Grandia II

360CoreGaMer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Okay, I have been playing this game for a while, and I keep getting lost that is not what is upsetting me about it, what is though is that I cannot figure out if Millenia good or bad, can someone please answer this?

How long is this game anyways? I remember playing until you first meet Roan (on the Dreamcast) and then stopping for some reason or other. This was about 2 years ago and I've been intending to get back to this game. Unfortunately I have even less free time now compared to before so I don't know if I should start it back up again.

I have the Dreamcast version myself and it took me around 40-50 hours to beat last time I played (that was 2 years ago). Bare in mind I tend to do nearly every side quests and level grind just for heck of it.

one of the most linear and easy ones, you can recharge your hp and mp every 5 minutes. i still enjoyed it though because of the battle system.

You guys have just reminded me why I stopped playing. It was becoming very easy and boring and the story wasn't good enough to keep me interested. I loved the combat system but it couldn't overcome the pathetic difficulty level. It was to bad really, I put ~60 hours into the first Grandia and loved it. I think I ended up giving Grandia away to someone here on CAG.

Slight hijack: How is Grandia 3? Is it worth it for me to try to find?

[quote name='cletus']
Slight hijack: How is Grandia 3? Is it worth it for me to try to find?[/quote]

I haven't played it yet, but I've heard that there's a major difficulty ramp towards the end.

[quote name='Vegan']I haven't played it yet, but I've heard that there's a major difficulty ramp towards the end.[/quote]
I don't remember any difficulty spikes, other than the final boss.

If you really dig the Grandia battle system, #3 is a good buy, but don't go in expecting a good story. It has a promising start, but in the end proves to be more insipid than #2.

Pretty much it...
Grandia III = moderate moderate moderate oh look final boss ASS NEAR IMPOSSIBLE. (is currently stuck on last boss). And about the story, opinions differ on III. I loved the story, I thought it was adorable, yeah it peters out in the end, but i'm sorry but Grandia II's story kind of petered out in the end too, I mean COME ON
Mareg DIES?!!?!? and we get the little brat back? BULLSHIT (btw if that's not his name sorry) but the lion man is awesome

I was a big fan of Grandia II.

Not difficult, but I loved the battle system. I think I remember my DC saves being around 32-37 hours long.

The grandia series has the best battle system bar none. I just loved the original and the second one isn't bad, better magic attacks than the first

I just got to the 2nd town in this one. The story is bland and the graphics are mediocre but the battles are addictive.

Hearing that it's 20 hours makes me happy, I can get through that in a few weeks no problem.

bread's done
Back