Gran Turismo 6 - Out Now - 12/11: Get a BMW M4 Coupe in Special Event Until 12/26!

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM-8_N8gcaw

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_1910783.html

Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. today announced Gran Turismo®6 (GT6™), the latest version of PlayStation®’s best-selling franchise, will be released in Holiday, 2013. The news was revealed today by legendary Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi at an event held to celebrate 15 years of the 70-million-selling series.

GT6 for PlayStation®3 will bring new levels of authenticity to ‘the Real Driving Simulator’ as well as introducing stunning new tracks and cars and a revised user interface. A new compact game engine will improve operation and increase the flexibility to expand it with downloadable content. Meanwhile, the game is also set for expanded connectivity with other devices such as smart phones and tablets and increased social and community functions.

All of the cars and tracks from Gran Turismo®5, which has sold over 10m copies since launching in 2010, will be retained in GT6. But notable new additions to the already impressive line-up of historic cars, road cars and the latest race cars, brings the total car list to 1200 at launch, with new cars set to be continually added online. Several thousand aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars, and players can personalize their own custom cars in game to the greatest ever level possible.

The UK’s famous Silverstone Circuit will be just one of seven new locations in Gran Turismo 6, taking the total to 33, with 71 different layouts available, 19 of them brand new. There will also be regular additions of new tracks set to be made available online. The improved course maker function will provide gorgeous scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers including the magnificent backdrop of Andalucía.

The theme of Gran Turismo’s innovative collaborations with partner companies will increase with the inception of GT6. A number of exciting new projects that blur the line between the virtual and real will be announced in the run up to the game’s launch. Not least of these is GT Academy, a collaboration with Nissan to unearth real racing driver talent that first ran in 2008. It was announced during the event that the competition returns for its biggest ever year in 2013, with the entry mechanic set to take place on an exclusive GT6 demo in July.

Other notable partnerships in the development of GT6 have been with tire manufacturer Yokohama Rubber and suspension company KW Automotive. Both companies are active in the commercial car industry and in racing, and they have acted as technical development partners for the game’s new physics engine, for its tire and suspension kinematic modeling, creating an even more realistic experience for GT fans.

“It is amazing to think that it is 15 years since we first released Gran Turismo,” explained Kazunori Yamauchi, during the announcement at Silverstone Circuit. “Things have changed a lot since then and now Gran Turismo 6 is a further evolution of my dream. We’re pleased to deliver GT6 to PlayStation 3 as we have a very loyal community on that platform. However, we have refactored the game to make it very flexible and expandable, with a view to making many future developments. I am very pleased with everything about the new game and the new additions, but the launch will be only the beginning for GT6. The game will continue to develop throughout its life. I already have many ideas for things I want to achieve in the next 15 years of Gran Turismo!”

The celebration of 15 years of Gran Turismo event at Silverstone included a demo of GT6 featuring the famous circuit. Guests were able to play the game in the familiar circular Gran Turismo race pods before having a chance to take to the real track in cars provided by Audi, Ford, Jaguar, KTM, Mercedes-Benz, Nissan and Toyota.

Further news about Gran Turismo 6 will be revealed at the forthcoming E3 and Gamescom events.

Cars featured on the GT6 Silverstone demo (* denotes new to Gran Turismo):

Acura NSX ’91
*Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale ’11
*Alpine A110 1600S ’68
*Audi Sport quattro S1 Rally Car ’86
Ferrari 458 Italia ’09
*Ferrari Dino 246 GT ’71
Ford GT ’06
*KTM X-BOW R ’12
Lamborghini Countach LP400 ’74
*Light Car Company Rocket ’07
McLaren MP4-12C ’10
*Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 ’11
Nissan 370Z (Z34) (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan 370Z Tuned Car (GT Academy Version) ’08
Nissan GT-R Black edition (GT Academy Version) ’12
*Nissan GT-R Nismo GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport
Nissan Leaf G (GT Academy Version)
*Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance ’12
Toyota 86 GT ‘12

Summary of new Gran Turismo 6 features announced by Kazunori Yamauchi:

New Game Engine

• Refactoring
  • Compact, nimble operation
  • Flexible expandability
  • A new rendering engine that pushes the limits of the PS3
New Physics Engine

• New suspension and kinematics model
  • New tire model
  • New aerodynamics model
  • Technical partnership with Yokohama Rubber and KW Automotive
1200 Cars, abundant custom parts, and on-going DLC

• From historic cars to the latest racing cars, the game contains a total of 1200 cars.
  • Multiple aerodynamic parts and custom wheels will be available for almost all cars.
  • Players can create their own personalized custom car in the game.
  • Cars will be continually added online
33 locations, 71 layou• ts

• 33 Locations and 71 layouts will be provided from day1 (7 more locations and 19 more layouts than GT5)
  • More new tracks will continue to be provided online
New Course Maker

• Massive scenery spanning several tens of square kilometers
  • A new course generation algorithm
Community/Club/Race Organizer

• Players can form their own communities
  • Various community levels from local and domestic to global
  • Players themselves can create and manage their own online events
New User Interface

• Balancing directional key operation and touch operation
  • Quick response
  • Shortening of loading times
Multi Device Compatibility

• PlayStation®
  • Smart Phone
  • Tablet
  • PC
At the same time as the PS3 version of GT6 the “Real Driving Simulator” launches, a mobile version and web application version of GT6, will be created to enjoy Gran Turismo’s massive community space.

Real/Virtual "Edge Effect" Activity
A variety of "Edge Effects", the chemical reactions between the real world and the virtual world for which the Gran Turismo series is famous, are also planned for GT6. Exciting collaborations between various automotive manufacturers and collaborations with brands crossing different industries will be revealed gradually across the next six months.
Screenshots
8740046420_4f08302507_z.jpg

8738929037_0a88051efb_z.jpg

8740046526_415883e332_z.jpg

8740046202_c71c9a75e0_z.jpg

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/05/15/gt-academy-2013-kicks-off-in-july-with-gran-turismo-6-demo/

A demo will be out in July as the competition for GT Academy 2013 kicks off.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the load times are much better. I played one game in GT5, and couldn't imagine putting a lot of time into it simply because of how long the loads were.

GT5 did some pretty cool things (loved having my G37 in game!), but overall left me really sour on the series (due to the technical issues and the whole "premium" cars thing) and I'm not 100% I like what I see here.

I'm sure many of the issues will be address but it still seems like the focus is on cramming more stuff in the game rather than fixing/polishing all the issues... i.e., "shortening load times" and short load times are two different things (albeit, short is subjective).

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/06/24/gran-turismo-6-pre-order-details-revealed/

Pre-order bonuses announced:

GT Fans – Having announced Gran Turismo 6 in May at an event celebrating 15 years of Gran Turismo held at Silverstone Circuit, the game’s legendary designer Kazunori Yamauchi released further details and a new trailer at PlayStation’s E3 press conference recently. With over 1,200 cars available at launch (including new FIA GT3 cars), new locations on a grander scale (such as a fascinating location featuring the Gemasolar solar power plant in Spain), new physics, new tire, suspension and aerodynamic modeling, next generation 3D adaptive tessellation and an HDR dynamic range 50 times greater than GT5, Holiday 2013 cannot come soon enough.

To enhance your GT6 experience, we are proud to announce the most extensive and robust pre-order offer for GT to date through participating retailers.

To start, we wanted to make sure our GT fans start off with the most current and unique vehicles that only GT6 can deliver:

4-Car Pack
  • BMW Z4 GT3 ’11
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 ’13
  • Tesla Model S Signature Performance ’13
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) ’14

But that’s just the beginning. Check out the exclusive offers we have below:

GameStop Exclusive – 15th Anniversary Edition Upgrade

How would you like to start your Gran Turismo 6 experience this Holiday with 20 unique vehicles? To properly celebrate the 15-year legacy of Gran Turismo, the Gamestop-Exclusive 15th Anniversary Edition includes 16 additional cars as well as your own customized paint chips, race suit, helmet, PSN Avatar, and a copy of Beyond the Apex II app. Each of the combined 20 vehicles will have their own unique enhancements, either visually or performance upgrades.

We’ll have more information on the 15th Anniversary Edition at a later date. For now, check out the entire line-up of 20 vehicles when you pre-order through GameStop

• BMW Z4 GT3 2011
  • Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 2013
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray (C7) 2014
  • Tesla Motors Model S Signature Performance 2013
  • Alfa Romeo TZ3 Stradale 2011
  • Alpine A110 1600S 1968
  • Aston Martin V12 Vantage 2010
  • Audi R8 LMS ultra 2012
  • Ford Focus ST 2013
  • Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 2013
  • Honda HSV-010 (SUPER GT) 2011
  • KTM X-BOW R
  • Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 2011
  • Lexus IS F Racing Concept 2008
  • Lotus Europa (type54) 1968
  • Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 2011
  • Renault Sport Megane Trophy V6 2011
  • SRT Viper GTS 2013
  • TRD 86 Racing 2008
  • Volkswagen Scirocco GT24 Race Car 2008
Amazon Exclusive – $1 Million In-Game Credit

Want to customize and build your own dream Gran Turismo garage? We’re confident a $1 Million In-Game Credit will help you do just that. In addition to getting the mentioned 4-Car pack, Amazon is offering our GT fans $1 Million In-Game Credit directly at start up, allowing you to buy, build, and race your own line-up of cars. Get a jump start in racing against your competitors online by reserving at Amazon.

For more info, check out www.gran-turismo.com/us.

Gonna fix my PS3 for this game.

GT6 race nights?!
DEFINITELY! But they will need to convince me that this is actually worth the purchase and not just a slight upgrade from GT5. Already heard that damage is going to be roughly the same as last time...

They should get rid of the license system....  I mean by now we all have earned enough GT license to last a lifetime.   I'm hoping that they expand on the Kart Racing.    I really wish that PD could have ported this to the PS4.  

They should get rid of the license system.... I mean by now we all have earned enough GT license to last a lifetime. I'm hoping that they expand on the Kart Racing. I really wish that PD could have ported this to the PS4.
You know, that's actually such a logical move...damn, how has this not been brought up. I mean, if I have a GT5 save game, surely they could import that to unlock the licenses (at least some of them) in GT6.

You know, that's actually such a logical move...damn, how has this not been brought up. I mean, if I have a GT5 save game, surely they could import that to unlock the licenses (at least some of them) in GT6.
I know the Forza titles have been doing this all generation... Granted, its just car unlocks as they don't have the license format.

The GT6-based Academy demo is up in the EU store.  (slow-ass SCEA strikes again :booty: )

edit: Just over 1gb btw.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/07/11/goodwood-hill-climb-track-coming-to-gran-turismo-6/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33XHZ0A51ck

The UK’s renowned 1.86 km Hill Climb at Goodwood will join Silverstone and Willow Springs as a new track on Gran Turismo 6 for PS3. A centerpiece of the annual Festival of Speed in England, Goodwood is the latest addition to Gran Turismo’s impressive lineup of 33 locations, with 71 different layouts available in GT6.

For those lucky enough to attend Goodwood Festival of Speed this week, a new GT6 demo will give some of the expected 185,000-plus spectators their chance to challenge Nick Heidfeld’s 41.6 second course record, set in a Formula 1 car in 1999. The demo will include a range of stunningly recreated cars to race up the virtual version of “The Hill.” If you can’t make it to the Festival of Speed in England this year, have no fear — you will get the same opportunity to conquer the hill when GT6 launches holiday 2013.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/11/04/full-gran-turismo-6-game-details-new-trailer-revealed/

Hello everyone. For GT fans eagerly awaiting Gran Turismo 6, the next four weeks might just be completely unbearable. To help ease the wait, I am very happy to share with you new information on what is shaping up to be a stunning new entry in the legendary series.

Pre-order Gran Turismo 6 here

Over 120 new cars have been added to GT6 – taking the already comprehensive total car tally to an unprecedented 1200+ vehicles.

In addition, the number of track layouts has swelled to 100 and features returning classic tracks and brand new locations and circuits such as Ascari, Spain and the world famous Silverstone, Goodwood and Mount Panorama tracks to name just a few.

The carefully considered and curated car and track list is supported by a completely overhauled physics engine making gameplay even more dynamic and realistic, a new interface, and enhanced online functionality to allow you to tailor your multiplayer gaming sessions as you wish.

The technical innovation in the game also extends to hugely ground-breaking technology that will see in future updates a new game feature known as ‘GPS Logger’. The GPS Logger will employ the GPS function of your phone or tablet and Gran Turismo’s in-game Course Maker to recreate your everyday school run or work commute as a circuit – the trip to college or work will never be the same!

Here’s what Kazunori Yamauchi, President of Polyphony Digital Inc and creator of the Gran Turismo series said about the forthcoming release.

“With the release of GT6 we are celebrating 15 years of Gran Turismo. It has been a privilege to have seen so many advancements made over this period, with GT6 now continuing to set new standards that blur the line between virtual and reality racing. With GT6 we will make it even more flexible and expandable by continuing to develop and add new content throughout its life.”

This post is just a mere glimpse under the bonnet of what’s heading to the starting line in a few weeks’ time and you can find out more by checking out gran-turismo.com for a full rundown of Gran Turismo 6.

To help you on the way there, feast your eyes on the brand new game trailer below, aptly titled “Start your Engines”… I hope you will be ready to do so come this December!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRKbIXb9ShE

Just wanted to give everyone a heads-up that people are already hacking GT6 saves for credits and such pre-launch. So um there goes any concern anyone should have about the micro-transactions and here comes a whole other can of worms in the form of the non-locked saves being hacked to bits no CFW needed. (it's still a process to edit and then re-sign them but someone will likely make a GT6 specific tool for it)

Picked up my copy and just started playing it. It's quite good so far. They seem to do a good job of introducing people to the game by letting you start racing right away to give some pointers, let you get used to the controls, and help you get going, which should be nice for new people since they never really did that before.

For all of the complaints about microtransactions (you can purchase credits if you don't wish to earn them by playing the game), the game doesn't push them on you in any way that I can tell. If you try to purchase a car out of your price range, it just gives you an "insufficient funds" error without trying to sell you credits so you can actually purchase that car. You have to go all the way to the leftmost menu and click on the GT Store to see that stuff, so they're certainly not pushing that stuff on people.

Warning, the GAME freezes up on me when trying to enter garage after deleting game data. Trying to reinstall the patch and delete it again.

Edit: I read that if it is your current car when you delete the patch that is what freezes the game. Redownloading again and will report back.

Edit 2:Yep it was the car thing. I just bought 58 various cars totaling 20 million. Going to buy several of the glitch cars to load up on the most expensive ones.

Unfortunately I didn't know you got the glitch car for free until after I paid $10 for 1 mil credits, wonder why the original glitch finder didn't mention that, makes me think they was all put on to sell several 1 mil credits to people, or get them to rush and get the game. Oh well. I guess I can't feel too bad since I came out with 115 cars including every 20 Mil car I could find.

And holy crap some of the cars look awful. The carryovers from the PS2 games hurt to look at after playing Forza 5.

Oh and LOL at 1200 cars. 40 miatas don't count. I think they have every special edition miata ( Mazda released about one every year, 99% of the changes were trim and cosmetic option combos).

Aside from the bothersome micro transactions, this is a sim racer, right? I like Forza Horizon, but not the regular Forza games, so I take it this game probably isn't for me?

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/11/gran-turismo-6-exclusive-drive-the-bmw-m4-coupe/

As a celebration of this collaboration between BMW and Gran Turismo 6, a unique seasonal event featuring the BMW M4 Coupé is available to all on GT6 for two weeks, from today until December 26th, 2013. The BMW M4 Coupé Superlap challenge will take place on the Nürburgring Grand Prix circuit, and gives players the opportunity to drive the car to complete the event, giving anyone the chance to experience this stunning new vehicle in the virtual world before it launches in the real world.

Until now, the BMW M4 Coupé has only been shown publicly as a ‘concept’, but thanks to an innovative collaboration with BMW, Polyphony Digital was able to get early access to the car during its development phase in order to meticulously recreate the BMW M4 Coupé for Gran Turismo 6.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RbF8wgpRdA

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/12/18/gran-turismo-6-updated-today-red-bull-challenge-unleashed/

Gran Turismo 6 will be updated today with two new Red Bull cars and the Red Bull X Challenge. The challenge is part of a collaboration with Infiniti Red Bull Racing that includes 2013 Formula 1 World Champion Sebastian Vettel mentoring players in the art of driving an authentic formula car.

Owners of GT6 will have the opportunity to select the first two of four new Red Bull cars. The Red Bull Racing Kart and Red Bull X2014 Junior will arrive in dealerships in-game via the update, while the Red Bull X2014 Standard and Fan cars can be expected to join them at a later stage. All of the new Red Bull X2014 cars have been designed for GT6 in conjunction with Infiniti Red Bull Racing’s legendary Chief Technical Officer Adrian Newey.

The collaboration between Polyphony Digital and Red Bull is another project which celebrates the franchise’s 15th anniversary, and the free update has been provided as a special end-of-year gift for Gran Turismo fans.

A second phase of the Red Bull X Challenge, along with the other two Red Bull cars, will be made available in a future update for GT6.

Here’s a list of what’s included in this latest 1.02 update:

• Consecutive Login Bonus: when you log online for consecutive days, a bonus to all credits awarded will accrue up to a potential 200% bonus on the fifth day. Be sure to login everyday to earn more credits!
  • Earned Credits in Career Mode Increased: enough said.
  • Entry Requirements for Seasonal Events Lowered: players will only need a National B licence in order to participate in Seasonal Events and, for a limited time, there will be unique special events that will reward cars as prizes, so don’t miss this opportunity and remember to log online!
  • Bonus Events within Seasonal Events: two new Seasonal Events will run from December 20th, 2013 to January 17th, 2014 and January 2nd to January 30th, 2014. These unique events marking the seasonal holidays and the new year will feature special bonus credits.

Anyone else playing this right now? I'm having a lot of fun with it. GT games are really the only "sim" racer I can do okay with an enjoy. Tons of events, cars, tracks, and challenges. A Moon section? Haha, I haven't done anything like that since Blast Corps.

Do the Mario Andretti event for some massive points and an old car you can use to get the classic car trophy.

GT6 fans please take this as just my personal opinion, be gentle.

I've made it to the S Class, so I've put a fair amount of time into playing it.

At first, I was liking the game, I was getting used to the controls and learning the tracks, but now that I've played it a lot I have to say that ultimately, I'm disappointed in GT6.

I haven't played GT since GT2 on the original PS. I've been a Forza player since Forza 1 and put at least 75 hours into playing Forza 4. I think it is fair to Compare GT6 to Forza 4, and Forza 4 is the much better game despite being 2 years older. This is just my personal opinion. There is a long list of things that Forza just does better, but to sum up the big gripes here is what I don't like about GT6.

No mechanical damage Forza does it I don't understand why GT can't.

Audio is awful or bad on a lot of cars. To me some of the audio samples sound like they were lifted from GT2.

AI is not challenging. I feel like every race is a slalom race around the AI. They just stick to their set driving line and don't deviate from it. I have AI aggression turned to 10 and still I don't feel like the AI is aggressive enough.

Car "variety" is a joke. Getting 1200 cars in the game is easy when you have 20 versions of the 3000 GT, 15 Civics, and so on. Just put 1 or 2 of these models in the game. Seriously, what is the point?

There isn't a wide enough variety of racing events. Forza 4 had an insane amount of events that incorporated every class and/or car type into the event. It made experience all of the cars in the game. The events in GT6 is going to leave a lot of cars undiscovered and collecting dust.

The way that cars handle can be really frustrating. No matter how I setup the car or feather the controls, some cars are just simply uncontrollable because I don't feel like the handling was setup with joystick drivers in mind and was instead catered to steering wheel drivers.

GT6 is OK, but it is not anything special. I really wanted to like it and was really excited for it pre launch, so I pre ordered a copy. Hopefully GT7 on PS4 will be a rebirth for the franchise. Forza since it debuted in '05 has chipped away at GT's allure and is now the king. GT has fallen behind and has a lot to improve.

I just feel like GT and GT fans need to sort of wake up and come to the realization that GT isn't as good as they think. This will only serve to improve the franchise which is what I want. I want this game to be awesome and better than Forza.

bread's done
Back