Gradius V is out next week - who's getting it?

PaulEMoz

CAGiversary!
Any old school shoot 'em up fans out there? If so, you MUST be buying this. It's actually the first and only game I've ever pre-ordered, from Gamestop online, because it comes with the free Gradius V Breakdown DVD (similar to the DVD they gave away with the special edition in Japan).

I'm more excited about this game than practically any other upcoming release. Who else is up for this?

I've been waiting for this for a while! I'll be getting it. I don't know if I'll get it right away. I may wait for a price drop to $20, but $30 isn't bad so I may get sucked in.

I would get it if I can preorder the game at gamestop and be able to get the Gradius V Breakdown DVD.

So would the gamestop store also get the preorder Gradius V Breakdown DVD?

Bonus Offer! - Preorder Gradius V and recieve a Bonus DVD filled with extras FREE! The Bonus DVD contains:

* Gradius V Breakdown: Master flythroughs of certain levels.
* Promotional movies.
* Ship artwork.
* Developer interviews.
* History of Gradius: Videos and trailers from previous Gradius games.

Definitely on my list of future must-haves but I can wait until it turns up for $15 or less. In the meantime I'll probably pick up Castle Shikigami 2 to hold my shooter addiction at bay.

[quote name='lordxixor101']What is on the special DVD? I'll probably be picking this up, but not until it is in the $20 range.[/quote]

Well, it's only $29.99, so if you get it at Best Buy....

[quote name='epobirs']Definitely on my list of future must-haves but I can wait until it turns up for $15 or less. In the meantime I'll probably pick up Castle Shikigami 2 to hold my shooter addiction at bay.[/quote]

Yeah, although Shikigami has been pushed back to the middle of November. Gradius V is one of very few games that I just can't wait for, though. :D

haha. I was jus playing Gradius Galaxy on the airplane over the weekend.

we should all battle for high scores and stuff, Gradius is one hella trial and error game

I worship treasure so i'm definetely getting it.

They also have a remake of the classic sega saturn game "Guardian Hero's" coming out for the GBA.

Astro Boy was just released for the GBA recently & it's AWESOME!!

OK Can I get the preorder special that is located in gamestopcom with gradius V and get gradius breakdown in the b&m gamestop stores?

I dont have a credit card and I dont want to pay high prices for the breakdown dvd in ebay later on. Need to know, thanks.

Yeah, I preordered over laborday weekend to save a whopping $3. Ryosnk, the bonus DVD is nothing special. If it's packaged seperately, I don't think i'll even open mine.

I have the Gradius III + IV package for PS2, but it's not for sale. I just love to pop that baby in for a couple of hours every week I just can't part with it :)

I picked it up for only $15 new from KB Toy Store.

ugh! it's out tomorrow and I am hella broke... I didnt know!

looks like Im gonna hafta dig my credit card in $30 deeper if I want that DVD

My order staus has only just changed to "Processing", so it looks like it'll be Thursday or Friday before I get hold of it. :(

[quote name='captaincold']I worship treasure so i'm definetely getting it.

They also have a remake of the classic sega saturn game "Guardian Hero's" coming out for the GBA.

Astro Boy was just released for the GBA recently & it's AWESOME!![/quote]

it's not a remake :) which should make it even better, although EGM didn't like it too much apparently

yo can someone help me w/ something??

Ive never ordered from gamestop.com before, but I placed one for Gradius last nite. I didnt register for like a username/password thing.

the thing is, they did not send my email a confirmation about my placed order and whatnot, do they usually not do this??

becoz I did not write down my order number, and I have no way to check things up at the website...

thanks for the help!

[quote name='JEKKI']yo can someone help me w/ something??

Ive never ordered from gamestop.com before, but I placed one for Gradius last nite. I didnt register for like a username/password thing.

the thing is, they did not send my email a confirmation about my placed order and whatnot, do they usually not do this??

becoz I did not write down my order number, and I have no way to check things up at the website...

thanks for the help![/quote]

you can call them about it and they'll be able to track your order number. their number is on the website. (too lazy to find it right now)

you can call them about it and they'll be able to track your order number. their number is on the website. (too lazy to find it right now)

You have to register a username on the site in order to place an order. In order to check your orders, just clik on My Account and login. You'll see a list of orders placed. Click on the one you want to view its status as well as shipping info (if tracking is provided it'll be linked)...

As far as the DVD, I don't know if it's instore or not. My online order says my game shipped but the DVD is still showing an 8/31 preorder. Guess I'll need to call tomorrow...

[quote name='Starky27']As far as the DVD, I don't know if it's instore or not. My online order says my game shipped but the DVD is still showing an 8/31 preorder. Guess I'll need to call tomorrow...[/quote]

Same here. You'll have to let me know what they say when you call.

The other bad news for me is that it is being delivered by FedEx. Last time I was having something delivered by FedEx (Buy.com Logitech wireless controller) they never even came to my house, and apparently said they were "scared" to. But each time, they recorded it as "Customer not available". After this happened three times they were going to send it back to Buy.com, and I had to talk to the manager of the FedEx depot to reschedule. They phoned my house when I wasn't in and came and left it on my doorstep.

So I'm a bit concerned about this delivery.

[quote name='PaulEMoz'][quote name='Starky27']As far as the DVD, I don't know if it's instore or not. My online order says my game shipped but the DVD is still showing an 8/31 preorder. Guess I'll need to call tomorrow...[/quote]

Same here. You'll have to let me know what they say when you call.

The other bad news for me is that it is being delivered by FedEx. Last time I was having something delivered by FedEx (Buy.com Logitech wireless controller) they never even came to my house, and apparently said they were "scared" to. But each time, they recorded it as "Customer not available". After this happened three times they were going to send it back to Buy.com, and I had to talk to the manager of the FedEx depot to reschedule. They phoned my house when I wasn't in and came and left it on my doorstep.

So I'm a bit concerned about this delivery.[/quote]

UPDATE: Evidently there was a shipping delay on the DVD (I guess they are coming from a different publisher) and the discs won't be in until next week, where they will be shipped out at no extra charge.

As far as FedEx, yes I hate trying to catch a package sometimes. Normally they should leave a door note saying what attempt it was, where the package will be after 4:00 PM, what time they'll attempt to redeliver and a signature area if you want them to just leave it on the door step at that time.

[quote name='captaincold']

it's not a remake :) which should make it even better, although EGM didn't like it too much apparently[/quote]

EGM gave it a 7.0, 8.0, and 8.5. I think they liked it. And I will be buying this. Shooters need some more recognition.

[quote name='Starky27']UPDATE: Evidently there was a shipping delay on the DVD (I guess they are coming from a different publisher) and the discs won't be in until next week, where they will be shipped out at no extra charge.[/quote]

Thanks for that. It's good to know.

[quote name='Starky27']As far as FedEx, yes I hate trying to catch a package sometimes. Normally they should leave a door note saying what attempt it was, where the package will be after 4:00 PM, what time they'll attempt to redeliver and a signature area if you want them to just leave it on the door step at that time.[/quote]

In my case, they didn't leave a note, and I was in the whole time and they didn't even stop outside the house, much less attempt to deliver my package. However, at the end of each day it was logged as "Customer not available". That had better not happen this time. As a side note, my game has been held at the sort facility in Indianapolis for 12 hours now. Why? :evil:

I'm planning to get Gradius V. I'm really having a hard time deciding between the order I buy the games I want like:
DDR Extreme
Mega Man X: Command Mission
Katamari Damacy
Gradius V
Shin Megami Tensei III: NOCTURNE
Shadow Hearts 2: Covenant
Growlanser: Generations
Gungrave O.D.
Viewtiful Joe
Street Fighter AC
Advance Guardian Heroes
Sly 2: Band of Theieves

I might get Gradius V this week, but I was waiting for next weeks ads to be posted here before I buy it, for I can make the best decision.

Two copies came in today to my store: one for me, one for my coworker. We love it. If you've got $30 to spare, go pick it up. Awesome game. However, if your PS2 has blue disc DRE's, stay away... Gradius V is a blue disc CDROM.

I called the gamestop, and things are going ok!!

anyway, I read in EGM that if u have the network adapter u can battle online for high scores and win real prizes!!!

damn, now I want a online adapter... and I would buy some tony hawk underground while I am at it

[quote name='kraid']I think I'm going to get it via gamestop.com but does anyone have a free shipping code? Thanks.[/quote]

FREESHIPALL should still work...

Picked up Gradius V today. If you're a shooter fan, you must get this game. I played it for like 3 hours straight. Awesome graphics and jammin music. At $30, this game is a steal. It is a blue disk which won't play in my older PS2, so beware of that problem. Highly recommended game.

I picked this up with a Price Match at Best Buy (used Fry's Ad $22.99)
Got the last copy. Been playing a little bit here and there. Fantastic Game, very smooth and kiss arse graphics.

Me and my Friend are really enjoying the two player co-op mode.
If you haven't tried it out it is a must. Just like Contra in a sense.

Just a pure fun game. My friend liked it so much he going to pick it up and he doesn't really buy a lot of games.

9 out of 10 just magnificent :D

I was in a gradius mood that I won gradius 3 for only a .01 at ebay but have to pay $3.00 for shipping. Overall not bad but still waiting to purchase gradius v with the breakdown disk and gamestop still tells me that they are still waiting for the shipment to arrive :? .

[quote name='ryosnk'] gradius v with the breakdown disk and gamestop still tells me that they are still waiting for the shipment to arrive :? .[/quote]

It's now listed on the site as "Usually ships in 24 hours", so I'm hopeful my Breakdown DVD will be shipping very soon.

Anyone have a confirmation that the Gradius V bonus DVD is being sent out? I am getting impatient ... I preordered way back when they offered the bonus DVD.

I really hope they get this baby out to me quickly.

bread's done
Back