Got PAID to play Borderlands

paper_chocobo

CAGiversary!
Back in August I picked up 2 copies of Borderlands GOTY for $10 each. 100% completed the game (1750 gamerscore!) last week and then took them to Gamestop to trade in (one at a time, since GS doesn't let you trade mulitple copies of the same game) . The GS in my neighborhood adds 50% to trade ins for power up members netting me $14.50 per copy.

I just got paid $9 to play Borderlands for 6 weeks :bouncy:

Mad Moxxi was the only DLC I didnt play from the game .....but cant wait till Borderlands 2 comes out ....looks like its gonna be good

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']where did you get borderlands: Goty for xbox 360 for $10? The cheapest i've found a copy was for $20 new from gamestop.[/quote]

best buy

Well technically you got paid for buying and reselling.
You could have not played at all and had the same financial result ;)

I got paid ~$10,000 to play Gears of War 2 for three months (90 hours a week) in 2008. Way better than $9 - then again it's not really a fair comparison since I was employed as a tester ;).

[quote name='Doomstink']I got paid ~$10,000 to play Gears of War 2 for three months (90 hours a week) in 2008. Way better than $9 - then again it's not really a fair comparison since I was employed as a tester ;).[/QUOTE]

:drool:

[quote name='Hybrid5006']best buy[/QUOTE]

Lucky, I had the employee scan a copy last month and he claimed it was $40. Did I get screwed over by a Best Buy employee or was that a "Your Mileage May Vary" deal only during August?

Then again, I'm guessing that was the version where the DLC was a token/piece of paper with a code. Now that I think about it the version I had scanned was the DLC on disc version.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Lucky, I had the employee scan a copy last month and he claimed it was $40. Did I get screwed over by a Best Buy employee or was that a "Your Mileage May Vary" deal only during August?

Then again, I'm guessing that was the version where the DLC was a token/piece of paper with a code. Now that I think about it the version I had scanned was the DLC on disc version.[/QUOTE]

In July, Best Buy had Borderlands GOTY for XB360 for $10. It was the version with the DLC on the disk. Not sure why they clearanced it out, maybe they meant to clearance out the one with the DLC codes but messed up. Anyway it traded into Best Buy for $20.80 so they disappeared very quickly. When they were eventually restocked they were no longer on clearance and the price was back to $40.

bread's done
Back