Got 3 rare SNES games for 6 bucks

billyknoxville

CAGiversary!
Some kid was unloading his old SNES collection at gamecrazy, and i offered to buy some stuff with cash before he went in.

I got: Final Fight:Guy, Contra 3: Alien Wars, and Super Mario All Stars.

Some kid came in behind me, and picked up yoshi's island: SMW2 for 2 bucks, I dont know how I missed that one.

The kid thought 2 bucks was fair for each game. YEESSSssssss. 6 bucks, done.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Off a little kid. Did you steal some of their candy too?[/quote] Were you there? Did you see that it was some little kid? I'm older, so a lot of people are kids, I would call you a kid just by the way you come off. I have more decency then to rip off kids to save a few bucks.

What would be considered rare SNES games then? Earthbound, FF3, Chrono Trigger, someone please enlighten me, because I grew up with a genesis.

[quote name='doodle777_98']Off a little kid. Did you steal some of their candy too?[/quote]i would have atleast offered the kid more than what gc was going to offer, hey great that you got them cheap but you can still get a great deal and not totally rip them off, you are a fellow gamer, we are your bretheren so why post in a gamers forum to chat will fellow gamers if you rip off fellow gamers???

I would have told him... find out how much you would get for the games (might be there with him when he did it) and offer a buck more per game than GC would have given...

Sheesh, the guy paid what the person with the SNES games wanted to accept for them. I wouldn't feel bad about it at all.

What do you think GameCrazy would have paid him for the games? A lot of stores would have gave the "kid" the same amount or less.

If he wasn't with parents or friends, he would have had to been at least 16 to drive himself to the store. At 16, I would hope that he had enough reasoning ability to know not to sell the games if he thought he could easily get more for them somewhere else. If he only wanted $6 and the OP paid it, I don't think that's bad. When I was 16, a lot of "kids" would sell their old games to get cigarette money (they didn't play them anyway).

[quote name='billyknoxville'][quote name='doodle777_98']Off a little kid. Did you steal some of their candy too?[/quote] Were you there? Did you see that it was some little kid? I'm older, so a lot of people are kids, I would call you a kid just by the way you come off. I have more decency then to rip off kids to save a few bucks.

What would be considered rare SNES games then? Earthbound, FF3, Chrono Trigger, someone please enlighten me, because I grew up with a genesis.[/quote]

Correct. SMBAS isn't rare at all, in fact it was sold with the SNES for awhile. I believe I got a mail in certificate for it when I got my SNES. The rare games are mostly RPGS. Square ones in particular, such as Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. There's some Ogre Battle games too, and of course Earthbound.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']The rare games are mostly RPGS. Square ones in particular, such as Final Fantasy III, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana. There's some Ogre Battle games too, and of course Earthbound.[/quote]

No, you're mostly wrong there. Ogre Battle and Earthbound I'd say are "rare" (or at least Hard To Find), but FF3, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana most certainly aren't. They are just HIGHLY sought after and sold very quickly at most places that sell them.

Check on eBay, I'm willing to bet there's at LEAST 20 auctions running for each game at all times. I wouldn't consider a game "rare" if you can get it any time you want on eBay or at most game stores that carry the game for about 30-50.00. I can walk into any local game store and pay 40.00 at any time for any of those games, same with eBay. But if I want a SNES "Fun N Games" I'll have to do some serious searching. Thing is, when I do find it, I will only pay a few bucks for it, despite the fact that only about 2000 were actually made. Why? Cause everyone's busy plunking down 30-40-50 bucks for the "OMG R@RE" Final Fantasy 3 that had a MASSIVELY huge print run.

Final Fight Guy would be considered "rare", but DEFINATELY not SMBAS or Contra 3.

Any time a classic game sells for more than 10.00-15.00, the word "rare" is automatically associated with it. :roll:

bread's done
Back