Gotham City Impostors - First DLC in March will be FREE

Played this a ton during PAX Prime last year against the devs (my team was the only team to beat their "survive against the devs for 5 minutes" competition) and loved the game. I'd buy it now, but I'm so swamped with backlog that it just doesn't seem probable anymore =/. Maybe during an XBLA or Steam sale.

Awesome about the DLC though. I'll download that anyway for whenever I do get the game.

Still on the fence about this, think I might wait for a sale. I'm way too picky about prices for games, although I loved the beta. The throwing axe was pretty damn powerful in the beta, is it still as powerful in the full game? That along with the main assault rifle there led me to get a 29 killstreak one match. Seems like it could be a lot of fun as long as I had others to play it with.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Still on the fence about this, think I might wait for a sale. I'm way too picky about prices for games, although I loved the beta. The throwing axe was pretty damn powerful in the beta, is it still as powerful in the full game? That along with the main assault rifle there led me to get a 29 killstreak one match. Seems like it could be a lot of fun as long as I had others to play it with.[/QUOTE]

the hatchet is a 1 hit kill period (i love using that thing), think tomahawk from black ops, but throws a little slower (and i find it just a little harder to use then the tomahawk) i really like this game, but if your going to wait for a sale, you may as well just pass on it all together imho. most likely they wont do a sale until the community is dead, and then your paying $10 for a very short life span in a game, as where now youd get that little bit of time from the people who buy it on sale, plus you get to play the hell out of it now. just my 2 cents

I haven't played this game in a couple weeks. Waiting for the patch to release on PC STILL!! I bought the PC version because it has more gamerscore, but now I'm regretting that.

Love the hatchet. It's the great equalizer against mighties.

Ironically my favorite build at the moment is a Mighty with the Jackhammer as a primary with penetrating rounds. Fun Facts that increases bullet damage given and decreases bullet damage taken and add body armor and it's beastly when going for headshots.

Very first match I played was Team Deathmatch, and I ended up MVP with 5,000 points. Well alright then. It's just as fun as the beta, although the Dawn Patrol (or whatever weapon it was that comes with the Striker loadout) doesn't seem to do as much damage.

[quote name='AlphaPanda']Very first match I played was Team Deathmatch, and I ended up MVP with 5,000 points. Well alright then. It's just as fun as the beta, although the Dawn Patrol (or whatever weapon it was that comes with the Striker loadout) doesn't seem to do as much damage.[/QUOTE]
i like extended mags on it, as it seemed alot of the time i was having a hard time finishing off the mighty class with it and id die while re-loading. i like it a lot better with extended mags. also the jackhammer (i think? the lmg that does really high damage)is prolly my favorite gun, just keep it close range or you wont win lol. i suck at this game, (though im getting better) but its still alot of fun and a good game for a break from the "realistic" shooters like cod and bf3.

Played this game a bunch yesterday since the PC version finally got the patch. I really like the sword. I think I end up dying more since I love charging into rooms with it and slicing at people. :) I find it to be more an equalizer against a mighty. I've tried to use the hatchet, but I always forget I have it.

it probably keeps people from dive bombing on you hoffer.. and between the jack in the box and the bear trap the jack in the box is better less inconspicuous

The map is free, and that's good, but the conch and parrot gun is paid, as is the counter-perk to them.

I'm pretty pissed they made the counter to the DLC weapons part of the DLC (Well, DLC weapons at all that aren't palette swaps of other, non-DLC weapons piss me off). Every match right now I'm getting hit by the conch or the parrot gun all the damn time, and I can't counter it without dishing out money and supporting the DLC weapons in the first place.

[quote name='NoelVermillion']does anyone really play this game? because i don't want to buy the game if i can't even play with anyone.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know a lot of people who play and the online community is pretty active as well

[quote name='NoelVermillion']does anyone really play this game? because i don't want to buy the game if i can't even play with anyone.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it recently (I should be, I'm in between games and should be working towards my level 100 achievement; I'm a level 85 right now) but I met a number of people via the game that play it very, very, often...

I've been on there rather frequently (LV. 150-ish) The group that plays is naturally smaller compared to bigger FPS games, but it's dedicated nonetheless. Expect to see people you've played before across different days and the population spikes a bit when Community events happen (xp bonuses and limited customization items for accomplishing certain tasks within the time frame.)

Steampunk paid DLC is available. The new Ball Lightning gun is crazily frustrating and naturally the counter to it is part of said paid DLC.

Sorry to revive a 3 month old dead thread. Just bought this. Looking to give it a whirl. Don't know if any CAG's still play, but I thought it'd be fun to maybe dust it off if there are some who don't and look to get back into it. I'm not really super excited about having to jump in with a bunch of die hards and just getting my ass PLOWED.

bread's done
Back