got an old video card? looking for ds games? click here

squirrel007

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I recently bought cs:s only to find out how bad my video card is... Im getting terrible fps so i need a new card. If you have a decent card you are willing to part with, please consider this. I need a card that will give me a decent framerate, my friend has a 128mb and is getting 30-40 fps so im looking for something simular. I think my pc only has pci slots so thats what i need.

These are my games.

mario kart ds
metroid prime hunters
sims 2
starfox command
lego starwars 2
eragon
new super mario bros

pm me saying which ones you want *please help*
Edit: I do have agp

I have a 9800PRO which will run CS:S unfortunately it's AGP. I find it hard to believe your pc only has a pci slot or do you mean PCI-E

[quote name='magiic']I have a 9800PRO which will run CS:S unfortunately it's AGP. I find it hard to believe your pc only has a pci slot or do you mean PCI-E[/quote]

^OP, the 9800 Pro is a good budget card for CS: Source, I used to own one. It gave me 1024 resolution, full settings, and 60 fps. Performance takes a hit when you put in AA and AF but the game looks superb without them, and you can't expect all the bells and whistles from a $50 to $60 card.

Ya I've played all the steam games on the 9800 and they work like a dream as long as you stay reasonable with the settings. I bought a 6800GS OC a year ago to replace it though. So I can get rid of the 9800pro now.

bread's done
Back