market for the best deals, and make them available in the Market for all Goozex members to buy. At the moment the Market is in Beta testing, with a limited selection of titles and is available for limited time only. So hurry up and buy your favorite game today!

Who can buy on the Market?
All active Goozex members registered in the USA can use the system. Sorry Canada and Bermuda: during Beta we are not able to ship internationally.

How to buy on the Market?
Simply choose the product you want and click the button "Buy Now!". Goozex will send you an invoice for the payment. You can pay with Paypal and as soon payment confirmation is received, Goozex will mail the product to your address. Simple, fast, and convenient!

What products are available?
At the moment we offer a limited selection. We scout the marketplace to find the best deals for the best games and movies. By partnering with key distributors and merchants, we are able to offer unbeatable prices, discount offers, and deals.

As we roll out the Beta and keep building upon it, we will introduce new products and features. In the meantime we appreciate your use of the service and you continuous support for Goozex!
Selection for now:
:360::ps3: Catherine $54
:ps3: Infamous 2 $54
:360::ps3: NCAA Football 12 $54
:360::ps3: Call of Juarez: The Cartel $54
:360::ps3: LA Noire $53
:360::ps3: Portal 2 $54

Preorders:
:ps3: Disgaea 4 $55
:360::ps3: Warhammer 40000: Space Marine $55
:ps3: Resistance 3 $55
:ps3: Resistance 3 Doomsday Edition $140
:360::ps3: Dead Island $54

This does not use Goozex points or tokens.

I was really surprised at this move from Goozex. In the past, they've let members use their excess points to buy new games. But asking for money from internet-savvy consumers who likely know the best/cheapest places to get games? I don't see this being very successful.

Thanks, OP. I also got this e-mail and was actually surprised in many ways.

With most of us having on Prime subscription and knowing how great customer service they have on Amazon, I don't see a reason jumping on these deals.
You can't even use points on these new titles so it makes it worse.

It's funny how they are trying to sound like they are generous while the deals are bad at best.
I would watch and see how they go, but looking at the price of Portal 2 makes me doubt this will go well.

[quote name='CaoPi']doesn't look like much of a deal...especially when you can't even use points[/QUOTE]

If we could use points on this (even if the prices were a bit inflated), I'm guessing a lot of people would just cash out and leave. Lets be honest here, Goozex's main goal is to tie people up using the whole points system so that they can't leave without losing their points.

I was attracted to this page like a magnet when I saw "Goozex start selling new games" then immediately rebound when I saw "Pay with PayPal". There go my hope for spending all the goozex points I have. lol

Im sure they have several years ahead of them unless gaming goes all digital.
Honestly if it was like the Goozex Exchange I think it would be better.

Here's an idea for Goozex: Let everyone who preorders receive their game a week before street date as a non-free review copy for Goozex.com. Add a checkbox stating you will write a review on Goozex.com for the game during the week of release. Imagine how many preorders we'd see then.

$54 shipped w/no tax for Dead Island is currently the best deal until someone else (Amazon/Kmart) steps in.

EDIT: Ugh. If they were to use points, then Goozex would die in less than 6 months unless they were to charge about 2,000 points per game and have a VERY limited supply. For the past two weeks any CAG could have bought 2 used copies of Bulletstorm for $13 shipped and gotten 1,000 points each for them.

I really do not understand this move.

Goozex is a points website.

This would make sense if you could buy games using points.

Charge twice the price as used if you have to.

Its a freaking points website.

Just waiting for them to offer an Early Access Token with purchase of a game through Goozex, regardless of whether you trade it within the first 30 days.

This is a nice idea, but they need much lower prices. They should also include a couple thousand points in with each sale.

LOL lower the prices and toss in a few thousand points

1200 pts = 60 bucks..

So you want a 60 buck game for

40 bucks and 1000 pts so you want to pay 40 bucks for something that cost almost a 100

they be gone within a day if they did that .

if you dont like it DONT USE IT simple as that

I will admit though goozex has became a lot worst in the last year .. they dont give a #()@$$(*%* about their core members who joined when they first opened anymore its whoever spends the most they love

[quote name='Kylearan']Just waiting for them to offer an Early Access Token with purchase of a game through Goozex, regardless of whether you trade it within the first 30 days.[/QUOTE]

I'm first in line for Far Cry 3 for PS3 with Early Access and I just hope the game releases before the site closes down. There's too many great pre-order deals out there for this to work or to be considered a deal. Plus getting a newer release game takes too long. I waited 3 months just to get Duke Nukem & Brink(traded in to Amazon) at around the 10 & 18 position and the only reason both were traded that fast is because their both mediocre titles. This is just an attempt to get newer used games trading in the system and more revenue for the site & IMO it will not work.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It was a point website. But they've become greedy in the past year so it's whatever pays the bills.[/QUOTE]

The irony in this statement is amazing.

I will agree that this new Marketplace is laughable.

[quote name='denshaotoko']are there any better sites that do what goozex does but better?[/QUOTE]

GameStop. Amazon. Best Buy.

But you get store credit/cash that can be used right away on anything you want. No silly wait lines.

[quote name='Kerig'] limited supply. For the past two weeks any CAG could have bought 2 used copies of Bulletstorm for $13 shipped and gotten 1,000 points each for them.[/QUOTE]

Where can I get it for 13???

You can use Goozex to your advantage just like Gamestop it just depends what you want and how fast you want it.

There's not really any sites like Goozex that do a points for games sort of thing

You cant use points?!
dumb-and-dumbfounded.jpg

[quote name='denshaotoko']are there any better sites that do what goozex does but better?[/QUOTE]

Not that I've found. You can occasionally find a solid trade in deal from Gamestop, Amazon or BB, but they're not suitable regular alternatives. I did consider using Glyde to pawn off a few games during a slow spell with Goozex, but their fees were nearly the same as EBay but with presumably less of an audience.

Despite the confusing nature of this particular update, nothing really beats Goozex. I wouldn't game on consoles at all without the service; the money saved and ease of use supersedes any of the other alternatives I've found in my searches.

[quote name='KennyOO7']Not that I've found. You can occasionally find a solid trade in deal from Gamestop, Amazon or BB, but they're not suitable regular alternatives. I did consider using Glyde to pawn off a few games during a slow spell with Goozex, but their fees were nearly the same as EBay but with presumably less of an audience.

Despite the confusing nature of this particular update, nothing really beats Goozex. I wouldn't game on consoles at all without the service; the money saved and ease of use supersedes any of the other alternatives I've found in my searches.[/QUOTE]

You're serious? Goozex is and will be a goner. It's plan only succeeds if it has a decent sized user base on which to use your points or else they will have to allow points for cash off which is a loss only business. Best Buy's promos right now are killing others, Amazon still beats Gamestop, but Gamestop continues to chug along for the uninformed in malls everywhere. You should just hope that they allow you to cash in your points in some way when it finally goes fully belly up.

[quote name='Kerig'] For the past two weeks any CAG could have bought 2 used copies of Bulletstorm for $13 shipped and gotten 1,000 points each for them.[/QUOTE]

That's if Goozexer's actually requested that title from you. It's not a guaranteed 1000 points if only 1 person wants it and 50 people are offering it up.

[quote name='ijustw1n']You're serious? Goozex is and will be a goner. It's plan only succeeds if it has a decent sized user base on which to use your points or else they will have to allow points for cash off which is a loss only business. Best Buy's promos right now are killing others, Amazon still beats Gamestop, but Gamestop continues to chug along for the uninformed in malls everywhere. You should just hope that they allow you to cash in your points in some way when it finally goes fully belly up.[/QUOTE]

Quite serious. I joined Goozex quite skeptically two years ago and have nearly 200 trades in each direction, almost all console titles. The success I had with them fueled both my PS3 and 360 purchases, having been solely a PC gamer prior. The service without a doubt has its faults, plenty of them, but I can't ignore the amount of money and time they've saved me. I'd go back to PC gaming in full if I didn't have them to lean upon.

Despite the many threads on Goozex.com itself, here and elsewhere concerning the doom of Goozex, it continues to chug along. As long as it continues to do so, my money's on it.

Last fall however, I had one hell of a dry spell with Goozex. I couldn't get anything in and no one seemed interested in what I had left to ship, so I started looking elsewhere. I never did find any suitable alternative for regular trading. Sure there were a few promos here and there, but no real alternative service to sink my titles into. The promos served more a supplement to my Goozex time; either by making more on a given title or getting titles cheap to flip into Goozex itself.

I'm not terribly concerned about Goozex's future. If it tanks, that sucks, but I'll deal with it; likely selling off my console stuff once I manage to get through that backlog. I won't deny that they've appeared shaky this past year though, enough to warrant me spending down my 10k+ points from the fall. Funny though, I didn't have any trouble spending down to a mere 1000 on a service that was dying off, so maybe it was premature to spend so crazily. Still, the only risk would be to those stashing 1000s of points, and that's a waste to begin with.

[quote name='GizmoGC']That's if Goozexer's actually requested that title from you. It's not a guaranteed 1000 points if only 1 person wants it and 50 people are offering it up.[/QUOTE]

But that's not the case, there are currently 16 requests for BulletStorm PS3, 12 for 360 & 9 for PC despite the fact it's been traded a ton on the site there are still requests that aren't fulfilled though the game released February 22, 2011, over 5 months ago.

I cashed my points out on Brink & Duke Nukem just to get my points out of the system which I was at 3000+ points for a while.

I'm not saying the site completely sucks, but it does have problems for example the points to $$ ratio for a lot of games are way off including Bulletstorm and the only thing that seems to get traded is older games, games I've either played or have no interest in or that I could rent from Block Buster via mail for $5 a month.

As far as the game selling promo it's not a deal and if someone were to buy a game from them it would more than likely be re-traded on another site like CAG, GTZ, TGN, or traded in for credit at Amazon & etc so that doesn't help Goozex. In saying that this is about making more $$ to fund the site, a site IMO that is failing.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back