Graphics Card Recommendations

Luriden

CAGiversary!
Feedback
694 (100%)
My CPU is an i5 3350P with 3.10gz I and I have 8gb of RAM. I'm on a budget, so I upgraded my video card to a GTX 650 (not the Ti edition). After selling off my 9600GT, the card came to about $100.

I have my PC hooked up to a 45 inch 1080p television, so I'd like to run all my games at 1080p. Everything I've tried run 30fps+ for me (which is good enough for me since I'm used to console gaming, where non-COD games are usually around 30fps.) Sleeping Dogs has issues if I turn on AA, but AA doesn't seem to make much of a difference on 1080p anyway.

However, I REALLY want to be able to max out Titanfall. When running at 1080p with Insane texture details, I get about 30fps, but once the titans come into play, I have massive pausing problems. The game will randomly freeze for a second when the action is going on. Even if I'm not in a titan, if there's titans around causing havoc somewhere, it'll pause every 10 seconds or less. I've shut AA and Vsync off, same problem. The framerate is fine otherwise, but the pausing is sporadic and inconvenient. 900p is fine, but I'm going for 1080p.

I thought I was getting a decent card, but after going to different forums and reading reviews, apparently my shiny new GTX 650 is low end garbage. Since I'm apparently video card illiterate, can someone recommend me a cheap card that'll get me going on Titanfall maxed out, maybe even at 60fps? I've had my eye on the GTX 750 Ti, which is only $170 on Amazon, but I'm afraid it won't be much different after going through the trouble of refunding my 650 and getting the 750Ti.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back