Got Suikoden IV?

hey this is the first Suikoden game I played (I have Suikoden III, but haven't played it yet) and it's very mediocre I'd say... still playabale...

[quote name='Oktoberfest']hey this is the first Suikoden game I played (I have Suikoden III, but haven't played it yet) and it's very mediocre I'd say... still playabale...[/quote]

Without playing Suikoden I and II, I doubt you can appreciate IV as much.

just some fun stuff i found on www.suikosource.com

Bath Conversations:

Hero (Alone)
Katerina
Jeane + Viki
Dario + Nareo
Dario + Go
Rita + Mizuki
Rita + Noa
Mizuki + Kate
Ted + Aldo
Jewel + Paula
Uketsu + Shiramine
Warlock + Pablo
Yu + Tristan
Reno + Flare
Chiepoo + Narukuru + Chanpo
Sigurd + Hervey + Helmut
Reinbach + Sherman
Gretchen + Mirei + Helga
Mituba + Jeremy + Reinholdt
Hero + Tal + Kenneth + SoD #108 (non-spoiler :p )

Unite Attacks:

2 Person

Berserker Attack (Dario, Gau) - 1.0x DMG to ALL
Bow & Arrow Attack (Ted, Aldo) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Double Sword Attack (HERO, Kika) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Family Attack (Lino En Kuldes, Flare) - 1.0x DMG to 1 Enemy
Fisherman Attack (Ugetso, Shiramine) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Friendship Attack (HERO, Snowe) - ??? DMG to 1 Enemy
Giant Sword Attack A (Selma, Mitsuba) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Love Love Attack (Reinbach III, Charlemagne) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Master/Pupil Attack (Warlock, Pablo) - 120 Earth DMG to ALL
Ninja Attack (Akaghi, Mizuki) - 1.0x DMG to 1 Enemy
Physical Attack (Karl, Helga) - 1.0x DMG to 1 Enemy
Pirate Attack (Hervey, Sigurd) - 1.0x DMG to 1 Enemy
Sorcerer Attack (Katrina, Konrad) - 120 Fire DMG to ALL
True Friends Attack (HERO, Snowe ) - 1.5x DMG to 1 Enemy

3 Person

Adonis Attack (Helmut, Hervey, Sigurd) - 1.2x DMG to 1 Enemy
Allure Attack (Kika, Jeane, Gretchen) - 0.7x DMG To ALL
Barrage Attack (Ted, Lo Hak or Aldo, Fredrica or Flare) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Beauty Attack (Kika, Jeane, Ameria) - 0.7x DMG to ALL
Giant Sword Attack B (Izak, Axel, Selma) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Meow Attack (Chiepoo, Champo, Nalkul) - Heals Ally Nay-Kobolds
Nymph Attack (Millay, Rita, Viki) - 0.7x DMG to ALL
Reverse Adonis Attack (Travis, Jeremy, Trishtan) - 1.2x DMG to 1 Enemy
Sibling Attack (Lo Seng, Lo Fong, Lo Hak) - 0.4x DMG to ALL
Silver Attack (Bartholomew, Reinhold, Ornan) - 1.2x DMG to 1 Enemy
Spear Attack (Eugene, Rachel, Lino En Kuldes) - 1.2x DMG to 1 Enemy
True Ninja Attack (Akaghi, Mizuki, Kate) - 250 Earth DMG to ALL

4 Person

Knight Attack (Tal, Jewel, Paula, Keneth) - 250 Water DMG to ALL

I don't see why people hate this game? I got it, and I can't put it down. I guess now RPGs have to have some kind of "gimmick." for gamers to stay intrested. Or maybe it's like Star Ocean 3, you either love it or hate it. On a side-note I hated Star Ocean 3.

I'd just like to let everyone know that I finally got my Artbook from gamestop.com today (friday).

Interestingly enough, when I checked my order on gamestop.com on thursday, it said that the artbook had been canceled. Needless to say, I was very angry as they had told me that it was on the way so I busted open the game to play it (rather than wait to see if the artbook came and if it didn't, I would have returned the game). But none the less, it still came today...

Interesting... I hope everyone else gets it too. Very nice drawings.

Oh, and Suikoden IV is pretty underwhelming at first but you start to get more into as it goes on. Suikoden III was like that too. I disliked it strongly at first (playd the first missions for each of the characters) and put it down for like 7 months. Then I came back to it this christmas and I couldn't put it down. Suikoden IV is the same. Give it a chance.

[quote name='stormenmormon']I'd just like to let everyone know that I finally got my Artbook from gamestop.com today (friday).

Interestingly enough, when I checked my order on gamestop.com on thursday, it said that the artbook had been canceled. Needless to say, I was very angry as they had told me that it was on the way so I busted open the game to play it (rather than wait to see if the artbook came and if it didn't, I would have returned the game). But none the less, it still came today...

Interesting... I hope everyone else gets it too. Very nice drawings.

Oh, and Suikoden IV is pretty underwhelming at first but you start to get more into as it goes on. Suikoden III was like that too. I disliked it strongly at first (playd the first missions for each of the characters) and put it down for like 7 months. Then I came back to it this christmas and I couldn't put it down. Suikoden IV is the same. Give it a chance.[/quote]

Hey did the mail man, knock on ur door to give it to you, and di u have to sign for it?? cause the mail man knocked on my door, and I was in the shower, I scrambled out of the shower but was too late :(, cause im waiting on my artbook also

Actually I don't know. When I got home it was here. Somebody had already gotten the mail so I don't know if he had to sign or not... I'll try asking him when he wakes up. Good luck

i found this intresting
PICT0261.JPG

I got all the stars except two due to timeline circumstances, but unlike the first two Suikodens, I doubt I'll be replayign this anytime soon. Although theres a very special treat if you get seventy + stars and manage to hit your war room before a certain time line, I'll leave it at that.

They improved the battle system a ton by going back to the old ways of Suikoden. I detested the battle system in Suikoden III.

The music is also ALOT better.

The only thing I can say I miss from part three is the trinity sight system, which kicked butt.

What this game needs, however, is LESS Random battles, LESS load time (horrendous in towns, a bit before cut scenes, and even some before random battles = too much down time) and LESS sea travel time (although with the magic mirror downtime goes down a bit later on for sea travel). All the loading time was pretty bad and put down my enjoyablity by quite a bit, I would say a full point out of the ten rating scale.

The story line is weak overall, although theres a few scenes that are very good (like when the mermaid screams at the hero and one of the knights responds so awkardly it had me laughing out loud) and theres a few characters that are awesome (Chiepo = Jar Jar of Suikoden and Snowe's personality is very whacky. These two will be the most memorable for me) but none of the characters or story hold up to the first two suikodens.

Naval battles are pretty easy, but rather fun. The return of 1v1 dueling is very good to, but underused much like the first two Suikodens (but thats a good thing, trust me).

I'm right at the final battle at 23 hours (and thats all stars except two, so the game is pretty short to boot) and I would give this game a solid eight. If they improved the story, got rid of all the unecessary downtime and sea travel I could probably give this game a high eight, possibly even a nine, but nothing can touch the first two Suikodens in terms of gameplay, story and characters.

With all this said I should also mentioned I never beat Suikoden III, because I was horrified by the battle system and couldn't get into the 2d-3d transition, although I'm bound to give it another try down the road.

Took me twenty six hours to beat with all stars except two, pretty fun but the story line needs quite a bit of work (especially the relivance of the end boss, I had to go to gamefaqs to get information). I'd give it a 8.1, maybe the worst Suikoden game but that's not saying much for a otherwise still good game.

I myself will probably get into Suikoden III when I get the time, after spoiling myself with information about Luc.

Suikoden IV is a good game. It is a lot better than the 3rd one. This one feels like the good ol days of Suikoden 1 and 2. I just wish that developers would make 2d RPG's instead of 3d. I miss the good ol days.

Hey guys, how does this game compared to Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I don't have either one and thinking about getting either Suikoden IV or Shadow Hearts. I played a little of Suikoden III, hated the battle system.

[quote name='newbie2000']Hey guys, how does this game compared to Shadow Hearts: Covenant? I don't have either one and thinking about getting either Suikoden IV or Shadow Hearts. I played a little of Suikoden III, hated the battle system.[/quote]

Well suikoden 4 is $10 less, but then its very short 25 hours.

bread's done
Back