Got classic controllers, got questions too

Travelsized

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So I picked up a pair of classic controllers tonight, and I'm confused about a couple of things.

First, the shoulder L/R buttons definitely have the GC analog+digital click feel to them. IGN says they're not analog, but they have a lot of give to them before you get to the click. Has anyone else heard anything about the shoulders being analog? I wonder if I can use the classic controller to play a GameCube game?

Second, there's a little spring loaded button on the top in between the Z buttons. When you push it down, it opens up some sort of catch on the back of the controller. When you get the paper backer out of the packaging, it labels every button except this one in a diagram. I had heard several months ago that the Wiimote would attach to the back of the CC, and that's what this looks like it would be for. Unfortunately, there's no clip or anything to actually hook them together. Any info on this?

Beyond that, I'll say that the D-pad on the Wiimote is very tiny, but the one on the CC is much bigger, about the size of the D-pad on my original DS. The tiny d-pad on the Wiimote isn't a bad thing, though, as it keeps all four sides within reach of my thumb.

[quote name='Travelsized']I had heard several months ago that the Wiimote would attach to the back of the CC, and that's what this looks like it would be for. Unfortunately, there's no clip or anything to actually hook them together. Any info on this? [/quote]

I've seen pictures of them piggybacked. It's probably just one of those things that works with no real reason (like the GameCube mic stand. It doesn't look like it should snap onto your controller and stay put, but it does).

Props on getting them early though, anything Nintendo branded (controllers, cables, games) are supposed to be street dated.

bread's done
Back