Got Suikoden IV?

Sweet! I just checked with gamestop.com and it says that the game and the artbook just shipped! Looks like I'll get one afterall, that thing looks soooo cool!

and thanks masha for taunting me.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='floormat']
ziononverfire

Worked out so well last time ¿? what did I miss ¿? bleh wait may its better I dont know... =P[/quote]

If your curious ask blueweltall or masha about it, I'm not really going to drop something like that in a thread with a different purpose.[/quote]

I can't talk. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmy lips are sealed (factory sealed) :ziplip:

_)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Sweet! I just checked with gamestop.com and it says that the game and the artbook just shipped! Looks like I'll get one afterall, that thing looks soooo cool!

and thanks masha for taunting me.[/quote]

Great news!

You are welcome :D

[quote name='masha'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='floormat']
ziononverfire

Worked out so well last time ¿? what did I miss ¿? bleh wait may its better I dont know... =P[/quote]

If your curious ask blueweltall or masha about it, I'm not really going to drop something like that in a thread with a different purpose.[/quote]

I can't talk. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmy lips are sealed (factory sealed) :ziplip:

_)[/quote]

Ahhh well then bluewetall he must ask if he's curious.

[quote name='Fatesealer']I miss the battle music from the PSM demo movie... :whistle2:([/quote]

No wait... it's in there... it's the boss battle music... :p

I traded in some junk at EB (for the 3 for extra $10 credit) and got the game, guide, and artbook for ~$38 ($15 total in credit, 30% off guide w/ game = $4.80 off guide).

Seems I now have the 'fortress' and I can now begin recruiting the 108 Stars of Destiny... that happened fairly quickly... :)

[quote name='Fatesealer']Seems I now have the 'fortress' and I can now begin recruiting the 108 Stars of Destiny... that happened fairly quickly... :)[/quote]

Thanks for ruining the game! :wink:

lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05

Why do you even pay for the guide? I have yet to come across a Japanese RPG that wasn't beatable without one, and even if you get it discounted, it's still ten dollars spent.

[quote name='ChrisXE']lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05[/quote]

Those bastards! :lol: I'm guessing this book will be hard to find. I'm going to check my gamestop tommorrow to see if they have any artbook in stock. :wink:

[quote name='gnawingonfoot']Why do you even pay for the guide? I have yet to come across a Japanese RPG that wasn't beatable without one, and even if you get it discounted, it's still ten dollars spent.[/quote]

It's the collector in me I tell you... I don't use it to win the game...

While on topic so to speak, is anyone else finding this game to be the easiest (next to the first one) ot the Suikoden series? I've only seen the Game Over screen once...

[quote name='ChrisXE']lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05[/quote]

They did the same exact thing to me. After a few hours they shipped the artbook.

[quote name='Lizard Axe'][quote name='ChrisXE']lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05[/quote]

They did the same exact thing to me. After a few hours they shipped the artbook.[/quote]

Does anyone have a figure on how many artbooks they made?

Or are they still making them?

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Lizard Axe'][quote name='ChrisXE']lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05[/quote]

They did the same exact thing to me. After a few hours they shipped the artbook.[/quote]

Or are they still making them?[/quote]

If:
-You want one but can't find one
-Your store doesn't have any or didnt get them
-Your best bet now is to Ebay for it

Then yes, they made enough... :lol:

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Lizard Axe'][quote name='ChrisXE']lol lord, gamestop shipped my game and I already got it but no artbook, then they canceled my artbookl, but now it uncanceled it with ETA: 1/11/05[/quote]

Or are they still making them?[/quote]

If:
-You want one but can't find one
-Your store doesn't have any or didnt get them
-Your best bet now is to Ebay for it

Then yes, they made enough... :lol:[/quote]

I'm just curious if I could ebay it in a week or 2 for $20.

Actually one is already selling for $17 with a day left.

I called all the GameStops in the area, they were either sold out of the game or don't have any artbooks left. Called EB and they only got 1 copy of the artbook left. Went by and picked it up a few hours ago, along with the guide book. No Suikoden IV art book left within a 10 milel radius.

Considering how much the guidebook for Suikoden 2 is going for these days, I should sealed it away for my retirement fund. :lol:

I just got off the phone with gamestop.com and they said that the artbook did not get in in time to be shipped with the game (konami was slow about it). the goods is that htey shipped it out shortly after. So all of you who ordered from them should be recieveing it soon.

I would assume it's the same with ebgames.com.

HURRAY!

[quote name='stormenmormon']I just got off the phone with gamestop.com and they said that the artbook did not get in in time to be shipped with the game (konami was slow about it). the goods is that htey shipped it out shortly after. So all of you who ordered from them should be recieveing it soon.

HURRAY![/quote]

That's great news for people who preordered it.

Now zion can sleep better. :wink:

Several GameStops I called didn't even know an art book existed. :roll: You better check out your local EBs and grab it ASAP if they have it. Most stores did not order that many copies and were sold out on the first day.

[quote name='masha'][quote name='stormenmormon']I just got off the phone with gamestop.com and they said that the artbook did not get in in time to be shipped with the game (konami was slow about it). the goods is that htey shipped it out shortly after. So all of you who ordered from them should be recieveing it soon.

HURRAY![/quote]

That's great news for people who preordered it.

Now zion can sleep better. :wink:[/quote]

Or sleep richer, go high ebay prices.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']Several GameStops I called didn't even know an art book existed. :roll: You better check out your local EBs and grab it ASAP if they have it. Most stores did not order that many copies and were sold out on the first day.[/quote]

Yeah I asked this girl that was working at ebgames if they have the art book and she pointed to the OSG instead. I also called gamestop and the guy doesn't even know what Suikoden is.

Is this game really that bad? I think it look pretty cool.

I am liking it so far. The game starts with optional tutorials (you get the choice of skipping the part where they hold your hand through the games' combat system, etc.) and really brings back the feel of the first game. The interface looks more streamlined to resemble the first game too, unlike the cluttered GUI from 3. It doesn't feel like how they tried to reinvent the wheel with the third game. I am digging it.

Of course, if you preferred the classy anime styling of the characters compared to the kind from 3, you'll find 4 more enjoyable too.

Suikoden IV over and done... total time 25 hours... satisfying ending (nothing earthshattering like past Suiko games)... all 108 Stars gotten. And to keep this spoilerfree, I think the difficulty of the game seriously goes from kind of hard to insanely easy once you recruit ***. Coupled with Fate (that's what I named the hero), Kika (equipped with a Fury Rune), and Mitsubi (sp?), I could play through the game on Auto battle and lose none of the random battles.

[quote name='Fatesealer']Suikoden IV over and done... total time 25 hours... satisfying ending (nothing earthshattering like past Suiko games)... all 108 Stars gotten. And to keep this spoilerfree, I think the difficulty of the game seriously goes from kind of hard to insanely easy once you recruit ***. Coupled with Fate (that's what I named the hero), Kika (equipped with a Fury Rune), and Mitsubi (sp?), I could play through the game on Auto battle and lose none of the random battles.[/quote]

Yeah well he is suppose to be a god like character, anyhow 25 hours that's not to bad. Thanks for the update.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Fatesealer']Suikoden IV over and done... total time 25 hours... satisfying ending (nothing earthshattering like past Suiko games)... all 108 Stars gotten. And to keep this spoilerfree, I think the difficulty of the game seriously goes from kind of hard to insanely easy once you recruit ***. Coupled with Fate (that's what I named the hero), Kika (equipped with a Fury Rune), and Mitsubi (sp?), I could play through the game on Auto battle and lose none of the random battles.[/quote]

Yeah well he is suppose to be a god like character, anyhow 25 hours that's not to bad. Thanks for the update.[/quote]

I think every Suikoden has that 'god like' character. And once that person is found, they usually never leave my party... :)

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Fatesealer']Suikoden IV over and done... total time 25 hours... satisfying ending (nothing earthshattering like past Suiko games)... all 108 Stars gotten. And to keep this spoilerfree, I think the difficulty of the game seriously goes from kind of hard to insanely easy once you recruit ***. Coupled with Fate (that's what I named the hero), Kika (equipped with a Fury Rune), and Mitsubi (sp?), I could play through the game on Auto battle and lose none of the random battles.[/quote]

Yeah well he is suppose to be a god like character, anyhow 25 hours that's not to bad. Thanks for the update.[/quote]

I think every Suikoden has that 'god like' character. And once that person is found, they usually never leave my party... :)[/quote]

Who were your god like character in Suikoden and Suikoden 2?

[quote name='Lizard Axe']Looks like Gamestop.com got more of the art books. My order went from saying Pre-Release 1/11/05 to Processing.[/quote]

My went like that too. Than it went back to 1/11/05. Hmm is there a chance I'm not going to get the art book? I'm kinda worry now.

[quote name='blueweltall']Who were your god like character in Suikoden and Suikoden 2?[/quote]

Flik in 1, McDohl in 2...

[quote name='Fatesealer'][quote name='blueweltall']Who were your god like character in Suikoden and Suikoden 2?[/quote]

Flik in 1, McDohl in 2...[/quote]

Yeah I like McDohl too but I don't know about Flik in 1.

[quote name='slidecage']Rented it .... Glad i didnt buy it Dont like it one bit.. The map in the corner reminds me of FFX and Star ocean for the ps2[/quote]

Don't 50% of RPG's now have that map? =P

Whats werid Is i almost cant stand to play any of the new RPG coming for the major systems but I can sit there and play one on the GBA for hours. Maybe since i can play and watch tv at same time :)

[quote name='zionoverfire']Well Suikoden 4 just came in and the art book came with it. Happy day!

off to ebay I go![/quote]

Really? My game shipped but my art book is on backordered. :(

How much is the art book going for now on ebay? Some cag is trying to sell it to me for $35 shipped. He say that's what it's going for on ebay. I know the highest it went was $27 when it first came out and the price is dropping. The last two ended in $15 shipped. I watch almost all of this. So is $35 a good price or the cag is trying to get more than what's it worth?

[quote name='tomcat']How much is the art book going for now on ebay? Some cag is trying to sell it to me for $35 shipped. He say that's what it's going for on ebay. I know the highest it went was $27 when it first came out and the price is dropping. The last two ended in $15 shipped. I watch almost all of this. So is $35 a good price or the cag is trying to get more than what's it worth?[/quote]

Shame on him! I think $15 sounds about right. $27 Was the first auction for the artbook. It will be $35 in 5 years :)

[quote name='masha'][quote name='tomcat']How much is the art book going for now on ebay? Some cag is trying to sell it to me for $35 shipped. He say that's what it's going for on ebay. I know the highest it went was $27 when it first came out and the price is dropping. The last two ended in $15 shipped. I watch almost all of this. So is $35 a good price or the cag is trying to get more than what's it worth?[/quote]

Shame on him! I think $15 sounds about right. $27 Was the first auction for the artbook. It will be $35 in 5 years :)[/quote]

Yeah shame on you mister! Shame! Shame! Shame! on you mister *cough* Manimal *cough* Shame!

[quote name='tomcat'][quote name='masha'][quote name='tomcat']How much is the art book going for now on ebay? Some cag is trying to sell it to me for $35 shipped. He say that's what it's going for on ebay. I know the highest it went was $27 when it first came out and the price is dropping. The last two ended in $15 shipped. I watch almost all of this. So is $35 a good price or the cag is trying to get more than what's it worth?[/quote]

Shame on him! I think $15 sounds about right. $27 Was the first auction for the artbook. It will be $35 in 5 years :)[/quote]

Yeah shame on you mister! Shame! Shame! Shame! on you mister *cough* Manimal *cough* Shame![/quote]

Yeah well I can at least tell you that such behavior is very rare for this site.

i finally got around to playing this, and although im only an hour in im having alot of fun playing it! they abttle system is good again and i like how they throw you right into the game (within seconds youre in a battle) and dont waste time with a 20 min back story.

nice to see konami on the right track again after the mess they made with suikoden 3 ^^

[quote name='slidecage']Whats werid Is i almost cant stand to play any of the new RPG coming for the major systems but I can sit there and play one on the GBA for hours. Maybe since i can play and watch tv at same time :)[/quote]

I agree. It's why I seem to find myself always going back to buy more 2D RPGs on PSX. I hate the 3D transition.

I am loving Suikoden IV though.

Suikoden IV gets around 5's from EGM and an 8.75 from one of the Game Informer reviewers. I know GI has always been easy on games but c'mon, it's like they lost all balls since the Paper Mario incident and are afraid to bash a game!

[quote name='BLarR']Suikoden IV gets around 5's from EGM and an 8.75 from one of the Game Informer reviewers. I know GI has always been easy on games but c'mon, it's like they lost all balls since the Paper Mario incident and are afraid to bash a game![/quote]

Or, maybe, I don't know, liked it?

Almost all news outlets hated Suikoden 1 and 2, and since Suikoden IV is much like the former 2, it would make sense for magazines to not like it. My review on www.got-next.com will be up shortly.

People take EGM reviews shortly? I only read what Shane has to say, mainly because I talk to him a bunch at Gotnext.

[quote name='BLarR']Suikoden IV gets around 5's from EGM and an 8.75 from one of the Game Informer reviewers. I know GI has always been easy on games but c'mon, it's like they lost all balls since the Paper Mario incident and are afraid to bash a game![/quote]

if you trust reviews, youre going to miss out on a great game! this could be the best rpg since arc the lad.

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='BLarR']Suikoden IV gets around 5's from EGM and an 8.75 from one of the Game Informer reviewers. I know GI has always been easy on games but c'mon, it's like they lost all balls since the Paper Mario incident and are afraid to bash a game![/quote]

if you trust reviews, youre going to miss out on a great game! this could be the best rpg since arc the lad.[/quote]

But that's not it, I've played this game and it is the pits. I've seriously not been this uninterested in a game since one of my friends brought over X-Squad (damn the sale that brought that curse into my house). The characters seem to have the most generic possible personality, if ANY, and the sailing is as pointless as it was in windwaker, WHY DO SERIES NEED TO GO INTO THE OCEAN, LAND IS JUST FINE! Seriously, I can't see anyone but hardcore Suikoden addicts liking this thing.

[quote name='BLarR'][quote name='punqsux'][quote name='BLarR']Suikoden IV gets around 5's from EGM and an 8.75 from one of the Game Informer reviewers. I know GI has always been easy on games but c'mon, it's like they lost all balls since the Paper Mario incident and are afraid to bash a game![/quote]

if you trust reviews, youre going to miss out on a great game! this could be the best rpg since arc the lad.[/quote]

But that's not it, I've played this game and it is the pits. I've seriously not been this uninterested in a game since one of my friends brought over X-Squad (damn the sale that brought that curse into my house). The characters seem to have the most generic possible personality, if ANY, and the sailing is as pointless as it was in windwaker, WHY DO SERIES NEED TO GO INTO THE OCEAN, LAND IS JUST FINE! Seriously, I can't see anyone but hardcore Suikoden addicts liking this thing.[/quote]

i dont know if id go that far, im deinetly a fan of the series, but i wouldnt call myself a hardcore addict. ive only played through the first 2 games twice each.

thjis game is very simple, suikoden games always have been. im not THAT far into the story, but that has always been a great attribute to the suikoden series, (ive read plot summaries of 3) and i doubt 4 will dissapoint me.

on an intresting note, x-squad was an alright game a couple years ago, havent played it in a while tho ^^

bread's done
Back