got an interview at Target in a few hrs any suggestions?

CaoPi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
144 (100%)
open interview at my local target likely to get hired since open interviews are pretty easy to find a job! Anyone here work at Target before? I had a friend who worked there and got fired for not taking breaks on time! so He can't work at any Target again. :roll:

My sister worked at target, or what she calls the cult. They are a cult she said if she was seen shopping at wal-mart, K-mart etc she would be fired. They were super tight with security she would not even be done ringing people up and Loss prevention would call her on the phone and tell her that the person has something on the bottom of the cart. They payed a little above minimum wage and discount was only 10%. If you cant get another job somewhere else just go for it.

I heard some of the same things about Target... they're really strict. Go for it, if you can get it... but, if the pay sucks, keep looking for other jobs.

Actually the break thing isn't as little as it seems, idiot really should have known better. Anyhow just go in and swear to god you'd never steal, won't have a problem showing up for work on time, will rarely take sick days and love Target.

I used to work at Target.. get a better job if you can. Most likely you'll get the job since they are always looking for help, but it made me condemn retail jobs. I worked 3 months from the end of October until the beginning of January, which might have made me hate the job more, but I also had shitty supervisors and a shitty salary.

Don't work overnight, it's the worst job ever! Cashiering can be pretty bad too. Target's interview are easy though, or at least I thought it was.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Don't work overnight, it's the worst job ever! Cashiering can be pretty bad too. Target's interview are easy though, or at least I thought it was.[/QUOTE]

This man speaks the truth...

The early (or late) shift whatever you want to call it sucks..

It starts at 3am during Christmas season, and it ends whenever you finish. I worked until 5 pm the next day a few times... never again.

If you insist at working for Target i'd suggest asset protection.. seems a lot more fun then slaving for 8.75.

Don't work in retail, man. I wasn't kidding with my earlier post.

I worked at Kmart for five years. Aside from meeting some cool people, getting laid for the first time and other neat stuff like that... it kinda eats ass, really. I fucked my back all up and had to get spinal surgery a few months ago.

Dealing with customers is trite and dealing with managers is even worse... especially female managers whom try to compensate for penis-less void in their panties.

I mean, it can be fun... but you'll probably wind up debating suicide by boxcutter in the back strockroom a few times per shift.

[quote name='Calamityuponthee']This man speaks the truth...

The early (or late) shift whatever you want to call it sucks..

It starts at 3am during Christmas season, and it ends whenever you finish. I worked until 5 pm the next day a few times... never again.

If you insist at working for Target i'd suggest asset protection.. seems a lot more fun then slaving for 8.75.[/QUOTE]

I worked two days before I told them I didn't want to work over-night anymore. It was horrible, I got there at 12:00A.M. they asked me to stay until 3:00P.M. (And when I say "asked" I mean they made it seem like I would be fired if I could work double shifts), I had to do like every job. I had to lift heavy boxes up very dangerous and steep laders, scan and memorize all these codes for each item, and clean the entire store with the exception of the Garden Center every morning at 7:00A.M. I was only getting paid $7.25 an hour too. I was all pale because of the weird hours I never got any sun, plus it messed with my head getting to sleep at 3:00P.M. and waking up at 11ish. They even tried giving me shit about using my employee discount for the first three weeks.

Luckily they let be cashier when I told them the night thing wasn't working, but that was only slightly better. I got a job a UPS soon after which was soooooo much better.

I worked overnight there for a few months. It was the worst job I have ever had. I was usually scheduled to go in at 3 am and leave around 8 or 9 am but that was NEVER the case. That is what made the job so sucky. You had nothing to look forward to in your day. You would be working hard thinking that your going to get to go home but they never let you go home on time. A lot of jobs your happy to get in some more hours but for some reason this was not one of those. The first day I worked there I worked a 12 hour shift. I loved the manual labor part of the job and hated all the other crap they threw in.
On a positive note, if you need some inspiration to do good in school get a job working overnight at Target for awhile.

Target sucks, they hired me and were grooming me to be a grocery team lead, and then under my nose they started training some other girl...so I told them to shove it and walked out. I was not staying there without hope of promotion...but I'm still in retail and loving it...so I hope your Target isn't shady like mine....

PS... They really push the TEAM thing and I mean HARDCORE, meaning if you work at night, you don't leave until the entire sales floor team is done. Example: I worked in grocery and frozen food, and we were always the first ones done even though it was just 2 of us (we busted our ass every night) and then our reward....GO HELP IN fuckING SHOES...its BULLSHIT! Sorry for the rant...but I hate that place...

threads like this make me happy that I don't throw stock anymore. I get paid almost 10 dollars an hour to cut fruit :)

This thread rocks. I thought I was the only one who had a sincere hatred for this place.

We have a Wal-mart, Target (which just got a remodel, it's fucking huge now), and K-Mart. Target is by far the most presentable and clean.. I wonder why, because people slave there from all hours of the night till after the sun comes up.

And the person who posted the team stuff hit it right on the head... I unloaded the truck (which was a pain in the ass, but it was actually my favorite part of the job) and then after I put the product on the floor. We were each given a section, and timed. It was ridiculous. I had like 3 pallets filled with snacks each time and he gave me an hour to do it.. Even if I finished on time what reward do I get? Oh yeah, I get to help stock electronics and put a million cd's and DVDs up.

Retail sucks, and target sucks even more.

Moral of the story: Go to college.

My sister's lazy ass boyfriend works at the local Target, though for how long remains a mystery.

I also know a former teacher that retired, but got bored so she works there too. Oh, and a friend of mine who got fired from the theater applied and got the job only to move to Kentucky just a few days before his first day on the job.

I know it helps a lot to give off a good image. I can get away with most of my flaws because they have such a positive opinion of me. Sure I'm not perfect, but they've never written me up for making a mistake or for leaning on the counter (which I don't do anymore because of shoulder pain). It turns out that the hiring manager at my first job liked me becuase I had good references, lots of availability, and I admitted to being shy (a nice way of saying I'm an asshole that doesn't like most people). She said she was shy too when she first started, and hired me on the spot. Then she hired me again without so much as an application at the other theater. So good first impressions go a long way to success.

bread's done
Back