Graphics Card

kongfunk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
For some reason my ATI Readon X700 won't work my dell 4700 anymore, Anyone know any deals on Graphics Cards and maybe power supplies. And if I upgrade the power supply well I have a big problem.

The power supply needs to be upgraded depending on the card you want to get, because otherwise your computer won't be able to handle the new pressure and keep overheating.

There are the new DirectX 10 series coming out that are at or around $100, and some even cheaper. I've heard really good things about the 8600 GT, and it's really the best bang for your buck at the moment if you want a real nice boost in performance.

Of course, I'll have to know what your budget is and what kinds of games you'll be playing to give you a much better suggestion.

Then I definitely recommend getting an 8600GT. Like I said, you get the most quality for what it's worth, and right now you can play Battlefield 2 on max everything when you use it (this was tested on a laptop, which has like 3/4 the power of a desktop card). I'd definitely recommend picking it up.

Here's a good one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125061

Really nice brand, and it not only comes with a $15 rebate (Down to $128), but also the Silent Pipe II video card cooler and a free copy of Supreme Commander (which is a great game if you ever wanted to try out RTS games). Plus, there's a combo with an also highly-rated Rosewill PSU that will definitely support the video card at 550W. Both have pretty good reviews on NewEgg, so with both you're still under $200. Pretty good deal right there. ;)

Not to mention, this card is guaranteed to play games like Crysis at least mid-range settings.

bread's done
Back