Got 2 free XB360 Games, Headset, and a 60GB HD

God of War

CAGiversary!
Well I gues I should start by saying...

On January 18th 2008, I bought my XB360 Pro at Best Buy for $349. My 360 came with

1 Wireless controller
20GB Hard drive
1 Headset
1 System

And then I also purchesed the 2 Year Product Replacement Plan that Best Buy offers, because I heard about the Red Ring.

Now, just yesterday my XB got a E 74 message screen and a single red light. (This is frustrating because Im currently on a mission to get a 50 in Halo 2 and am well on my way there.)
Anyway...I took my 360 to Best Buy after this happened and they tested it and did their thing and said I could go pick up another one. So I did and came back with one that included: 1 Wireless Controller, 1 60 GB HD, 1 Headset, and 1 System, all for $299.
I was about to be on my way when the lady said that they had a different bundle and it included all of those PLUS two games (Kung Fu panda, and Lego Indiana Adventures) so I went back and got that one instead....you know, for the easy achievment points;)

So when all is said and done, I came away from this with:
1 XB360
1 60 GB hard drive (instead of my previous 20)
1 Wireless Controller
2 Games
3 1 Month XBL Accounts
2 Wired XBL Communicators (due to the fact I forgot to return the other one in the package:lol:)
and 1 $50 Gift certificate

all in exchange for:
All my saved games :bomb:
Now i just have to play for another 300 hours in Oblivion, 90 hours in GTA IV (when I was on pigeon 199)

O well, that was my adventure for the year...

[quote name='God of War'] 300 hours in Oblivion[/quote]

Everybody I know raves about this game, while I couldn't stomach it for more than 2-3 hours at most. I guess I became too used to the third person, 3/4's above view from Champions Of Norrath/Dark Alliance.

Hell, even shooters, they have to be in third person perspective before I'll even touch them.

I just don't see the big appeal to Oblivion. :roll:

Dude that sucks to hear aboyt the lost saves but at least you got some free games and stuff out of it lol.

Aren't kung fu panda and Indy Lego part of that game stop promotion where you can bring in two games and get a brand new newer game? Or has that expired?

this same thing happened to me. losing saves for 100+ games is depressing. oh and cheapestgamer you won't play first person games? thats...i don't even know what to say to that.

I cant play any game THAT long... too many other things I could do with my time... Im probably lucky to get in 5-6 hours a week... sucks that you lost all that work

[quote name='Irukandji']this same thing happened to me. losing saves for 100+ games is depressing. oh and cheapestgamer you won't play first person games? thats...i don't even know what to say to that.[/quote]

I played the original Doom and not many shooting games have really innovated and built on that concept since then. That's a personal opinion though, as I know some will say 'well in X game you can drive a car or tank or whatever'. That's all fine and well, but I want to actually play as someone other than the 'hero' against the villians.

I want a WWII game where I can be the Soviets, the Nazis or the Italians. I'm a little sick of playing as the 'good guys'.

If someone can come up with one of those that doesn't use some 'alternate timeline' thing to make it possible, I'll be happy.

Otherwise, every shooting game can have variations of every weapon ever thought up for shooting games and it'll still be a yawnfest to me.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I played the original Doom and not many shooting games have really innovated and built on that concept since then. That's a personal opinion though, as I know some will say 'well in X game you can drive a car or tank or whatever'. That's all fine and well, but I want to actually play as someone other than the 'hero' against the villians.[/QUOTE]

Well with the invention of mouselook and full 3d environments, maybe it is time to give shooters a try again. I love Doom as much as the next ID fanatic, but putting on equal level with today's shooters, or hell even Quake 1, the experiences are no where near the same. (P.S. just being a smartass because I reread Masters of Doom this week)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I want a WWII game where I can be the Soviets, the Nazis or the Italians. I'm a little sick of playing as the 'good guys'.[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty 1 and maybe 2, allow you to play as the Russians.

[quote name='dwhelan']Well with the invention of mouselook and full 3d environments, maybe it is time to give shooters a try again. I love Doom as much as the next ID fanatic, but putting on equal level with today's shooters, or hell even Quake 1, the experiences are no where near the same. (P.S. just being a smartass because I reread Masters of Doom this week)

Call of Duty 1 and maybe 2, allow you to play as the Russians.[/quote]

I tried Dark Sector and Resistance for PS3 and I was unimpressed. The blade you could use in DS was kind of innovative, but it also seemed VERY gimmicky. I just want a straight up shooter where I can play as ANY faction in WWII, not just the Russians. Although, in order to do that, a developer would have to somehow make the Nazi regime in the game less evil than their historic counterparts.

That in itself would be a hell of a challenge. But I'm sure someone could do it, even though there would be a huge furor over it.

dark sector is third person not first person. resistance is seriously over-rated. you should check out the orange box. theres something for everyone on there.

So IAmTheCheapestGamer, you dislike FPS because of the lack of "sides" you can be on? I want to see you play as a Nazi. I wonder how the game is gonna end..

SPOILERS

You die.

Have you not thought about Farcry 2 or something? Give that a spin.

when i bought my pro 360 from best buy i got the 2 year also and when i red ringed i had to pay 20 bux and i got the elite after all the price drops... best buy 2 year is the way to go

I was thinking about getting the Elite but I would've had to put an extra $50 into it (which i do not have)

[quote name='zewone']IAmTheCheapestGamer hates everything.[/QUOTE]

He loves cheap guides... and being really cheap

[quote name='zman73']He loves cheap guides... and being really cheap[/quote]

Haha! I kinda envy him because those games suck me in and steal hours of my life!!!!!!!!

Crappy 64MB memory card works great for backing up game saves. Unfortunately there's a few games (Ace Combat 6) that don't allow you to copy your game saves. :whistle2:s

How much did you pay for the product replacement plan?

Last edited by a moderator:
$50 for the product replacement plan. So since the price dropped, and I got a $50 gift card, that pretty much covered it.

bread's done
Back