Gravity Rush = awesome

akathatoneguy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So, I was pleasantly surprised when I downloaded my PS+ games and gave Gravity Rush a try. From the name alone, I expected some kind of futuristic racing title or something (I don't read gaming sites as much as I used to and had honestly never heard of the game) and was really surprised and pretty much blown away.

I'm almost two hours in but I'm doing all of the side quests, etc. I haven't even played Wipeout or Uncharted yet and my trial PS+ membership has already been great because of this game. I saw that there's DLC and went to search for it online to see if it was worth it, and found out that apparently Kat will be free DLC (for the first two weeks) for PS All-Stars, too. Awesome news to me; when I started playing I immediately thought, "I wish she was a character in PS All-Stars" (the other Vita game I've been playing like crazy.

Anyone else play this game when it first came out, or have any of you newer Vita users who are using PS+ tried it? Thoughts? (non-spoilery, of course)

My daughter finished the story a few days ago, and I've got a couple of chapters to go. I agree, it's a great game (although I could have done without "that one level" - you'll know it when you get there).

Bought it and beat the mission mode shortly after it came out. I wasn't into the side missions so much as I found them kind of frustrating but I enjoyed the story. The game mechanic was also relatively novel. I enjoyed the art style and found Kat appealing as a character.

I sold the game as I did not see myself revisiting it much once I beat it.
If I remember correctly, the end was somewhat nebulous and really sets you up for a possible sequel. I remember thinking at the time that the sequel will probably really excel because they will work out most of the kinks and perfect the game a little more.
Also, I sold it before any of the extra downloadable content came out so I never played that.

The fact that the game is free to download for the Playstation Plus service has tempted me a bit to subscribe as I think I might like to revisit it at some point.

GR/GD my favorite Exclusive. Kat is awesome. :)

My favorite non-exclusive is "Virtue's Last Reward" Do yourself a favor if you are a fan of a good story and pick that up too. :)

So far this game has surprised me. I know everyone was pretty hyped for it, but I'm surprised at just how good it looks and how it has more depth than what the demo implied. It's kinda fun traveling around too - reminds me of the first open world spiderman game where you just kinda play around with it to see how much you can get away with.

[quote name='handsomepete']So far this game has surprised me. I know everyone was pretty hyped for it, but I'm surprised at just how good it looks and how it has more depth than what the demo implied. It's kinda fun traveling around too - reminds me of the first open world spiderman game where you just kinda play around with it to see how much you can get away with.[/QUOTE]

Definitely, and so far (I'm only through Episode 5) I like the bite-sized nature of the quests and side quests. Even if I only play for 20 minutes I feel like I can make some progress.

I bought this when it came out, never played it and then sold it when it became free on Plus. I started on this now and so far I'm digging it. I'm on chapter 6. I really like the comic book feel and style to the game. The mechanics are good but it's funny how sometimes you feel like a badass and other times you feel like you are doing it wrong. Overall though a fun game and a worthy exclusive.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']GR/GD my favorite Exclusive. Kat is awesome. :)

My favorite non-exclusive is "Virtue's Last Reward" Do yourself a favor if you are a fan of a good story and pick that up too. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the tangent, but I'm also madly addicted to VLR at this moment. I am torturing myself over the puzzles on hard mode just to unlock all the backstory right now.

I will seek out Gravity Rush once I complete VLR and Persona4. I

Gravity Rush is definitely fun and a solid game, but I haven't been blown away by it yet. I am only on Episode 4 though. The graphics and presentation are top notch so far and the story seems interesting enough for an action game. The gameplay though is pretty bleh. Hopefully it will get better.

[quote name='Yanksfan']Gravity Rush is definitely fun and a solid game, but I haven't been blown away by it yet. I am only on Episode 4 though. The graphics and presentation are top notch so far and the story seems interesting enough for an action game. The gameplay though is pretty bleh. Hopefully it will get better.[/QUOTE]

Only up to 6 or just finished 6 but the gameplay seems to be opening up a bit with new abilities, I think I'm more disappointed by the bland enemy design.

bread's done
Back