GOOZEX: Token FREE Trades through Jan 6

DeSquared

CAGiversary!
http://www.goozex.com/community/forums/t/72233.aspx

GOOZEX.com is offering FREE trades on all games and movies December 22-January 6. No $1.99 tokens are required during the promotion.

The site is under new ownership so they're trying to get more action over there. Always seemed to be a WAY better deal than Gamestop, and better than Amazon for older games.

If any CAGers have some points they're looking to liquidate, you've been told..... :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Layd Dly']I would have reactivated a few things but i logged in and all of my requests and offers had been removed. What a f'g joke. I have 1350 points and nothing to even use it on. And years of being in queues have all been erased. That site needs to die. Glyde has already replaced that site and is much easier to use.[/QUOTE]

If you don't even log in once in 6 months time, you get bounced. That's how it's been, at least for the 3 years I've been there. For those who don't know about it, what he's saying is he still has the points but all the games he was in line for, well, now he's not. So you'll need to start from the back of the line now(which prob means you won't get those games until 2014 at best). BTW, why couldn't you just log in once all that time? Did you forget you had an account there?

[quote name='Layd Dly']I would have reactivated a few things but i logged in and all of my requests and offers had been removed. What a f'g joke. I have 1350 points and nothing to even use it on. And years of being in queues have all been erased. That site needs to die. Glyde has already replaced that site and is much easier to use.[/QUOTE]Agreed. I've used both, and Glyde is infinitely superior.

I currently have 700 points at Goozex, but what the hell is there to use them on? The Xbox available games are nothing but demo discs and decade-old sports games, the PS3 section is literally just decade-old sports games, and there isn't even a single physical Vita game, even though every single one is valued at 1000 points (roughly $50).

It is a complete and utter joke of a site, and I don't see how anyone will turn it around, especially with the same ridiculous, nonsensical point values that it had when it crashed.

Time to cash out ALL those spare points I can't use on poopy budget DVDs!

Edit: ... except there are only like ten DVDs available and none of them are worth watching! The hellllllllllllllll

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='timtheterrible']Agreed. I've used both, and Glyde is infinitely superior.

I currently have 700 points at Goozex, but what the hell is there to use them on? The Xbox available games are nothing but demo discs and decade-old sports games, the PS3 section is literally just decade-old sports games, and there isn't even a single physical Vita game, even though every single one is valued at 1000 points (roughly $50).

It is a complete and utter joke of a site, and I don't see how anyone will turn it around, especially with the same ridiculous, nonsensical point values that it had when it crashed.[/QUOTE]

You guys reading this do realize that you select games and movies you want and get on line for them right? It is a q based system. As I write this, I got MLB 12 The Show for PS3 that I got in the mail Friday, Amazing SpiderMan for 3DS in the mail due to arrive tomorrow, and just got matched for Monopoly PS3 and MLB 12 The Show for Vita. Of course, I got on the waiting list for these a long time ago. The items in the available now list are available because they are trash and no one wants them. Old sports games and demo disks, like was stated. Anything decent you select and wait...

wish i could find something else to do with my points on here.. have a few thousand and theres really nothing i want ever available..

its been like this for almost two years now!! wtf

i don't think the new management will be able to save it, but if things pick back up over there, I'd add them back into my ammo belt.

[quote name='inky1600']You guys reading this do realize that you select games and movies you want and get on line for them right? It is a q based system. As I write this, I got MLB 12 The Show for PS3 that I got in the mail Friday, Amazing SpiderMan for 3DS in the mail due to arrive tomorrow, and just got matched for Monopoly PS3 and MLB 12 The Show for Vita. Of course, I got on the waiting list for these a long time ago. The items in the available now list are available because they are trash and no one wants them. Old sports games and demo disks, like was stated. Anything decent you select and wait...[/QUOTE]

Since the Promo started I've received trade notices Red Dead Redemption, Marvel V Capcom, and Call of Duty World at War. Had these games in my queue for 2 yrs but never wanted to use a token to get them.

Just growing my backlog, but figure ca$h out while I can... Its unfortunate because my backlog will be growing even more tomorrow with Xmas gifts!! Maybe they'll run a "Christmas in July promo" in 6 months...

I'll join most and say stay away from that site at this points. I'm not going to whine about tokens since they are a dollar (or less) each, but trades are incredibly slow at this point. Aside from being able to (still, somehow) get rid of HD DVDs on there, I'm in the process of getting a few things to zero out my points so I can be done with it.

Maybe the new management will help, but I doubt it.

goozex - always had someone immediately for the games i had but had anything i wanted on hold indefinately.

what a scam, dropped them more than 1yr ago.
now i just sell them on amazon and take a slight hit.

I found enough items to clear out my points. Six have already been marked as "shipped", four are still pending.

Hope I don't get trashed games.

You know, I'm going to pick up a bunch of whatever is available and just donate it to the local children's hospital. I'm sitting on 6500 points and none of my requests have been made in the last year.

Damn, I didn't want to just give them nothing but sports games though...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DietPepsi']no good game r left this seem like bsait and switch it is legal terml ook it up[/QUOTE]

I think you need to look it up.

[quote name='inky1600']You guys reading this do realize that you select games and movies you want and get on line for them right? It is a q based system. As I write this, I got MLB 12 The Show for PS3 that I got in the mail Friday, Amazing SpiderMan for 3DS in the mail due to arrive tomorrow, and just got matched for Monopoly PS3 and MLB 12 The Show for Vita. Of course, I got on the waiting list for these a long time ago. The items in the available now list are available because they are trash and no one wants them. Old sports games and demo disks, like was stated. Anything decent you select and wait...[/QUOTE]

The problem is that demand vastly outstrips supply. Goozex did no favours for itself by having promotions for buying points and now everyone has piles of points and nothing to spend it on.

[quote name='jza1218']Man I can't even find someone with NHL 95-98 on Goozex. Have 1850 points but a game ain't one.[/QUOTE]

lol jza! Believe it or not I had NHL '98 PS2 and traded it in to Target during their trade in any 2 games for 20 bucks game credit deal in April at the Target Mobile kiosk. NHL 2000 as well :lol:

[quote name='inky1600']lol jza! Believe it or not I had NHL '98 PS2 and traded it in to Target during their trade in any 2 games for 20 bucks game credit deal in April at the Target Mobile kiosk. NHL 2000 as well :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yeah but I'm looking for it on the SNES lol. You'd think it'd be easier.

Heh, I had never logged back in once they switched to $2 trade tokens.

I have 700 points. It's a good thing I like old golf games and want some junk to play on my PSOne/LCD screen thingy :p

Sweet, all the games I requested except one shipped!

Got:
LotR: The Two Towers (PS2)
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing (PS)
Burning Road (PS)

Tis a shame this place is pretty much dead.

9/10 items have been confirmed, but only two have already shipped.

The ONE movie I want ... hasn't even been confirmed. :(

Guys, VGFive works really well. I've sent and received five games in the first month. If you like, or liked, Goozex but are frustrated by the lack of activity give it a try.

fuck goozex. It was great for awhile. I maintained my lists actively but hadn't made a trade in months. I log in to do my weekly adds for all the new games hitting and notice my entire want and for trade list were deleted. All that time waiting in lines, gone. I emailed customer service multiple times and never got a response. I resorted to the forums and still never got a response. Now I'm stuck with a balance of points that essentially useless because I had them just to bank on the stuff I was waiting in line for.

The worst part, never a single response from the company after a multitude of emails.

Honestly I did like the site alot but its only as good as the members and ever since they announced that the site got sold there was a huge jumping off the ship. So now there are still a couple members trading on the page but it feels like its just the hardest core left.

Until more members start trading again the site is going to die from boredom.

haha some doofus just asked me how he could trade an XBLA game he'd bought in the MS marketplace. Glad he didn't start the trade before asking the question.

[quote name='DesertLeo']Man, Goozex, you used to be so cool.

What happened, bro?[/QUOTE]

It recently went public for one thing, now it has a CEO. I wish he would ship me a game or two :)

I had 450 points and now I'm down to 250 after requesting a couple of movies so I'm almost done.

It's funny because a lot of people said the points "economy" would be fine after that big points sale, but instead, the site tanked because nobody wanted to send games and everyone had a massive number of points. It was great while it lasted though. I got some great gems out of it.

bread's done
Back