Gran Turismo 5 PS3 $49.99 at dell.com

I have mine preordered through Amazon still. I actually don't expect it for another year.

Poor saps who bought GT5 Prologue, not really understanding that they were paying (near) full price for a "demo".

[quote name='emperordahc']I have mine preordered through Amazon still. I actually don't expect it for another year.

Poor saps who bought GT5 Prologue, not really understanding that they were paying (near) full price for a "demo".[/QUOTE]

i think i will preorder mine through gamestop since they have 2 exclussive cars.

how much was gt5p when it first came out? i'm assuming it wasn't always a greatest hits ($29.99)?

[quote name='frpilot']i think i will preorder mine through gamestop since they have 2 exclussive cars.

how much was gt5p when it first came out? i'm assuming it wasn't always a greatest hits ($29.99)?[/QUOTE]

I'm going through Best Buy since I have a gift card and rewards coupons.

It was 40 I believe.

[quote name='frpilot']i know.. it was suppose to come out nov 6, now dec 31... it will then be martin luther king's day, valentines day, etc.[/QUOTE]

sony has not announced a new date as far as i've read/heard. amazon just made up dec 31st, i think.

it's also very likely to be coming out pre-christmas -- rumor is the delay was not due to it being incomplete, but rather sony wanting to add anti-jailbreak checks so that it requires the latest firmware.

[quote name='affa']rumor is the delay was not due to it being incomplete, but rather sony wanting to add anti-jailbreak checks so that it requires the latest firmware.[/QUOTE]

Makes sense. They've must have invested a crapton into the game by now they wanna make every cent they can back.

[quote name='emperordahc']I have mine preordered through Amazon still. I actually don't expect it for another year.

Poor saps who bought GT5 Prologue, not really understanding that they were paying (near) full price for a "demo".[/QUOTE]

That "demo" lasted me more hours (150+) than every single other game in my PS3 collection, so I don't know why you'd feel sad for me.

Then again, I'm a car enthusiast, which is what GT has always been truly marketed to.

I bought it. Played it longer than Ive played several other full games combined.

See the problem is you didnt play it, your just making assumptions and saying things because you want to sound like your cooly snarky and suave. But your not, sound like a person with a tiny self esteem and big ego on the net making passively aggresive comments in a attempt to feel better to a bunch of complete strangers youll never actually see.

Anyone who wanted prolouge knew what they were getting and chances are they spent more time with it than any normal game. I played god of war 3 and alan and beat them in about 22 hours for them both, but Ive played around 75 hours or more of prolouge. So what is the better value? What does that say about the final product when it comes out?

If you truly believe that, then I say you need to step back and take a better look at the "demo." There are enough content in this "demo" to be consider a full game had you took the time to try it. Compare to GT5, obviously, it does seem like a demo but it's far from being a demo.

I've spent just as much hour on this "demo" or more than most game this generation. If anything, this game rank higher than some of these "full" games I've played this generation.

The problem with this deal is that I didn't see anywhere that Dell indicated that this would end up in your hands on release day, or anywhere near that.

I had my girlfriend pre-order on Amazon with the SLS and the $10 credit. It was supposed to be a b'day present since my b'day is Nov 4, but that won't be working out all too well now. I guess its a Christmas present now. The McLaren at GS is cool, but I have no interest in some Nascar car from a driver I've never even heard of.

I've been waiting for GT5 since the PS3 launched. In fact, I held off on buying one for a couple years, as I was convinced the day was right around the corner when I could go pickup my GT5 PS3 bundle. Eventually I caved and bough the PS3, and still I wait for GT5. Another delay isn't going to get me to ditch my pre-order though. It isn't like Amazon is going to take the money and run.

I preordered mine for Newegg, which is slightly better since I have to pay tax at Dell. But I see no record of this order on Newegg! The only proof I have is the e-mail!

Actually Dell.com says the expected release date is Jan 1 2011, so im betting it will be spring 2011 if it gets released next year.

This game is the Hobbit of gaming industry. I canceled my pre-order because of their delays. I will probably pick it up used from B2G1 gamestop sales.

[quote name='UltimateIdiot911']If you truly believe that, then I say you need to step back and take a better look at the "demo." There are enough content in this "demo" to be consider a full game had you took the time to try it. Compare to GT5, obviously, it does seem like a demo but it's far from being a demo.

I've spent just as much hour on this "demo" or more than most game this generation. If anything, this game rank higher than some of these "full" games I've played this generation.[/QUOTE]

that and what Whatevaman and gargus said put it exactly how I feel
it's not a "demo" when it has more content then a "normal" game

I'm not a fan of this game and don't plan on buying it, but it's funny when people call huge downloadable games, "Demos" xD

[quote name='NinjaGuerra']I'm not a fan of this game and don't plan on buying it, but it's funny when people call huge downloadable games, "Demos" xD[/QUOTE]

GT5 Prologue was a retail release.

I always get a hoot out of people saying they "canceled their pre-order". I'm sure Polyphony is crying because they lost your sale because they wanna make a better game. ::rollseyes::

[quote name='Goodfella2487']I always get a hoot out of people saying they "canceled their pre-order". I'm sure Polyphony is crying because they lost your sale because they wanna make a better game. ::rollseyes::[/QUOTE]

To each his/her own. However, consumers vote with their dollars and their purchases. One less pre-order may not hurt a multi-million dollar company, but at least we're taking a stand instead of being sheep and saying 'sure, I'll wait forever, and I'm promising to buy it whenever (even if hell freezes over before) it comes out'.

why do you care so much if they delay it? would you rather they release it buggy like most other developers/publishers? i for one support any game manufacturer willing to delay a game to get a better product out, even if it means they miss out on sales.

we should support that, not punish it.

[quote name='affa']why do you care so much if they delay it? would you rather they release it buggy like most other developers/publishers? i for one support any game manufacturer willing to delay a game to get a better product out, even if it means they miss out on sales.

we should support that, not punish it.[/QUOTE]

seriously, blizzard takes even longer but they make the greatest games... mean while Duke Nukem is a whole another story

I would have already picked up two Logitech G27s and two copies from this deal or the Amazon one with $10 gaming credit, but they (Polyphony Digital) still haven't announced whether it will support LAN mode for racing against friends offline. After all these years of development, they better have LAN support like they did for the PS2 GT games.
Cmon system link!

[quote name='gargus'][quote name='emperordahc']I have mine preordered through Amazon still. I actually don't expect it for another year.

See the problem is you didnt play it, your just making assumptions and saying things because you want to sound like your cooly snarky and suave. But your not, sound like a person with a tiny self esteem and big ego on the net making passively aggresive comments in a attempt to feel better to a bunch of complete strangers youll never actually see. [/QUOTE]

I actually played GT5 Prologue and I have GT5 preordered.

My comment was that the disc was $40 for a small percentage of the full game in both content and features that would eventually only cost $20 more. (And if you count the Amazon game credit, only $10 more.) For many people, that $40 was absolutely worth it.

That said, there are many free demos, Battlefield (1942/1942:SW/BF2/BC1/BC2) and the Unreal Tournament demos come to mind, that I easily clocked 200+ hours in each.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow, good laughs in this thread. you guys basically justified prologue by saying "its only a demo if you compare it to the game that it's a demo of, otherwise it's not a demo at all"

good logic i guess.

hey, if you think it was worth your 40 bucks, then it was. you don't have to justify it to anyone.

[quote name='smoger']hey, if you think it was worth your 40 bucks, then it was. you don't have to justify it to anyone.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

well, having never played prologue i can say i completely understand what the defenders of it are saying. it's far bigger than a free demo normally is, and fully featured enough to justify a price tag. makes logical sense to me.

my guess is that Sony, knowing GT5 would take a few more years to finish, asked the dev team to compromise by releasing Prologue in the meantime. That 'bought' the dev team a few years development time to perfect GT5. It's actually a brilliant strategy, and one that will certainly result in GT5 being significantly better than if they had been forced to release it a year or two ago when they weren't ready.

bread's done
Back