Got a copy of Chrono Trigger for $3.33

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I was at work today (Game Crazy) and we have a classic plastic bin full of Genesis, SNES, and N64 stuff. I hadn't picked through it in a few days because there is never anything good in it. So some kid walks up holding a copy of Final Fantasy III for the SNES as well as Mariokart and Starfox. I'm thinking "You've got ot be shitting me..." For those of you not familiar with Game Crazy... All classic games are 3 for $10. So we chit chat about FFIII for a bit and how fucking amazing it is that there is a used copy sitting in that bin. So I ring him up, still baffled, and then I decide to have a look in the bin. I notice a font that looked similar to Chrono Trigger and I told myself that there is no fucking way. I pick it up and there it was. cart only but in pretty damn good condition. Sticker is in tact and the cart itself has no stains or smudges. I look some more and find a copy of Secret of Evermore.

So I picked up...

Secret of Evermore - $3.33
Chrono Trigger - $3.33
Donkey Kong Country 3 - $3.33

That's all. I'm stoked!

[quote name='Scorch']Which is why I definately check a report generation when I go to another GC store :p[/QUOTE]

I've never been to the Chula Vista GC though. :p

great score! i got mine on ebay for like 60. xrickyb86x, are there any worthwhile games still left in the bin? i feel like some CAG's would be willing to trade/buy some classics if they're still available. i've been meaning to dig through the 'classic plastics' at the two local gamecrazy's here.

Nice! I found a number of good things when I worked at gamecrazy. It's strange how those gems are still probably sitting at random stores around the country. Whenever I would go different places or come to the parents house, I'd go to the gamecrazy and usually have to describe to them how to print out inventory reports..

I got Mega Man X2 and 3 once for $5 apeice, as well as Persona, tons of good stuff on the cheap.

You said the kid bought FF3? You should have turned him upside down for his milk money :). Still, nice find. The only time i ever saw it was at a convention, and it cost 80 bucks... damn you... but it did have box and manual.

That's pretty good, the best I did once was:
Final Fantasy II (SNES)
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics 3 for 10..

Guess someone didn't want their FF collection.

bread's done
Back