Goozex - US vs. Canadian release

SlammedNiss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
16 (100%)
If you request a movie, and when you receive it it's a Canadian release and not the US release, do you have a valid complaint? It's still a region code 1, so it will still play in all US region code 1 players.

In your account settings, if you have Canada added to the regions you want to receive games from, then you have a commitment to allow those trades. But if the only country you have set to trade with is the USA, then I think you definitely have a valid complaint.

Personally, if it works, I wouldn't do anything about it, but that's just me. But I definitely think you have the right to do something about it if you want to.

I tried asking the question without revealing which side of the transaction I was on to get a good non-biased answer. I was actually the shipper, and the person I sent the movie to complained about it being the Canadian release. I spent a good amount of time researching this yesterday on Goozex, and never found a definite answer. From what I can tell, unless Goozex offers separate US and Canadian versions, then the Canadian version is an acceptable replacement.

I received a Canadian movie and I had no problem with it because there was only one listing. If there are separate listings, it's a problem. The receiver should give you a positive as long as there is only one listing for it.

bread's done
Back