Grandia II Anniversary Edition is out now!

Grandia's probably my favorite RPG series, 2 was great but the first one is what really needs a modern remake.  We only ever got an inferior port of it in the first place.

I have only played the first, but have really wanted to play the rest.  Just don't have the time to sit and play a long game anymore.  When I do I just don't want to.  This I would make the time and make myself play it.  I hope they do it right.

Glad to hear a great game is getting an HD re-release. I will be getting it for sure. 

Grandia 2 was the only game in the series I really enjoyed (I might give 1 another shot sometime, though. It froze on me 10 or so hours in and it killed the experience). I don't remember a lot about 12, but the main character was anti-religion if I remember correctly, which I liked. I probably will get it when it's 75% off. I just wish it had widescreen and was mostly bug free. The Steam forums/reviews make it sound like there are quite a few.

Grandia 1's psn port plays great, if you have a system that can play it.  I really hope they give us an HD-updo of III, it would be in widescreen

Grandia 1's psn port plays great, if you have a system that can play it. I really hope they give us an HD-updo of III, it would be in widescreen
I ended up buying the PSN version full price, but it's in my huge backlog. Haven't decided yet if I'll play that version or open an emulator. That would be pretty cool if they updated 3. I have to admit I was disappointed with it, though. Thought the beginning was great and the story showed potential, but then you lose some characters and it becomes pretty much nonexistent if I remember correctly (it's been a long time).

The story shifts at that point in 3 but I thought it held up, you meet most of the interesting characters after that.  Not as good as the first two but still good.

Hey, the mom was a super-interesting character!  I wish she had stayed in the party, but I'm not complaining about the other characters, I liked them a lot more than about 60% of the characters in Grandia II (mostly the two girls (not the robot girl), and the little kid, though the kid was interesting).

bread's done
Back