Graphite GBA SP

Flak

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What are the chances of getting a graphite GBA SP for under $30? The cheapest I've found is at $50 and I want to jump on it since I have no GBA portability, but I'm hesitant.

If it's backlit as opposed to the older side-lit and it's in great condition, you should go for it.

Quick check for side vs back: When you hit the light button, a side-lit model turns the light completely off. A backlit model becomes a new level of unholy brightness for your ocular pleasure.

I'm in the same boat, actually. My kids have a GBA, and since getting my DSi I have a newfound appreciation for the device, in large part because it also plays GB and GBC games, which is something even the DS Lite can't do.

I've been paying Super Mario Land 2 on their GBA. Awesome game. But now I need my own GBA. Definitely want a backlit one. Plus maybe then we can get a copy of Four Swords for NGC finally. Is it possible to check a GBA at gamestop before buying, even look through a bunch of them, or are you just buying a box and hoping what's inside is good? I've never bought a used console at GS before. Also, do you get 10% off with Edge, or does that not apply? Lastly, is there any way to tell from just looking at a GBA that it is backlit? For example, if buying on ebay.

[quote name='crunchewy']Lastly, is there any way to tell from just looking at a GBA that it is backlit? For example, if buying on ebay.[/QUOTE]

Pearl Blue
Pearl Pink
Graphite

These colors were the big qty that had the backlite.

You can also see if model number AGS-101 is on the bottom, which would mean the upgraded model.

[quote name='62t']$40 used at gamestop.[/quote]
What's the UPC or code for the graphite one so I can call my local GB's?

[quote name='crunchewy']Is it possible to check a GBA at gamestop before buying, even look through a bunch of them, or are you just buying a box and hoping what's inside is good?[/QUOTE]

Where I am, the portables aren't boxed in any way. They have them either locked in the same case as the games or they're in the glass counter. If you're looking for GBMs, they have those in ziploc bags, locked in a drawer.

My local EB has a pearl blue GBASP in box for $40. I thought about asking them if I could look at it, but I just assumed it was scratched. I have the Classic NES GBASP, but I found that I don't really have a need for it. I snagged about 10 GameBoy games for it and haven't played any of them but Donkey Kong. I am too busy with my dozens of GBA games on my Micro.

I was at that EB the other day and had them take out that SP for me. Of course the lid was scratched to hell and back. The inside was fine, though. I fired it up. It was the first time I had ever seen the backlit SP in action. The low setting seemed equal to the normal SP and the bright setting was like the micro.

I got a graphite backlit via eBay and it's pretty nice EXCEPT that there is sand or dust or something *behind* the glass. I'm wondering how hard it is to take apart and get to that. The DS Lite is difficult, but the GBA SP? Otherwise it's very nice.

[quote name='crunchewy']I got a graphite backlit via eBay and it's pretty nice EXCEPT that there is sand or dust or something *behind* the glass. I'm wondering how hard it is to take apart and get to that. The DS Lite is difficult, but the GBA SP? Otherwise it's very nice.[/QUOTE]
Just out of curiousity, how much did you buy it for? I traded in my SP to get a DS Lite and now I regret it.

bread's done
Back