Goozex worth it?

orbit18

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
I don't really know too much about the site, but I know games are put into point values for what they are worth. Is that site worth getting involved into, or do you not get your "points/money" worth it. Are you better off selling them elsewhere? Any experiences would help!

edit: pretty much are you getting your money's worth for the point value system they have in place?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='King J Gatz']No. Just sell you shit on craigslist and save yourself the hassle.[/QUOTE]

How is craiglist not a hassle? You gotta field so many idiots and then you get people who want to haggle and blah blah blah. Goozex is like cruise control.....the system does it all for you. Oh and btw i love Goozex. Just a little hard to get the newest games but its worth it imo.

id say its worth it, depending on what you are trying to trade. if you are trading old games that are only 100 points, then no its not worth it imo. but if you have newish games, or older games that still have a good value, then yes its a good website.

I used Goozex.com for over 1 a year and then I stopped because it my opinion it just isnt worth it. For one thing you dont get $$ you get a point system ( I would rather have cash ) .
--It is hard to get new titles
--It sometimes takes a few weeks to sell a game
--Just use Amazon and sell your games ( there commissions are low and they give you credit to take care of the shipping charges )
--IMO it is just not that great of a service :D

Absolutely worth it to me. It's not very good if you're one of those people who have to play new games right away as it can take 6 months or more after release to get a popular game.

But I'm always a good bit behind on gaming anyway (playing Assassin's Creed 2 now, Fallout 3 up next) so it's great for me.

It's super easy since the system is totally automated so you don't have the communication hassles you get with eBay or Craigslist or Amazon.

Point values for games are pretty good--it's probably not for the cheapasses who want to get the most value out of everything they sell/trade. So eBay or Craigslist is probably the way to go if you want to maximize what you get out of every game.

But for me, I don't mind the wait, don't care if I get max value (just don't want ripped off like Gamestops trade in values), and I'm busy as hell so Goozex is great for me since it's so easy to use. Just list games to offer and request, and do nothing until you get matched up. Then print out a shipping label and send it out.

Not for everyone, but I've loved the service the year and a half or so I've been using. I've never been a collector or one to replay games, so I love having such an easy way to get rid of games after beating them, and I've gotten all but 2 of my games over the past 18 months or so from them. Only games I've bought new the past couple of years were Gears 2 and MW2. Everything else I just wait for Goozex.

But again if you mind the wait, want cash instead of points, want to maximize your sales etc., then it's probably not worth it. If you want a super convenient way to just get rid of your games, and get a lot more for them than you will from Gamestop, then it's very much worth it. I care more about convenience than anything else--a lot of the games I've traded would have probably just ended up donated vs. sold in the past.

I've had a lot of success with it. As dmaul said, it's best suited for those who can wait a bit to get new games. I feel comfortable with the point system as a buyer and a seller, and of the 200 or so trades I've done, only one or two have been a hassle (and they were fixed easily/quickly). I would always recommend it and say go for it unless you're a "gotta have it now" type when it comes to games.

Yup plain and simple. Gotta have it nows need not use Goozex. I use it to catch up on games i might have missed or was on the fence about paying cash for. So i just trade something in and get another title. Easy easy

I registered during a promotion a while ago, and it gave me 100 free points and a trade token. However, I was trying to get call of duty 2 and it says one full package is available, but yet it still says a restricted trade when I look at it. Anyone know why?

bread's done
Back