Got my BBQ website up and running!!

RAZORBACK2015

CAG Veteran
Hey guys, we finally got our Happy Hog BBQ website up and running. This is something that my friend and I have been doing for years locally, but have finally went wordwide...ha! We have won many local awards. Check it out and let me know what you think.

http://www.happyhogbbq.webs.com/

[quote name='mtxbass1']That music definitely has to go.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but my friend (that owns the majority of the business) likes it. Maybe a little feedback can change his mind.

It's not the tune itself that's the problem. It's that it's playing on a webpage and you can't shut it off. That trend needed to die back in the late 90's. It's a major turn off for a lot of people when they can't shut the music off. I hit back before I could even venture past your menu because I couldn't stand the sound.

[quote name='mtxbass1']It's not the tune itself that's the problem. It's that it's playing on a webpage and you can't shut it off. That trend needed to die back in the late 90's. It's a major turn off for a lot of people when they can't shut the music off. I hit back before I could even venture past your menu because I couldn't stand the sound.[/QUOTE]

The music is gone now. Deleted. Trashed. Thanks for the feedback.:bouncy:

[quote name='RAZORBACK2015']The music is gone now. Deleted. Trashed. Thanks for the feedback.:bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Awesome. The rest looks good IMO. Nothing too fancy, but it definitely doesn't need to be. Pics of the food look good. Makes me hungry actually.

I'm the type of guy who immediately notices spelling errors... most of the time, anyway. Upon visiting the site, I had this bolded headline slap me in the face:

"BAR B QUE IS OUR SPECIALITY BUT WE WILL CATER TO ANYONES NEEDS"

Anyone's needs an apostrophe, and it's not "speciality". It's "specialty".

Other than that, it looks good. I could use some beef brisket right about now.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm the type of guy who immediately notices spelling errors... most of the time, anyway. Upon visiting the site, I had this bolded headline slap me in the face:

"BAR B QUE IS OUR SPECIALITY BUT WE WILL CATER TO ANYONES NEEDS"

Anyone's needs an apostrophe, and it's not "speciality". It's "specialty".

Other than that, it looks good. I could use some beef brisket right about now.[/QUOTE]

Fixed. Thanks a million!!!

So long as you are open to suggestions for improving grammar and writing, the blurb on the side of the page could be rewritten. I've taken the liberty, but don't really have reservations on whether or not you might choose to use it.

I started cooking bar-b-que in 1993 and have spent countless hours perfecting the great taste of true southern style technique. We ventured into competitive cooking contests five years ago and have won titles year after yearin ribs, pork, beef, and chicken. I've developed and perfected a dry rub over a long period of time, and now I'm making it available to anyone wanting to add the great taste of my bar-b-que to their own meals. It is the same rub that we have used to win every one of our titles and cement our legacy. Now it is time to share my passion of cooking southern style bar-b-que with you.

You know, just a suggestion.

Also, you still need to put an apostrophe in the "Anyones" like Matt Young suggested.

You also might think about writing "bar be que" the same way every single time. Sometimes you use hypens and sometimes you don't. Try to settle on one way and use it repeatedly. I think we Texans just call it "barbeque" and be done with it, but I recognize there might be tension between our states in this particular area, heh.

Good luck with the site and your bidness - I'll look you guys up if I'm ever in the area.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Awesome. The rest looks good IMO. Nothing too fancy, but it definitely doesn't need to be. Pics of the food look good. Makes me hungry actually.[/QUOTE]

:drool:

I love me some Carolina BBQ though. Makes me want to go get some (imitation) bbq right now. The place I buy from here is decent, but a far cry from the real stuff at a legit pig pickin' out in the sticks!

How about a CAG coupon for the dry rub? I would buy it to help a CAG out but $8 is a bit high for a rub that I haven't tried.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spoo']How about a CAG coupon for the dry rub? I would buy it to help a CAG out but $8 is a bit high for a rub that I haven't had tried.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'd give it a try. I BBQ ribs all the time in the warmer months.

How about offering a half-sized amount for half price or, perhaps a promotion where you give out a little sample packet in exchange for something else from the consumer. Address information obviously, but I don't know what value that would be to you.

Maybe an advertising agreement or some sort? I dunno. But yea, the awards and such make it sound promising, but like any other taste thing, its a matter of personal preference, so having a cheaper way to try it would be helpful, at least from our perspective.

Let me talk with Mike and I will let you guys know about maybe a discount/and or samples that can be sent out. Thanks for all the interest and feedback guys!!

bread's done
Back