Got rear ended, idiot says I cut her off

[quote name='confoosious']He's saying that's what SHE claims, not what he did.

I'm waiting for OP to post a diagram of what he actually did.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh gotcha, my bad.

[quote name='ITDEFX']so.............have you had sex with her yet? That's what usually happens in the movies...[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I read something about glitter and a pooper.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']If the lady actually had the amount of damage that you said she did, and she did not insist on having an officer come out and check the damage, I think it is clear she knows she was at fault. Just keep sticking to your story, and let her try and come after you in court. I wouldn't even have bothered with the attorney, but if it gives you piece of mind then that's fine. As long as you are not the one lying, you shouldn't feel nervous in court, if it comes to that. Likely her lies or her witness's lies will show.[/QUOTE]

I disagree. Not sure the facts of your case, but typically if someone rear ends you, they are going to be held responsible.

My dad was a semi-driver and someone did actually what this lady claims happened. They changed lanes and immediately turned. He didn't have enough stopping power in the semi and rear ended her. Judge said you rear ended her, it's your fault. So I'm skeptical that even if she could prove that the poster did what she said he did that she could even win. Because the damage on his truck is entirely on the back of his truck and not his side. Thus, even if he didn't give her much time, she still should have saw he was coming into the lane and stopped in time.

I also wouldn't put much faith in her witness (assuming she has one and she's just not trying to get you to admit guilt). Ground angles could be tricky particularly for someone who was talking to friends and possibly eating and not giving 100% attention to the road. Assuming the judge finds them to be a reliable witness, they still probably couldn't see the center divider from their location which is what they would need to do to definitely be able to say you did exactly what the lady said. Then they'd have to determine when you merged and when the accident occurred and if that was enough time for her to avoid it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why I am super alert when driving/turning, especially if the other fuck is on the phone/texting.

Ok, on a two lane left turn intersection I was on the left lane and the bitch was on the right lane. The left lane is the only lane that can make a U-turn and not her lane. I proceed with my left lane u-turn and the bitch decides to make an illegal u-turn and nearly hitting me. She didn't give a fuck because she was on her damn phone. I honk her and she gives me the finger. So it's my fault she nearly hit me on an illegal u-turn?

[quote name='kodave']OP was unclear at first but it's not that hard...

Here is the road, more or less:
9NsLB.png

Here is what OP says happened:
FIvt6.png

Here is what the other driver says happened:
qFT38.png
[/QUOTE]

another quick thing if that was really the road why would there be that much damage i mean your at a red light you turn left .. your going what 5 or 10 mph cause your going to turn right right after the light or less...

if there is alot of damage done to her car that could be more proof that the OP did cut them off... ALSO where is damage done to her car

Just count your blessings that her lawyer will probably never randomly stumble across the off topic section of a videogame deals website's forums and sees kodave's pictures.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Just count your blessings that her lawyer will probably never randomly stumble across the off topic section of a videogame deals website's forums and sees kodave's pictures.[/QUOTE]

I'd say if that lawyer comes here, he'd probably agree to settle the case for a complete copy of Earthbound.

[quote name='ITDEFX']I honk her and she gives me the finger. So it's my fault she nearly hit me on an illegal u-turn?[/QUOTE]

Not really on topic, but that's the way people are nowadays. I had one of my more patient days one day. This driver cut me off, I was going 65 mph and I had to get on the breaks hard and come down to 25 mph. I gave them 3-4 car lengths and a half of a mile to get up to a reasonable speed and they were going 50 mph. So I proceeded to pass and they made me get up to 80 mph to pass (I always complete passes when I start them) and I see them giving me the finger in my rear view mirror. Yep, sorry I was on your road that day.

I got flicked off the other day too on a four lane highway when a biker almost merged under my front right tire. Guess I shouldn't get in the left lane when anybody is the right lane either.

[quote name='slidecage']
if there is alot of damage done to her car that could be more proof that the OP did cut them off... ALSO where is damage done to her car[/QUOTE]

She has a hard case in front of her. Cars now adays are made to crumple to save the driver. One of my "smart" moments I stepped out of my truck without putting on the parking break. My truck traveled about 30 feet and did not go faster than 15 mph then proceeded directly into a tree. About $6,500 in damage was caused.

My point is that just because she has late reactions doesn't mean she got cut off. His damage is clearly in the rear of the car. If her damage is on the left side of her car, she may convince the judge to hear her out, but even then she could of swerved and breaked at the same time causing the damage to be on the left side. I think she has a tough road ahead of her. The witness is going to be asked to give specifics about how far apart the cars were spaced and at which point breaking occurred for each driver. The minute the witness says "I think" the judge will kindly ask them to leave to because judges don't care what people "think" they saw.

bread's done
Back