Grave of the Fireflies DVD Preorder $17.99

Not sure why you're mentioning blu-ray. Because the link is for the re-released DVD.

It's probably not getting a blu-ray right now. Since Sentai only announced the DVD release when they picked the license.

I looked all over for this last year and ended up buying it on fleabay for $25 ;(. I did truly lobe the story, though it made me :cry: at the end.

This is one of those movies I loved, but I'm not sure if I want to see multiple times. If it did come to Blu however, I probably would bite. It is probably the saddest movie I've ever seen though.

[quote name='ssjmichael']This is one of those movies I loved, but I'm not sure if I want to see multiple times. If it did come to Blu however, I probably would bite. It is probably the saddest movie I've ever seen though.[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way. It's a great film, but it's so depressing that it's not something I'd want to watch over and over again.

It doesn't exactly fall under the Ghibli "family friendly" label, so it keeps barely managing to stay in print on DVD. Hopefully that doesn't prevent it from eventually getting a Blu-ray release in the US. I'll likely get this version though if I end up making an order on rightstuf and need something to bump up to free shipping.

bread's done
Back