Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete Edition-$19.99 in-store at Target

[quote name='gepet0']Thanks was able to print and price match at best buy.[/QUOTE]

I'm surprised you were able to find a copy there. I don't think my store has any in stock.

Well FWIW I suspect some of you guys may have a similar setup to my local Target.

Even though the Xbox version of GTA IV Complete rings up for $40, my local Target had it stocked on the $20 games rack instead of behind the prison cases. Some employees will confuse the GTA IV Complete with the regular one since the tag isn't labeled as clearly and stock them there as such. So I just pointed out the mistake of the stock shelf and the manager honored the shelf price.

YMMV of course but it was easy to point out that the games priced greater than $20 were all stocked in their prison cases while this Xbox title was not and hence the "advertised price" argument held.

They ran out of the PS3 version but had 3x 360 behind the doors, but it rang up to $40 so I just said no. I could have tried to PM at BB, but I wanted the b2g1 promo
I did walk out with 4x copies each for Your Shape, Big Loser, Fantastic Pets for about $170 with tax

[quote name='iRandom']They ran out of the PS3 version but had 3x 360 behind the doors, but it rang up to $40 so I just said no. I could have tried to PM at BB, but I wanted the b2g1 promo
I did walk out with 4x copies each for Your Shape, Big Loser, Fantastic Pets for about $170 with tax[/QUOTE]

What is the BB TIV for Fantastic Pets? The website doesn't have it listed.

[quote name='Donut2922']Well FWIW I suspect some of you guys may have a similar setup to my local Target.

Even though the Xbox version of GTA IV Complete rings up for $40, my local Target had it stocked on the $20 games rack instead of behind the prison cases. Some employees will confuse the GTA IV Complete with the regular one since the tag isn't labeled as clearly and stock them there as such. So I just pointed out the mistake of the stock shelf and the manager honored the shelf price.

YMMV of course but it was easy to point out that the games priced greater than $20 were all stocked in their prison cases while this Xbox title was not and hence the "advertised price" argument held.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty much exactly how my Target is set up. I was actually looking for it in the prison case section and couldn't find it. Then I wandered over to the $20 rack and it was there... except I took it to one of the price checkers and it was $20. It was even RIGHT NEXT to the Greatest Hits vanilla version of GTA IV... which was also $20.

I saw the xbox version in the prison case marked as $40. Maybe I'll punch in the dpci in the price scanner to double check.

Thats it, after watching the GTA V trailer, I want to play this game again but on the PS3 since I already beaten it on the 360. And the $20 mark is such a fucking steal, I gotta add it to my PS3 collection. If anything, I actually prefers the controls for this game on the Playstation instead on the the Xbox.

Wow yeah, just got finished messing around with my room mates vanilla copy in SP, just driving around causing mayhem. Game is still an amazing blast to play, despite the blurriness. One thing I found in my quest to "fix" said blurriness was, of all things, to turn up the Brightness & Contrast (in-game) up 3 or so notches. Looked MUCH better.

And no, the "flicker filter" that someone will probably mention is not included in the display tab in-game when you're playing in HD.

[quote name='UNDERSTAR']Thats it, after watching the GTA V trailer, I want to play this game again but on the PS3 since I already beaten it on the 360. And the $20 mark is such a fucking steal, I gotta add it to my PS3 collection. If anything, I actually prefers the controls for this game on the Playstation instead on the the Xbox.[/QUOTE]

I know exactly what you mean man. I bought GTAIV at launch and then I bought the first DLC when it came out. I worked at Hollywood Video/GaneCrazy at the time so I rented Episodes From Liberty City for free, and finished the Ballad Of Gay Tony. I even told my sister that I might have to go through all of them again because we still own the original three for Xbox, and they're a blast. Also bought the first three at launch for the PS2.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm surprised you were able to find a copy there. I don't think my store has any in stock.[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is I seached the racks and didn't see anything. The store said there was 1. As a last resort I checked the clearance bin and it was in there.

I want GTAIV complete for ps3. I'm thinking should I take advantage of this deal, or wait until Blackfriday? .. maybe Amazon will have it for $19.99 again. It's only like $5 more, but I want to use my Amazon credit, and gain reward points!

Just got off chat with amazon.com about price matching Target.com. The CSR just game me a link to their no price match policy .. that is not what I wanted hehe. How do you guys go about trying to get amazon to price match?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='DEADCiTiES']I want GTAIV complete for ps3. I'm thinking should I take advantage of this deal, or wait until Blackfriday? .. maybe Amazon will have it for $19.99 again. It's only like $5 more, but I want to use my Amazon credit, and gain reward points!

Just got off chat with amazon.com about price matching Target.com. The CSR just game me a link to their no price match policy .. that is not what I wanted hehe. How do you guys go about trying to get amazon to price match?[/QUOTE]

I don't know the link off hand, but it's something like "report a lower price or something like that."

I searched for that, but no luck. I see CAG's say "submitted price match to amazon" but don't know how they're doing it.

[quote name='ssjmichael']About 1/3rd down the page, a little before the description there's a link that says "tell us about a lower price"[/QUOTE]

thanks! :D

[quote name='Kazuya']That's pretty much exactly how my Target is set up. I was actually looking for it in the prison case section and couldn't find it. Then I wandered over to the $20 rack and it was there... except I took it to one of the price checkers and it was $20. It was even RIGHT NEXT to the Greatest Hits vanilla version of GTA IV... which was also $20.[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened to me today - 1 Complete edition PS3 in the middle of the red case GTA4 greatest hits cases all selling for $19.99

bread's done
Back