got a ds again, looking for game advice

rscaramelo

CAGiversary!
Feedback
51 (100%)
I'm looking for fun games with a short learning curve. ie: not Castlevania, Final Fantasy, FullMetal Alchemist, etc.

thanks,

RC

Clubhouse Games, Phoenix Wright, Feel the Magic, Sprung (if you're into text adventures), New Super Mario Bros., Animal Crossing, Battles of Prince of Persia (if you're into turn-based card strategy), Brain Age (if you're into math and Sudoku).

As regards the GBA, I'd recommend that Pac-Man platformer/puzzler and Drill Dozer.

How bout Bombeerman Land Touch?

an adventure game where you explore diff parts of an island. completing mini games give you a piece for a zone. enough pieces allow access to other areas. prety cool game, easy, yet challenging when i played through it.

[quote name='Kawnhr']Castlevania doesn't have a short learning curve?[/quote]

no it doesn't. you hit stuff with a whip/sword/handaxe and kill it. there's puzzle solving, but that doesn't enter the learning curve equation.

~ahmed!~

Thanks for the suggestions and please keep them coming. By "short learning curve", I mean I don't want to have to get some huge backstory to understand what to do. Pick it up and play without much brainpower to figure out what I'm doing :) .

thanks again

RC

Animal Crossing Wild World
Mr. Driller Drill Spirits
Wario Ware Touched!
and even Madden 07 as it seems like you play sports games judging by your sig.

[quote name='gerald']Is Clubhouse Games worth it if u dont have wifi?[/QUOTE]

I never played it on Wi-Fi but all the games are pretty fun.

heree is a list from what i know CAGs will tell you. i asked the same whern i rebought my DS and was out of loop for awhile.

Advanced Wars
Phoenix Wright
Trauma Center
Jump Superstars
Elite beat agents
Castlevanis Dawn of Sorrow/Portrait of Ruin
Wario Ware
Final Fantasy III
Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros
Super Princess Peach
StarFox Command
Kirby canvas curse
DQ Heroes-Rocket Slime
Metroid Prime Hunters
Metroid Prime Pinball
Tetris DS
Animal Crossings Wild World
Mario and Luigi Partners in Time

those are some of the ones i remember CAGS saying that were good. and thats basically what everyone will tell you to get.

you should look to pre order
Phoenix Wright 2-Justice for all
Legend of Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Clubhouse Games is fun without Wifi but a lot more fun with it. Obviously, it depends on how much you're into card games.

I'd recommend Elite Beat Agents, Brain Age, Mario Kart, and New Super Mario Bros especially. All games that are easy to get into and have a blast with. Of those, no reason to not get EBA or Mario Kart, Brain Age is a game you gotta be into math type stuff, and Mario Bros is fun but a little short and easy.

[quote name='rlse9']Clubhouse Games is fun without Wifi but a lot more fun with it. Obviously, it depends on how much you're into card games.
[/QUOTE]

There's alot more than just card games on Clubhouse Games--stuff like board games, darts, etc.

Well worth it, with or without Wifi, if you like those sorts of games.

Final Fantasy V Advance... seriously...
They did a great job what I can see so far... the new translation is really good.
This game is great even 14 years after it came out.

Well I've picked up Trace Memory, Trauma Center, Rocket Slime and Gunstar Super Heroes (gba). I'm pleased with these choices. I also have Winning Eleven DS coming via PlayAsia. Curious to see how that will work on DS since I'm a big fan of the series. It was on sale for 19.99.

RC

bread's done
Back