Grand Theft Auto V $33.99 ($27.20 after 20% GCU discount) at Best Buy (Amazon has PM'd)

coopscohen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
91 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!  Thanks OP!  I had a calendar alert set for Amazon's price drop on this.  No longer need to deal with that annoyance over the holiday season.  

Yeah the GCU not stacking yesterday was a bummer, but BB has been killing it lately IMO. 

Something similar kind of happened to me. My membership was supposed to expire back in August yet I get the discount. I have no idea how the hell I'm still a GCU member.

EDIT: Didn't even think about it until now but I checked my profile at BB.com and apparently I'm GCU until 2/1/14. I'm sure my subscription expired back in August though. Not complaining though!
Mine is until 2/10/14. And yeah i'm not complaining either! Haha.

This "black Friday all week long" thing is a great opportunity for stores to earn a few extra dollars before the even deeper discounts.. :eek: I can wait.

This "black Friday all week long" thing is a great opportunity for stores to earn a few extra dollars before the even deeper discounts.. :eek: I can wait.
Actually this is the cheapest GTA V will be for BF by $1. BBY decided to stay one step ahead of everyone.

Still waiting to see if AMZ matches, but it doesn't look like they will. If by the time I come back from my smoke they haven't, I'm just going to bite on both GTA V and Bioshock Infinite from BBY.

Amazon has it for a little cheaper but I might see if I can still get it on Thursday. If not, I am okay. I can always return the copy within 30 days and get refunded so no problem for me.

Debating if I want to double dip. Loved it on 360 but I'm worried it's gonna get a ps4 port
I would expect to see an upgrade option like they have done with some of the others already. So I'd rather get it at this price and upgrade it than pay $60 when it drops.

For some weird reason when, I went to checkout the price was listed at $67 in my cart. If this happens, just remove it and add it again and you should be good to go. 

Hmmm, I've managed to weather the pre-release and then the launch hype for this one so I'm not sure if this is my magical price point. I definitely want it, but with a back log so huge, I can't imagine completing this game any time in the near future. Gaaaaaaaah, why must you do this to me, Best Buy?! 

How were the chipped discs? :roll:

Can't beat $17 for this NEW.
Yeah, the numerous horror stories of chipped discs keeps me from buying from Gamefly. Besides, many of their game sales are usually found for equal or lesser price, new, soon after.

BBY is now OOS of Bioshock Infinite for PS3...but thankfully Amazon PM'ed just in time. Grabbed that and GTA V from Amazon. Also got 5% cash back for this order. May not be GCU awesomeness...but I'll take what I can get for free. :D

Huge props to ya Coops for posting both these deals. Thanks man!

Thanks op for the heads up. I just got the game from amazon. Looking forward to trying the multiplayer.

I wonder how much it will be at the lightning deal on Thursday.

Yeah, the numerous horror stories of chipped discs keeps me from buying from Gamefly. Besides, many of their game sales are usually found for equal or lesser price, new, soon after.

Haha. You basically described my whole experience with Gamefly. I have either ended up with chipped discs, and/or I regret buying the game because it goes on sale for the same or a lower price, brand new, within weeks. I don't even look at GF threads anymore. Gamefly is dead to me.

GTA5 at this price is amazing. Highly recommend for anyone still on the fence. Fun campaign/story and enjoyable online.

Got 1. Thx Op.

Wish I knew about the GF sale. I never had a problem with Gamefly either, bought from their sales numerous times. But I have a ton of BB giftcards so this was a good deal.

BBY is now OOS of Bioshock Infinite for PS3...but thankfully Amazon PM'ed just in time. Grabbed that and GTA V from Amazon. Also got 5% cash back for this order. May not be GCU awesomeness...but I'll take what I can get for free. :D

Huge props to ya Coops for posting both these deals. Thanks man!
Chipped, incredibly scratched, huge crack down the middle of the disc, years ago when I bought games from Gamefly I never received anything to the quality that people here posted about. I finally gave up, and have never purchased anything from them since.

Best Buy has been killing it lately. If I didn't already buy Bioshock Infinite from Newegg for $18 a couple months ago I would have grabbed it here. Definitely in for GTAV for ~$30 after tax!

Well worth this price. I bought it at launch (with GS credit of course ;)) and it's worth every penny. Online hasn't been too great though, IMO.

Thanks OP!,now I don't have to get lucky with Amazon's lightning deal later this week.
Thing is, Amazon placed GTA V in their BF LD's to compete with Walmart's price of $34. BBY jumped the gun by selling it now for $34, in turn, forcing Amazon to PM it as well. Thing is, AMZ now has output a greater amount of GTA V stock than they probably intended for their LD...at least match the stock quantity of BBY until they sell out.

Point is...I wonder if AMZ will sell GTA V for $34 during their LD, or sell it for possibly less.

Thing is, Amazon placed GTA V in their BF LD's to compete with Walmart's price of $34. BBY jumped the gun by selling it now for $34, in turn, forcing Amazon to PM it as well. Thing is, AMZ now has output a greater amount of GTA V stock than they probably intended for their LD...at least match the stock quantity of BBY until they sell out.

Point is...I wonder if AMZ will sell GTA V for $34 during their LD, or sell it for possibly less.
Maybe they might pull it from the LD, or they could offer it for $29.99. This black Friday has been a complete mess. I don't know whether to buy or wait.

Apparently my GCU got extended too, so I was able to cancel my Amazon order and get 2 for in store pick up. Thanks folks!

Me and a buddy each picked up a copy. Bought MOH: Warfighter for 9.99 online and did in-store pickup today, so I've got two new titles to play.

GTA 5 came out to $19.20 after trading in Darksiders 1, 2, and Mortal Kombat. Not too shabby.

Wife has been wanting to play this game for a while but we were waiting on a price drop... argh... to get it for her or to wait for a lower price... think it will go cheaper by Christmas?

Wife has been wanting to play this game for a while but we were waiting on a price drop... argh... to get it for her or to wait for a lower price... think it will go cheaper by Christmas?
In my experience, and if my memory is correct, games are usually a bit more expensive during Xmas sales when compared to their BF prices. If GTA V is $34 now...expect it to be on sale for $39.99 during Xmas.

For example...last year I scored both WWE 13 and Borderlands 2 for $25 each during BF. But for their Winter Sale, they were a bit more.

In my experience, and if my memory is correct, games are usually a bit more expensive during Xmas sales when compared to their BF prices. If GTA V is $34 now...expect it to be on sale for $39.99 during Xmas.

For example...last year I scored both WWE 13 and Borderlands 2 for $25 during BF. But for their Winter Sale, they were a bit more.
Thanks Pennywise. I flipped a coin, I'll go ahead and get it for her.

Thanks Pennywise. I flipped a coin, I'll go ahead and get it for her.
Correction...$25 each, not for both...as that would be crazy. :dunce:

But yeah, this is a great deal considering a game of this caliber and it just came out 2 months ago. GTA games are generally worth the initial price due to the massive scope and sheer amount of content when compared to most games out there. Not to mention the level of execution regarding their design is fairly high and well done. So getting it for anything less than $40 this soon is a great deal.

bread's done
Back