Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition $39.99 @ newegg/amazon

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879261376
http://www.amazon.com/PS3-Gran-Turismo-XL-sony-playstation3/dp/B006JKARN0

Just a heads up encase anyone is thinking of getting Gran Turismo 5, to hold off.

Releasing on 1/17/11
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents

• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
  • All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
  • Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC Content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.
6644312151_0e1957df77_m.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Just had to interject that if you have both a PS3 and 360, Forza 4 absolutely destroys GT5. lol[/QUOTE]

I agree 100% with you!

[quote name='Thrinn']At the very least list a few reasons to convince us why it's so much better. Otherwise your statement carries little to no weight.[/QUOTE]

Just play them both for a little while and get back with me with your analysis, chief.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Just play them both for a little while and get back with me with your analysis, chief.[/QUOTE]If I already had my opinion on both of the games, then why would I need yours?

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Just play them both for a little while and get back with me with your analysis, chief.[/QUOTE]Encouraging people to give both a try and deciding for themselves is far more constructive than your previous post.

[quote name='Thrinn']Encouraging people to give both a try and deciding for themselves is far more constructive than your previous post.[/QUOTE]

Dude, just shut up. I didn't say 3 out of 4 dentists prefer Forza 4 over GT5. I stated Forza 4 destroys GT5. I stated...again, I stated. Agree or not, I don't really care.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']Dude, just shut up. I didn't say 3 out of 4 dentists prefer Forza 4 over GT5. I stated Forza 4 destroys GT5. I stated...again, I stated. Agree or not, I don't really care.[/QUOTE]

I think he's wondering if you could say why it destroys GT5. Then maybe readers of the thread would benefit from a reasoned opinion rather than an unreasoned one. :ziplip:

I think gt5 is more fun for a car realist while forza is more fun for a gamer. Both are good though its just preference.

duke nukem and borderlands also have reversible cover art. i love reversible cover art ;)
seems classy without all those labels/etc

some have pix like uncharted3 but it doesnt do well as cover art, it's just inside case art.

n yay got this free woot

[quote name='Brother Daz']do tell[/QUOTE]

Free stuff forum. Sony reward thread. Free game(s) every month for a few minutes of work each week while watching TV. Last month's was this game and it's likely that we'll get it a couple of days before release. It's too late to get GT 5 XL but if sign ups are open now you might get in for next month. This month's reward is the Jak and Daxter collection.

[quote name='louiedog']Free stuff forum. Sony reward thread. Free game(s) every month for a few minutes of work each week while watching TV. Last month's was this game and it's likely that we'll get it a couple of days before release. It's too late to get GT 5 XL but if sign ups are open now you might get in for next month. This month's reward is the Jak and Daxter collection.[/QUOTE]

Interesting, I'll check that out thanks!

The triple dip. GT5 doing its best Capcom impression.

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue - April 2008 - $40 (glorified demo)
Gran Turismo 5 - November 2010 - $60 (full game)
Gran Turismo 5 XL - January 2011 - $40 (full game + DLC)

I'll hold out for a fourth edition. Gran Turismo 5 XXL Turbo. Potentially $20 when looking at the history. Potentially due out Spring 2012.

(relax, I'm a fucking PS3 fanboy/nerd/addict.)

Forza is a great racer if you're looking for more arcadey physics and a light challenge. Its a game built for play on a controller(lol) and has assists you can't even disable.

Fun game and does the addicting car pokemon aspect well but its hardly comparable to a sim.

bread's done
Back