Gran Turismo 5 Collector's Edition - $94.99 at GS.com / $99.99 @ Amazon

[quote name='Kendro']Ehhh. A Matchbox car, keychain, DLC, and an artbook for an extra $40? That seems like a lot.[/QUOTE]

It is if you're stupid enough to call it a matchbox car

i actaullly think it'd be pretty cool to get, but i'm not sure if i have any more places to display my CE stuff -.- room's getting awfully crowded -.-

I think I'll pre-order it, and then see if it turns out to be "rare" or not.

[quote name='ssjmichael']It is if you're stupid enough to call it a matchbox car[/QUOTE]Relax. The car doesn't even look that great.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Just to play devil's advocate, that Devil Summoner game that came with the plushie was numbered and even up until somewhat recently, people were finding them for sale either in-store or online.[/QUOTE]
Hmm, good observation. :applause:

[quote name='scarhawk']Relax. The car doesn't even look that great.[/QUOTE]

I just think it's stupid to say something isn't worth the extra money at the same time you're designating it a matchbox car. Obviously this set is geared towards car fans and collectors. People who more than likely collect diecast metal cars. Such people know those things don't come cheap, particularly cool branded ones like in this set. Those cars go for around $30-$40 on average. This isn't just some cheap toy, this is is made by Kyosho (google if you have to)

And I actually think the car looks pretty damn cool:

500x_gt5car.jpg

When you factor in everything I'd say it's a very good value

Game: $59.99
Car: $40 (if not more)
Keychain - $5
Book - $5-$10
DLC - $5 -$10

I'm betting you could break this set up if you wanted to and sell many of the individual pieces for those prices or more.

[quote name='scarhawk']Relax. The car doesn't even look that great.[/QUOTE]

if your into this type of stuff it seems worth it.

I'm not into cars and I don't plan on buying the game, but even so this seems like an incredible offer. The car looks good and a 300 page book is pretty much unheard of. You can really see the love the GT team puts into their products.

A serious collector may want to spend $40 on a five inch long by 1.5 inch tall car, but those people are few and far between. I just hope people understand the scale of the car and don't think they are getting something that can be admired from across the room, because that isn't the case. FWIW, Kyosho stuff can be picked up on ebay for way less than half the price of msrp.

I don't think the average CAG is the target audience for this CE. This looks like a CE that is tailored for the actual racer, hardcore car enthusiast or hardcore Gran Turismo player. For those consumers, this looks like an awesome CE.

If the car was an M3 I would be all over it.

[quote name='chopper731']I don't think the average CAG is the target audience for this CE. This looks like a CE that is tailored for the actual racer, hardcore car enthusiast or hardcore Gran Turismo player. For those consumers, this looks like an awesome CE.

If the car was an M3 I would be all over it.[/QUOTE]

Exactly my point if your real into the racing scene it seems worth it

damn i think i will be ordering 2 set , one to open and play and one to keep sealed . but WTF that $200 lucky me i got $500 on my edge card to burn

[quote name='moommoombaba']off topic
do you think logitech will release a new wheel for GT5?[/QUOTE]

I don't see the point considering how much support they've given the G27, which to say the least is pretty dismal.

i see this below 50 within 3 months... remember that PS2 game that came with that JESS figure people said it would be worth alot of cash for along time..... not anymore

[quote name='moommoombaba']off topic
do you think logitech will release a new wheel for GT5?[/QUOTE]
Doubt it. The G27 just came out last fall, and its predecessor, the G25, was on sale for about 3 years before the G27 finally came out.

I truly hope this CE is limited. I actually prefer the GameStop one since you get 2 cars instead of the one from Amazon. Since there's no $10 credit or anything...I'll stick with GS. It's already paid off anyway.

This is the first CE I've ever considered buying. The price seems reasonable to me. Rather get it on the day of release instead of waiting months for a price drop.

[quote name='sanseiguy']This is the first CE I've ever considered buying. The price seems reasonable to me. Rather get it on the day of release instead of waiting months for a price drop.[/QUOTE]

Me too, I've never bought a CE before but this is tempting. I wish there was a 25 off 100 that worked on preorders.

If Kyosho would've stuffed Mini-Z innards in it they could have jacked the price and I still would have wanted it.

Placed a pre-order with Amazon.

Preordered on Amazon. Will this be truly limited? Who knows, but one thing is for sure Gran Turismo caters to a much different audience than the typical gamer.

[quote name='finstersucks']Preordered on Amazon. Will this be truly limited? Who knows, but one thing is for sure Gran Turismo caters to a much different audience than the typical gamer.[/QUOTE]

I honestly think it may be available for quite some time.

The CE is a mixed bag to me because i hate figurines but love books. Seems like many people feel the opposite so i can understand the contents.

[quote name='Fatbot3']I honestly think it may be available for quite some time.

The CE is a mixed bag to me because i hate figurines but love books. Seems like many people feel the opposite so i can understand the contents.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way, which is why I am on the fence.

As it stands, I think I might just go with the normal edition, unless Amazon drops one of their credit deals, and hope that someone in the trading forum or GameDealDaily offers the book separately. If anyone in the thread wants some of the other stuff, but would be willing to sell the book, Id be looking to arrange something. Just send me a PM.

[quote name='SynGamer']I truly hope this CE is limited. I actually prefer the GameStop one since you get 2 cars instead of the one from Amazon. Since there's no $10 credit or anything...I'll stick with GS. It's already paid off anyway.[/QUOTE]

Wait, pre-ordering from GS gives you TWO cars? How?

Edit: NM, the GS pre-order page has been updated

If I have a GS giftcard and $10 online code, do I use those when I make the preorder purchase or do those get applied on release day?

bread's done
Back