Great Deal on tv at Sears.

l rumble l

CAGiversary!
I was planing on buying a tv on black friday, but i found this tv this morning and it seems like a great deal.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05775727000P?vName=Computers+%26+Electronics&keyword=05775727000&sLevel=0?lid=plasma_tv_h&sid=ie_11750_U_x16

Now i have never owned a plasma tv befor. Can you give me a few pointers on keeping it safe. Like is there anything i need to know about gaming on a plasma. Is it safe. Also i heard that watching movies with the black bars on the top and bottom can cause problems with a plasma. I would just like some first hand advice on plasma or even this tv. Any help would be great. Thanks!:D

Hey,

I have a Philips Plasma that I got back in March, but it was even refurbished and is a 2 year old model now. I game on it all the time and have watched things with the black bars and never noticed any problem.

From what I can tell only either 1. the original Plasmas from back in the day or 2. really bad quality ones should have any of these issues.

I don't have experience with Hitachi though, but as far as a technology I like Plasma.

I think that this is a good price for 1080p, back in march I paid $800 for a 42" Plasma 720p that was refurbished with no warranty and to me that was a deal.

I read over some of the reviews and it seems that some are saying that it really is not 1080p because of the actual resolution that the TV displays. Still its a great deal for a 1080i set.

[quote name='cdrober']I think that this is a good price for 1080p, back in march I paid $800 for a 42" Plasma 720p that was refurbished with no warranty and to me that was a deal.[/quote]

Just a heads up for everybody, this is 1080i and not 1080p. I know that Sears has is listed for 1080p but it's not. Go to CNET and look at the official editors review, it's 1080i. This is still a great deal but don't buy it thinking it's 1080p. I am going to stop at Sears on the way home to see if it's actually 1080p or not.

Thanks my sears has 2 instock. So its not a big deal to me that its not 1080p so i might just go ahead a purchase it. I have not seen any other real great deals on tv's this black friday. And now i wont have to worry about actually getinng one. Any worry about burn in on newer plasmas?

[quote name='l rumble l']Thanks my sears has 2 instock. So its not a big deal to me that its not 1080p so i might just go ahead a purchase it. I have not seen any other real great deals on tv's this black friday. And now i wont have to worry about actually getinng one. Any worry about burn in on newer plasmas?[/quote]

Yeah, I would jump on it also if I just didn't buy a tv from Sears last weekend before the $150 football rebate expired. I bought the Panasonic 42in 1080P. I really don't care about 1080p but for the price I couldn't pass it up. I haven't opened it yet since I'm waiting to see what Best Buys last minute deals are going to be, they only post those on the website on Thanksgiving day and they are above and beyond what are in the ads that day. I am going to stop by and see it the Hitachi really is 1080p, it if is, then I will take the Panny back and get this one for $300 less. I'm not a techo freak and 1080p from what I understand only makes a difference visually if your tv is 50 in or bigger and the differnence is only noticeable if you look really close. I'm mostly an 360 gamer but I picked up a PS3 about a month ago and I remember reading a while back that the PS3 does not upscale to 1080i but down scales the games to 480p, this would be my concern about 1080i but if the Hitachi does 1080i and also 720p then it's not an issue. I wouldn't worry too much about burn in though, just don't abuse it and give the set a rest during those 4 hr gaming sessions. The Hitachi is a great deal for $776, sorry for the long winded reply!

No thanks a whole bunch. You just sold me on my purchase. I have a 32" lcd right now that my friend is going to purchase from me for 300. So its only going to cost me 400+ out of my pocket. The only thing that i had heard is that motion blur can be an issue. But i thought plasma's were better with this. but who knows. But i am going to swing by on my way home too and check it out. I was thinking that i didnt need to buy a warrenty for 300$? i mean its half the price of the tv. lol.

It's a 1080i plasma, and if you want to get it, you need to crap or get off the pot. It's already almost unorderable at the store level, it'll be backordered by tomorrow.

[quote name='l rumble l']No thanks a whole bunch. You just sold me on my purchase. I have a 32" lcd right now that my friend is going to purchase from me for 300. So its only going to cost me 400+ out of my pocket. The only thing that i had heard is that motion blur can be an issue. But i thought plasma's were better with this. but who knows. But i am going to swing by on my way home too and check it out. I was thinking that i didnt need to buy a warrenty for 300$? i mean its half the price of the tv. lol.[/quote]

Motion blur is not an issue on plasmas. LCD's are affected by motion blur and not plasma. Superstevedog is right, you need to get it and don't hesitate. You should order it online if you have a credit card and just choose in store pickup. This is a good deal, I wouldn't kid ya about that. That is awesome too about your friend buying your lcd. I too currently game on a 32 in lcd Westy and love it but wanted to move up to plasma and for gaming to me the screen can never be big enough! Good luck, pm me and I'll give you some details about a cheap warranty which is good to have.

[quote name='l rumble l']what do ya know. Tv out of stock. Frigin great.[/quote]

Just go to the store and buy it, they can order you one and have it shipped to the store. Pretty sure they can do that from what I hear. Good luck!

What a fucking misleading description. "1080HD" makes you think you are getting 1080p, when really it only goes to 1080i.

Sears or Hitachi should be called on this deception.

[quote name='chakan']What a fucking misleading description. "1080HD" makes you think you are getting 1080p, when really it only goes to 1080i.

Sears or Hitachi should be called on this deception.[/QUOTE]

Definitely hitachi, not sears. Their 1080p's are marked "full 1080" or something to that effect. you aren't going to get 1080p for 700 bucks, not yet anyways. Next year, sure.

I should add that I sell electronics at sears. Most likely the TV is already unorderable from the main werehouse. There won't be a substitute, cause it's "While Quantities lasT." I sold all 3 of ours by noon yesterday, you might be able to buy the display(not that you'd want to) if the store still has it.

There will be other good deals, hold out. Hell, the 37" LG LCD for 899(minus 10%) is a pretty good deal on a solid TV right now. No burn in problems.

Honestly that was the worst plasma we had on the floor, I'm not sorry to see it sold out.

We should be getting this TV on Wednesday I think. I used to play on a Hitachi 57" 1080i tv, but I recently moved my Xbox upstairs to a 26" 10 year old crappy tv. I can't wait!!

Thanks for notifying us OP ;)

bread's done
Back