Grammy nominated King Diamond screams "Metal Heads Unite!!"

Watched half of The Decline of Western Civilization Part II last night.

Hilarious, nostalgic, and kinda repugnant in a sense (the misogyny of 80's rock was quite flagrant, not like it's gone today). Listening to Taime Downe claim that he doesn't do drugs was preposterous, but an artifact of the era (where drug use was overtly done, but never admitted to).

Bret Michaels and CC DeVille are stuffed to the GILLS with coke in their interview segments in the movie.
No wonder Michaels ended up with diabetes.

Oh. Wrong coke. Carry on!

Down IV Part II is great.  I'm pretty sure these guys can do no wrong (yes, I liked Down II), it's solid release after solid release.  Even though nothing will be as good as NOLA, everything else is still fantastic.

Not actually metal per se, but if you liked Devin's Ki and Ghost albums, you'll want to check out Casualties of Cool (it's actually under that name, it's not being released as a Devin Townsend album). Kind of a cosmic/creepy Johnny Cash sound in places. It's turning out to be one of my favorite albums ever.

The release schedule is kind of weird since it was funded by PledgeMusic, so donators have it already and I think it's out on iTunes tomorrow, and everywhere else in the next few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bump from the dead.

If you're a Dio fan, check out the new album from Last in Line, which is made up of old Dio band members and a new singer. Really, really solid album in the vein of 80s heavy metal. The singer doesn't go out of his way to be a Dio impersonator, but his voice fits really well with the traditional Dio band sound.

Anyone seeing Iron Maiden on their current tour?

Seeing them tonight in Chicago.

Getting too old to be in the pit (and i'm too short)
How was the show? I've seen videos of some of the dates so far and Bruce sounds great.

I wanted to go to the Chicago stop since it was the closest one to me, but it's still a 5 hour drive.

Glenn/Jerry/Doyle Misfits playing Riot Fest in Chicago & Denver.

I'm dumb and bought tickets solely for this reason, so when one of them throws a fit and pulls out I can be extra mad.

bread's done
Back