Great visit to Blockbuster today

jbroush99

CAGiversary!
Feedback
37 (100%)
I stopped at the Blockbuster here on my lunch because I remembered seeing Firefighter FD 18 there a few weeks ago. I had played the demo a while ago and liked it, but have seen how scarce the game has become. I figured this was my last chance to pick it up outside of ebay.
Well, it still was there. Complete, disc in good shape, perfect manual and boxart. The price was $24.99 which is about half of what the ebay price is, so I went for it.
I also picked up Room Zoom for the Xbox since it would have been $3.50 after the 50% off for the second game. The guy scanned Room Zoom and it rang up at $9.99 instead of $6.99. It automatically took off $5.00 for the half off but I pointed out the pricing error. He realized the error and fixed it by giving me an additional discount of $3.00. So the price ended up being $9.99 - $5.00 - $3.00 = $1.99. Not bad, even if it sucks.
I also asked him if they had any empty cases since the Blockbuster ones wrinkle the manuals. He said no problem and gave me a bag with 8 PS2 cases and 3 Xbox cases.
Thank you Blockbuster!

[quote name='jbroush99']I stopped at the Blockbuster here on my lunch because I remembered seeing Firefighter FD 18 there a few weeks ago. I had played the demo a while ago and liked it, but have seen how scarce the game has become. I figured this was my last chance to pick it up outside of ebay.
Well, it still was there. Complete, disc in good shape, perfect manual and boxart. The price was $24.99 which is about half of what the ebay price is, so I went for it.
I also picked up Room Zoom for the Xbox since it would have been $3.50 after the 50% off for the second game. The guy scanned Room Zoom and it rang up at $9.99 instead of $6.99. It automatically took off $5.00 for the half off but I pointed out the pricing error. He realized the error and fixed it by giving me an additional discount of $3.00. So the price ended up being $9.99 - $5.00 - $3.00 = $1.99. Not bad, even if it sucks.
I also asked him if they had any empty cases since the Blockbuster ones wrinkle the manuals. He said no problem and gave me a bag with 8 PS2 cases and 3 Xbox cases.
Thank you Blockbuster![/quote]

They still have a Firefighter fd18 at my local GR...no instruction though. The disc is good though. I already have one though.

Room Zoom wasnt that bad. The graphics do suck big time, but multiplayer is kind of fun, like soccer or the one where you have to tag boxes.

I just got done playing Room Zoom for about a half hour and it isn't utter crap. Glad I picked it up.
I couldn't believe that Firefighter was still there. It has been there for quite a while and had been moved into their display of games that are under $10 (but was still $24.99). They also have a copy of Metal Slug 3 that has been sitting there just as long, but it is missing the manual and is $29.99.

THat is pretty awesome that hegave you those cases. I have a few games that dont have cases, Tht would be great if somebody gave me a bag of them.
Good job!

i love buying used movies esp, i picked up dodgeball, secret window, the perfect score, and spiderman 2, all complete with inserts for 19.99 total 2 weeks ago..

[quote name='markholladay']THat is pretty awesome that hegave you those cases. I have a few games that dont have cases, Tht would be great if somebody gave me a bag of them.
Good job![/quote]

When he was scanning the games, I asked if they had any PS2 or Xbox cases for the games I was buying because manuals don't fit in Blockbuster cases. He said "Well, I just threw a bunch away." I told him he shouldn't throw them away, but should save them for me since I have bought quite a few games from them and have a ton of their lousy cases. He just turned around, dug around in a drawer, and pulled out the stack.
I just got done switching the cases and I still need 1 more Xbox case and ended up with 2 extra PS2 cases for later purchases.

bread's done
Back