Grave of the Fireflies DVD

I don't know where you can find the DVD but off topic the saddest movie I've ever seen.

Not a bad movie, but uses cheap techiniques to pull emotional strings, very much like Spielburg does. My wife was balling her head off. I pretty much saw through the plot, and it didn't effect me much. Interesting to see the Japanese side of the WW2 bombings, so its worth a watch. I thinks its over rated tho.

DeepDiscountDVD.com has the regular set for $10.78 and Overstock.com has the collector's set for $18.88. Those are the cheapest price I coud find. The only difference is that the collector's version has a bunch of interviews and such. I bought a copy of this from Target a few years ago for $10 (I think it is just the regular edition), but I'm not sure if they still carry it.

Movie-Only Version

Collector's Version

A bit off topic but the live action one is better imo. And you can dl that on torrents. As for the anime I have no idea where to get it cheap sorry :p

[quote name='horrido']Not a bad movie, but uses cheap techiniques to pull emotional strings, very much like Spielburg does. My wife was balling her head off. I pretty much saw through the plot, and it didn't effect me much. Interesting to see the Japanese side of the WW2 bombings, so its worth a watch. I thinks its over rated tho.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree, everyone saying this is the saddest movie, but I didn't tear up watching it, it was a different kind of sad, just brings you down a little, but nowhere as good of a movie as I thought it would be. (Still good tho, but probably my least favorite anime movie, only seen about 10)

I definitely don't think it was the saddest, but it did prove to alot of people that an animated movie can actually be serious and touching, which to me is a big deal, especially over here in the US.

bread's done
Back