Got PayPal?

Yeah, I've had an account for a while now. I've heard of people having bad experiences, but I've never had a one. *knocks on wood*

It's just so damn convenient and you don't have to worry about giving your cc number to every Tom, Dick, and Harry out there.

One drawback is that I never imagine it as "real money" so once money ends up in my PayPal account, from Ebay payment or money for a trade, I blow it on stupid shit, because it's like it's not out of my "pocket" so it doesn't count.

I've been a Paypal user for 4 years now. That's not saying much because I don't use it very often. In fact, I'll only use it when it doesn't cost me anything. Otherwise, they can fuck off.

Remember the days of free paypal? Remember the days of "sign up a friend and get $10?" Ah, those were some good times...

[quote name='daphatty']I've been a Paypal user for 4 years now. That's not saying much because I don't use it very often. In fact, I'll only use it when it doesn't cost me anything. Otherwise, they can fuck off.

Remember the days of free paypal? Remember the days of "sign up a friend and get $10?" Ah, those were some good times...[/quote]

It doesn't cost any money to make a payment, like for an auction, right? When does it cost you money? I'm curious b/c if i have been paying than i haven't even noticed.

I've been using it as long as daphatty. It's great.

The only bad experience I had with it was that some dudes thought they could take advantage of me buy sending me bills for auctions I never bid on. All because I bought a stuffed animal for my gf on Ebay...they thought I would pay them out of stupidity.

That was only once, I haven't gotten any other crap like that since then. Apparently now I have a $2.99 credit on Paypal though, I think that's pretty cool.

[quote name='"basketkase543']
It doesn't cost any money to make a payment, like for an auction, right? When does it cost you money? I'm curious b/c if i have been paying than i haven't even noticed.[/quote]

I think you only have to pay if you're getting sent money or setting up an auction. However, I have it linked up to my bank account, it may be different if you're using a credit card.

Linking it to a credit card does cost you money if you actually make a payment using the card. If you confirm the account with your real checking account, then it costs you nothing to make payments.

Now to receive payments, that's another story... I won't use them for that anymore. Ebay makes enough off of my auctions. Why should I pay them more to receive payments through paypal? (Ebay owns paypal now in case you didn't know.)

Nothing beats a good ol check or money order. I don't like people having my CC number or charging me fees on a sale.

If you use Paypal, the seller doesn't get your credit card number. Paypal has it, and they send money from your PP account to the seller's. And account fraud can occur with a check also [if you sent me a check, I could take the routing number and account number from it and call pretty much any 'As Seen On Tv' place and buy something.] Money order, however, is pretty much foolproof--for me, it's much more inconvenient. I used to get cashier's checks from the bank, but they also used to be free.
If someone charges back the PayPal fee in an auction, I don't bid on it. That's a crock.
I've had PP for probably 4-5 years also. Never had a problem. Not a real big seller or buyer, but it's ultra convenient when I do use it.

[quote name='Scrubking']Nothing beats a good ol check or money order. I don't like people having my CC number or charging me fees on a sale.[/quote] Do you own a credit card? If you dont', it's gotta be hard to get in on some of these deals, right? Doesn't EB (online) only take credit/debit?

you did inspire me but by the time i got an account the gAme i wanted was gone oh well now i have money on paypal i cant use. do they charge you to transfer the money backl????

[quote name='m_d_amore']you did inspire me but by the time i got an account the gAme i wanted was gone oh well now i have money on paypal i cant use. do they charge you to transfer the money backl????[/quote]

ofcourse not, but lets hope you didnt transfer the moola using a CC then there goes your 3%.

important rant
there really isn't a "safe" way of payment for anything, paying with CC at at resturaunt or anywhere is actually never safe, if they have an older machine, it prints with your whole CC#, also private party ATMs like the ones you see in malls and 7-11s can be rigged to save your info and extracted by the owner, your garbage is being filtered for stubs, account info and those hated "0% interest if you sign up" junk mail ,between trip to your cans and to the dump. someone can take your money order and never send in return, if you send check, you've just revealed your account number. i trust people in general, because how else can you function normally in this screwed up world. while fake paypal and ebay letters' being sent, asking for an "update" of your fawking credit information, how stupid do you think i am? if you have a million dollars in the bank thats FDIC insured, they only insure a max of 100k, which originates partially from our taxes, no one is safe!

all of you just let ppl know you have a paypal account which broadens your chances of exploiting your information.

if you receive those paypal/ebay emails asking for an update on your account or sign in through the e-mail... dont be lame and fall for it yea. lets not let those crooks succede. go to the actual site and see what they want. and scan your computers with Spybot available here: http://www.safer-networking.org/ which is FREE! you probably already have your bowser hijacked and not know it. also Ad-adware does not fix hijacks. I use both just in case.

The easiest way to screw paypal is make a personal account and only accept bank transfers, wait till you have about $300 built up, upgrade your account to premier and then withdraw all your money and close your account.
Thus all paypal money is absolutely free (aside from the cost they charge to send a check)
Never ever ever add your bank account with paypal, they aren't a real bank so they can steal money from you whenever they want.

bread's done
Back