Great auction score

igotbass

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I went to a local auction today and managed to get the following for a total of $55. I am trying to borrow a digital camera so I can get some pics.

NES
Breakthru - cart only
Commando - cart only
Contra - cart only
Destiny of the Emporer - cart, manual and map
Dragon Warrior II - cart and manual
Dragon Warrior III - cart, map and box (no manual)
Excitebike - cart only
Final Fantasy - complete (box and manual a little rough)
Ghost 'n' Goblins - cart only
Golgo 13 - cart only
Kid Icarus - cart only
Kid Niki - cart only
Kung Fu - cart only
Low G Man - Cart and manual
Metal Gear - cart only
Metroid - cart only
Mike Tyson's Punch Out - cart only
Pro Wrestling - cart only
Rygar - cart only
Sky Kid - complete (excellent shape)
Snake's Revenge - cart only
Super Mario Bros. - cart only
Super Mario 2 - cart only
Zelda II The Adventures of Link - Gold cart only

SNES
SNES system with 2 controllers and all hook ups (a litte yellowed)
Bust-A-Move - cart only
Chrono Trigger - cart, manual and maps(inserts)
Donkey Kong Country 2 - cart only
Donkey Kong Country 3 - cart only
Dungeon Master - cart and manual
Final Fantasy II - complete and mint
Final Fantasy III - cart, manual and map
John Madden Football - cart and maunual
Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - complete and excellent
Secret of Mana - cart only
Street Fighter II - cart only
Super Bomberman - complete and mint
Super Mario All-Stars - cart only
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars - cart and manual (excellect shape)
Super Mario World - cart only
Tetris 2 - cart only

Genesis
Genesis 2 system - no hookups
Shining Force - cart and box
Shadowrun - cart and box
Traysia - complete

Also got a Breath of Fire Manual and manual and all inserts for Lufia.

How do you guys think I came out?

I thought I did pretty good. There was a black label FF7 and FFtactics there, but FF7 was missing disc 1 so I passed on that lot. It went for 10 bucks so I was kinda pissed. But I only really wanted the NES and SNES stuff. If you really want to break it down, all the SNES stuff was $20 and the NES and Genesis was $35. All in all a good day. My best haul ever.

I've seen SNES and NES systems at my one local thrift shop for 3-4 bucks each before.

Of course, I've always been short of $$$$ when I see them and they disappear by the time I run home and grab some $$$$.

I saw the original Metal Gear at the one thrift shop here for like .99, but wasn't sure if it was considered rare or anything, so I didn't grab it.

Either way though, great haul OP.

it was just an estate auction. Some ladies husband died and she is selling the house becasue it was too big. These were all here kids old video games.

I hooked everything up last night and tested the games and everything works flawlessly.

Nice finds how was it split up? Did you win the SNES stuff all in one lot & the other 2 systems with all the respective games in lots? I'm guessing that it wasen't choice.

Also just out of curiosity what made you go to this auction? Did it have anything listed in the paper like "video games" "Nintendo" or anything that made you decide to check it out. I have gotten afew video games at auctions but I'll only ever check out an auction if it lists video games or anything in particular in the paper. I always think that there probably are some auctions around locally that may have some video games even if they don't mention it in the paper but figure that it would be to much trouble to drive to every auction I see in the paper that's close by as it's hard enough for me to sit at an auction with something interesting listed for a long hour or two waiting for something I'm interested in to be put on the auction block :)

hope everything works cause if those RPg game batteries are dead then i would say you got an okay deal. BUT if all games work perfect

WICKED DEAL

I have tried all the NES RPG's and they all saved properly so I think I will be ok there.

As for how it was grouped, the NES and genesis stuff were in one lot and the SNES was in another lot. My wife likes to go to auctions and she happened to see something she wanted there so we stopped. I ended up with the good score. :)

bread's done
Back