Great PSP lineup

s3v3n777

CAGiversary!
Given the lineup for the next couple of months, I'm pretty positive in saying that I won't be putting down the PSP for a while. Its funny because only 2 months ago there was a slow trickle of quality games. Now, it apears, we will have a surplus of games. Here's a list of POTENTIALLY good games I'm looking forward to:

Maverick Hunter X (1/31)
Street Fighter Alpha Max (2/7)
Syphon Filter (3/7)
Splinter Cell (3/7)
From Russia With Love (3/14)
Brothers in Arms (3/15)
Monster Hunter (3/21)
Tomb Raider (4/11)

Funny...The DS had a whole lineup I couldnt resist and now the PSP has one too...

[quote name='s3v3n777']Given the lineup for the next couple of months, I'm pretty positive in saying that I won't be putting down the PSP for a while. Its funny because only 2 months ago there was a slow trickle of quality games. Now, it apears, we will have a surplus of games. Here's a list of POTENTIALLY good games I'm looking forward to:

Maverick Hunter X (1/31)
Syphon Filter (3/7)
Splinter Cell (3/7)
Brothers in Arms (3/15)
Monster Hunter (3/21)
Tomb Raider (4/11)

Funny...The DS had a whole lineup I couldnt resist and now the PSP has one too...[/QUOTE]

Totally. For me, these next few months are gonna be for the PSP what last Fall was for the DS in terms of good games. I'm particularly looking forward to:

February 21, 2006 Exit
March 14, 2006 Mega Man: Powered Up
March 21, 2006 Me and My Katamari
March 28, 2006 Daxter

[quote name='s3v3n777']Given the lineup for the next couple of months, I'm pretty positive in saying that I won't be putting down the PSP for a while. Its funny because only 2 months ago there was a slow trickle of quality games. Now, it apears, we will have a surplus of games. Here's a list of POTENTIALLY good games I'm looking forward to:

Maverick Hunter X (1/31)
Syphon Filter (3/7)
Splinter Cell (3/7)
Brothers in Arms (3/15)
Monster Hunter (3/21)
Tomb Raider (4/11)

Funny...The DS had a whole lineup I couldnt resist and now the PSP has one too...[/QUOTE]

yeah don't forget

Maverick Hunter X (1/31)
Exit (2/14)
Ys: The Ark of Naphistim (3/7)
Untold Legends 2 (3/7)
Splinter Cell (3/7)
Syphon Filter (3/14)
Brothers in Arms (3/15)
Monster Hunter (3/21)
Daxter (3/21)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (3/27)
Tomb Raider (4/11)

The only ones I am considering, but not sure I will purchase are:

Mega Man Hunter
Mega Man Powered
Katamari
Monster Hunter
Metal Gear Ac!d

[quote name='MadFlava']Man, but there nearly all ports. PSP needs some original content.[/QUOTE]

the only one port I'm interested in is Ys, but if I get the PS2 version I won't need the PSP version...

[quote name='javeryh']Hopefully these will all be playable on a 1.5 PSP (tricked into a 2.0) like Virtua Tennis and Burnout...[/QUOTE]
they wont (at least Mega Man Hunter), but I think they are working on a new loader.

[quote name='MadFlava']Man, but there nearly all ports. PSP needs some original content.[/QUOTE]

The Megaman games are remakes, SF Alpha 3 is an enhanced port, so its cool.

Hell, Ys has handdrawn 2D graphics now instead of 3D.

At least they aren't doing the "Lets port entire games over so people who own it on ps2 have no reason to buy it" that they were doing (SD Vs Raw 2006, Midnight Club 3).

[quote name='62t']they wont (at least Mega Man Hunter), but I think they are working on a new loader.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean playing ripped games from a memory stick - I just mean buying the game and playing it straight up on my PSP...

The Mega Man games are only $29.99. Hardly expensive, especially if you want portable versions that are updated. It was totally worth it for Super Mario Bros. 3 and Super Mario World on Gameboy Advance for me. I like the ports because it allows me to play the games anywhere and anytime. I say bring on the ports. Also the SNES EMU on PSP needs some work still. The NES one however kicks ass.

[quote name='DJSteel']yeah don't forget

Maverick Hunter X (1/31)
Exit (2/14)
Ys: The Ark of Naphistim (3/7)
Untold Legends 2 (3/7)
Splinter Cell (3/7)
Syphon Filter (3/14)
Brothers in Arms (3/15)
Monster Hunter (3/21)
Daxter (3/21)
Metal Gear Ac!d 2 (3/27)
Tomb Raider (4/11)[/QUOTE]

* Beautiful *

My list to get is:
YS
UTL 2 depeding on reviews
MONSTER HUNTER I've been waiting so long for this one. Its got one good review on gamestats.
Daxter
Metal Gear AC!d

Can't wait to put in some time on my psp.

got damn none of u hoes mentioned Winning Eleven 9!!!

wtf mates?!?!

WE9, Gradius, Generations of Chaos,

top3!!!

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn none of u hoes mentioned Winning Eleven 9!!!

wtf mates?!?!

top3!!![/QUOTE]
i'll get WE 9 for the PS2 over the PSP....

Splinter Cell for the PSP looks like it will be a hit. The storyline looks interesting.

[quote name='Gamespot']Essentials won't be the next chronological addition to the Splinter Cell timeline--that duty falls to Double Agent, the upcoming fourth installment in the console series. Instead, the PSP game will take a retrospective look at the entirety of Sam Fisher's career, from his early days as a Navy SEAL to the shady events of Double Agent--and maybe even beyond. Ubisoft tells us the game will use a unique narrative framework to tie all of the missions together, though they haven't divulged yet exactly how this scenario will play out. We do know that these discrete missions won't even be presented in chronological order, so presumably their presentation will serve a greater storyline.[/quote]

http://www.gamespot.com/psp/action/splintercellpsp/news.html?sid=6142853

Damn, looks like the PSP just needed some time for the good games to start coming out (just like the DS).

Cool thing too that the Megaman/Megaman X are only going to be $29.99

[quote name='DJSteel']i'll get WE 9 for the PS2 over the PSP....[/QUOTE]yeay...

I had Win Eleven 7 for Ps2

but I never felt like wanting to sit on mine ass and learn to play it...

so I pay like $30 for a game for mine roommate instead...

then I sold it!!

PSP version looks cool tho coz I can learn to play the game wile Im in class not paying attention to the teacher

(dat's where I play all my handehelld games!)

[quote name='JEKKI']got damn none of u hoes mentioned Winning Eleven 9!!!

wtf mates?!?!

top3!!![/QUOTE]

I was gonna say, but I don't have a PSP, so yeah, thanks for that. I've heard a rumor (on the PESinsight board) that the US WE9 on the PSP will have the Master League mode in it, basically making it PERFECT. I will definitely be looking for a PSP deal sooner now cause I NEED on the go WE (without master league tho, it'll get boring). Hopefully by WE10, we'll have online multiplayer...

[quote name='panasonic']You forgot the best ones: NARUTO and DBZ :)[/QUOTE]
DBZ Shin Budokai is basically Budokai 3 with new characters and stuff.

Naruto is more of an amalgamation of the console Naruto games.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']DBZ Shin Budokai is basically Budokai 3 with new characters and stuff.
[/QUOTE]

Awesome... Pikkon is confirmed, I will probably pick it up, since it also includes a new fighting system called Aura Burst.

[quote name='jimmy7']hey what about gt4 mobile[/QUOTE]

Gran Turismo 4 Mobile..which is one of the PSP games i like to get my hands on. Yeah Gradius and SFA3 max are gonna be buys for me.

Exit
MX vs ATV Unleashed: Over the Edge
Splinter Cell: Essentials
Pursuit Force
Worms: Open Warfare
From Russia With Love
Capcom Classics Collection Remixed
Me & My Katamari
Def Jam Fight for NY: The Takeover
Daxter
Metal Gear Acid 2
Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble

All look like they could be pretty awesome.

But we shall see.

[quote name='javeryh']Hopefully these will all be playable on a 1.5 PSP (tricked into a 2.0) like Virtua Tennis and Burnout...[/QUOTE]

how is that done exactly? I have a 1.5 but I really don't want to upgrade [I bought Virtua Tennis but have not played it yet because of this]?

[quote name='speedy05']how is that done exactly? I have a 1.5 but I really don't want to upgrade [I bought Virtua Tennis but have not played it yet because of this]?[/QUOTE]

Google about firmware launchers. This is how i play burnout and today, assuming I finish my homework, I'll try the latest firmware launcher with 2.5 to play megaman mh x. It better work!

bread's done
Back